• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Fix the Franchises: CHAT

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Taylor to UK? :noidea:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i Honestly don't get the love for Taylor...

Many players started their career Great... Even with All-PROs and Pro bowls... Sean Taylor in 4 seasons ONLY had 2 pro-bowls and 0, yes 0, ALL pros... And he is seen to be the greatest thing since sliced bread...

In fact, how i rank him, i am shocked he even gets drafted... THE only reason to draft him IMO is to trade him to a skins fan, which for some reason we have too many of...

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I texted Nos to text sushi

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Many players started their career Great... Even with All-PROs and Pro bowls... Sean Taylor in 4 seasons ONLY had 2 pro-bowls and 0, yes 0, ALL pros... And he is seen to be the greatest thing since sliced bread...

In fact, how i rank him, i am shocked he even gets drafted... THE only reason to draft him IMO is to trade him to a skins fan, which for some reason we have too many of...
Want a list of Hall of Famer's who had two or less Pro Bowls in their first 4 years...absurd Milk. Watching the guy play might have helped:L

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:stfu:and Milk has now been banned. Sean Taylor was a beast. I don't think he would have done well in todays no hitting wide receivers and grab their flag but Taylor would have fit in nicely in the Ronnie Lott era. He constantly hit guys so hard in the first quarter which true a penalty but it caused players the rest of the game to be ball shy. They literally flinched when he got near and dropped many balls which I don't know if that's a stat that's counted. We will never know if he would have been a HOFer or flamed out but we can only judge on his short career. Just like my fav RB not to be named who got injured early in his career but if he continued on his pace he could have been top 5 of all-time.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want a list of Hall of Famer's who had two or less Pro Bowls in their first 4 years...absurd Milk. Watching the guy play might have helped:L

I love how that is your go-to... Stats don't love the guy, and i will always be a stats guy.... I know AV is not a great evaluation, but I do like using it to an extent... If you look at the great players they have seasons of AV over 10, He never did... He was a talent, not much more...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how that is your go-to... Stats don't love the guy, and i will always be a stats guy.... I know AV is not a great evaluation, but I do like using it to an extent... If you look at the great players they have seasons of AV over 10, He never did... He was a talent, not much more...
Yep, watching guys play always trumps a stat book for me Brother, on that we agree:suds::suds:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Taylor and Jerome Brown, maybe the two best at their positions in the last 25 years if only...

For the sake of the draft i'll just nod and walk away...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One of your two safeties(both SS by the way) only had 1 Pro Bowl in his first 4 years. He must have sucked Donkey Nus. The other had 3 compared to Taylors 2. Stunning...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I didn't see there was actually a convo about him. He was not nearly as good as he's remembered. He died young so he is romanticized.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, watching guys play always trumps a stat book for me Brother, on that we agree:suds::suds:

Fine, but why do you just assume i don't watch them... I mean it is fair to assume that for players pre-2000 as i was too young to follow football... But i will always believe that the Eye test lies more than stats do...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the sake of the draft i'll just nod and walk away...
We all have our opinions. Mine is, there are 10 teams in this draft, and if you put all the FS's who are drafted in this Mock on the field in their 4th year(prime), he'd be as good or better than anyone out there

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine, but why do you just assume i don't watch them... I mean it is fair to assume that for players pre-2000 as i was too young to follow football... But i will always believe that the Eye test lies more than stats do...
Just something we disagree on Bud, I respect your opinion but believe number of Pro Bowls by year 4 isn't a fair barometer

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tayloe was a very good player but he wasnt great IMO

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all have our opinions. Mine is, there are 10 teams in this draft, and if you put all the FS's who are drafted in this Mock on the field in their 4th year(prime), he'd be as good or better than anyone out there

We just gonna have to disagree on this one...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just something we disagree on Bud, I respect your opinion but believe number of Pro Bowls by year 4 isn't a fair barometer

Didn't mean to use it as the all end stat... I don't think it is... it is not his fault that there may have been someone better or at least a BIGGER name who was good.... But what stat jumps out at you of his?? I know you love the eye test, but at some point when there is no stats,including pro-bowls and all-pros, and including advanced statistics done by analysts like AV, then how accurate is your eye test??

The stats show he had a very promising start to his career... but that is something that can be said about many... It really does suck that we will never find out what he truly could have done, but i am not projecting on him...