• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL MVP update

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes down to the AP voters and if they look at the Packers at 4-6 with a terrible defense with the injuries in the secondary, no running game, no TE and a bad head coach they will see that no team relies on one player in the NFL more than the Packers do with Rodgers. IMO if he finishes the deal vs Detroit he doesn't just win MVP but he becomes a prophet and Muslims will convert to praise Godgers.

His #'s are comparable to the last two times he won MVP as well.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady won't get it because of the 4 missed games. He had to be all time great or far superior to the competition to win the MVP and he wasn't.

I think the award should no longer be controlled by a bunch of guys who probably never even played or coached in the NFL in their life in the media. To me it would be more important to be named the most outstanding player by the coaches and players than MVP by pencil pushers.
I think if you asked the players in this conversation about this, they would say the recognition from their peers means much more than the award from the media types. Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised to see Brady get it although I agree that Ryan or Rodgers should. The guys in Dallas offset each other, imo. It will be hard to choose so the voters will look elsewhere and the O-line will continue to get the credit anyway. And Johnson should get some recognition but the team was just not good enough for him to win.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas has:

Zeke +180
Brady +250
Ryan +300
Bell + 600
Rodgers +1000
Stafford +1200

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mock voting they do on ESPN has

1. BRADY
2. RYAN
3. RODGERS

That's how I'd imagine it'll end up unless something crazy happens this last week

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mock voting they do on ESPN has

1. BRADY
2. RYAN
3. RODGERS

That's how I'd imagine it'll end up unless something crazy happens this last week

What a sham if Brady wins it

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a sham if Brady wins it
Honestly it's the media. It's a great story for them if Brady wins. Brady sticks it to the commissioner by winning MVP after his 4 hame suspension. That shit writes itself. They'll vote for him because it benefits them.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady does not deserve MVP. My vote would be for either Zeke Elliot or Aaron Rodgers.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly it's the media. It's a great story for them if Brady wins. Brady sticks it to the commissioner by winning MVP after his 4 hame suspension. That shit writes itself. They'll vote for him because it benefits them.

Couldn't agree more, that's why I always laughed at the suggestion that the Media hated Brady during deflategate

No more love for any athlete I can ever remember, from the media, than Brady

Roughly, not exact

Has 12-18 less TD's than Rodgers and Ryan (if you include Rodgers rushing TD's)

1200-1500 less passing yards

and his team didn't miss a beat without him in the lineup

How in Gods name would he win the MVP over those other guys

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more, that's why I always laughed at the suggestion that the Media hated Brady during deflategate

Roughly, not exact

I've maintained since the start that I'd have no issue with a guy winning who missed 4 games IF he was substantially better in his 12 games than the other candidates. That's not the case here. Shit it's debatable whether Brady has been better at all, and he certainly had not been appreciably better

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Roughly, not exact

What do voters weigh more wins or stats? I've always argued on here that stats are great for FFL and shit talking fans. But at the end of the day it's all about the W-L record.
Ryan has as many wins a Brady and played 4 more games.
Rodgers lost to Minn, Dal, Ten and Indy early this year.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do voters weigh more wins or stats? I've always argued on here that stats are great for FFL and shit talking fans. But at the end of the day it's all about the W-L record.
I think there's some truth there but in that instance I'd tend to lean towards Dak or Zeke then. We saw NE go 3-1 without Tom and we saw Dallas go 4-12 with basically the same team minus Prescott and Elliott. Tough to argue Brady holds more value than them if you are valuing wins over raw stats

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure, but if you base it off wins and losses, you should account for Strength of Schedule, where New England ranks 2nd to last in this season (Miami is the worst)

Im not sure where GB/Atlanta/Dallas are, but I don't think its fair to weigh wins and losses so heavily, without looking at who each player had to face that season

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's some truth there but in that instance I'd tend to lean towards Dak or Zeke then. We saw NE go 3-1 without Tom and we saw Dallas go 4-12 with basically the same team minus Prescott and Elliott. Tough to argue Brady holds more value than them if you are valuing wins over raw stats
Tough for a rookie to get it, especially with two canceling each other out.
As for 4-12 you can't bring last years accomplishments or failures into this years MVP considerations. Otherwise you have to believe Romo is a terrible QB.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough for a rookie to get it, especially with two canceling each other out.
As for 4-12 you can't bring last years accomplishments or failures into this years MVP considerations. Otherwise you have to believe Romo is a terrible QB.

Romo missed most of last season, but yes, he sucks...LOL

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares, honestly…I want The Patriots to win the Superbowl. Let someone else win MVP. Maybe it will make Brady more fired up at the big dance.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but if you base it off wins and losses, you should account for Strength of Schedule, where New England ranks 2nd to last in this season (Miami is the worst)

Im not sure where GB/Atlanta/Dallas are, but I don't think its fair to weigh wins and losses so heavily, without looking at who each player had to face that season
Agree somwhat but You can only play who's on your schedule. Pre season their SoS was middle of the pack. Can't help so many teams underachieved this year. But if you continue to add factors like SoS you need to start looking at who lost to who (losing to Cle even if you have the hardest SoS should carry more weight than losing to a Seahawk or Cowboy team). Home loss vs away vs opponent. Players that played or were IR, healthy scratch or benched or traded... to me you can take into account everything or look at it from the simplest form W-L. This isn't just my thought for MVP voting but for how we rank/teams all year. Every team is a pro football team and can win on any given Sunday.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares, honestly…I want The Patriots to win the Superbowl. Let someone else win MVP. Maybe it will make Brady more fired up at the big dance.
All NE fans realize we could care less if any NE player or coach wins an individual award. SB is the ultimate. Let TB win the SB MVP and really stick it to Roger and his henchmen. I mean BB should get coach of the year almost every year so individual awards don't matter.