• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NFL Draft Day 3 : Rounds 4 to 7

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One thing I will say of Baalke this year - slight progress. Very slight. Even the picks that I don't agree with aren't nearly as bad as some of the ones he's helped make in year's past. At least this year with the ones I disagree with I can at least see SOME logic behind it rather than just flat out disagreements like previous years.

Exactly how i feel.

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bears took fales

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Nary a D-lineman taken. I'm hoping that means they like Dial & TJE a lot & Tank's 100%.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's a special teamer at best for now for the most part IMO. Another predominately zone guy. Good size but doesn't play as strong as I want so he needs development. He struggled against some big receivers, including Mike Evans. His lower body is really, really good though.

He was 190 at the pro day:

Garrett Gilbert, two others shine at SMU pro day - NFL.com

He also played QB, WR and returner in high school. Forgot about that.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Nary a D-lineman taken. I'm hoping that means they like Dial & TJE a lot & Tank's 100%.

I'm curious if they think Okoye can contribute this season as well.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I will say of Baalke this year - slight progress. Very slight. Even the picks that I don't agree with aren't nearly as bad as some of the ones he's helped make in year's past. At least this year with the ones I disagree with I can at least see SOME logic behind it rather than just flat out disagreements like previous years.

I agree with that assessment. I still don't know how we passed on a backup QB (other than Gabbert) with so many available so late. I wish we could have got Gaines and a better receiver than Ellington. I really don't like Ellington. There were so many good WR's and I understand that we grabbed Stevei Johnson, but we really missed out on WR in this draft class as well as some of the higher end CB's.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Of all the smaller CBs that need weight room work, Kendall James from Maine that just went to Minnesota was one of the better ones that I thought could be taken if you grouped the ones like him.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Robert Herron at this point is a pretty solid pick here. I'm a little less picky or harsh on teams when you get to this range but he was one of the few players I had left on my list.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He's a special teamer at best for now for the most part IMO. Another predominately zone guy. Good size but doesn't play as strong as I want so he needs development. He struggled against some big receivers, including Mike Evans. His lower body is really, really good though.

He was 190 at the pro day:

Garrett Gilbert, two others shine at SMU pro day - NFL.com

Okay, sounds good. Possibly a replacement if Osgood isn't back after this season?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
HA! Jim Harbaugh is giving Eisen NOTHING on air. Hilarious.

Ok, wait. Maybe he will. He's giving him some things on Jimmie Ward. Nothing new we don't already know. But before he spoke on Ward he was literally giving Eisen NOTHING to work with. Eisen wanted to joke with him and there was nothing given back. Hilarious.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Next pick better be Tiny Richardson. Let he & Brandon Thomas watch for a year while rehabbing.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's just dumb that Lache Seastrunk fell this far. BEST RB IN THIS DRAFT

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

He's still out there??? WOW! I don't know that I like him more than Hyde, but he's a good 'back.

Ok, Tiny or Lache. Make it happen!

Edit: Never mind. I just saw what you meant. He's gone.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that assessment. I still don't know how we passed on a backup QB (other than Gabbert) with so many available so late. I wish we could have got Gaines and a better receiver than Ellington. I really don't like Ellington. There were so many good WR's and I understand that we grabbed Stevei Johnson, but we really missed out on WR in this draft class as well as some of the higher end CB's.

What's the purpose of drafting a QB in the 4th or 5th when the Niners gave up a 6th for Gabbert? The odds of that player beating out Gabbert is pretty low. Niners like to have a vet backing up and don't carry a 3rd QB.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I almost forgot about him. He reminds me a little of MJD. He's going to be the Andre Ellington of this years draft that fell way too far.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rams are having a very good draft

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the purpose of drafting a QB in the 4th or 5th when the Niners gave up a 6th for Gabbert? The odds of that player beating out Gabbert is pretty low. Niners like to have a vet backing up and don't carry a 3rd QB.

Funny that you say that because I was just thinking that we are probably only going to carry 2 QB's this year. Especially with all of the depth at other positions.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Okay, sounds good. Possibly a replacement if Osgood isn't back after this season?

I wouldn't say he won't take a STs spot from someone, Osgood or somebody else, but if I had to guess I'd say pretty comfortably that he won't amount to what Osgood has on STs. Osgood is one of the best special teamers in the past decade. Would be a little unfair to him to expect that from him. But could he wind up there? Yeah.