• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NFL Draft Day 3 : Rounds 4 to 7

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody even knew who he was before the media circus is my point. You can't say that didn't play a part.

Whether you want to admit it or not, it IS a big deal that a player is known to be gay while still being active, regardless of what side of the aisle you follow. I don't fuck a flying fuck if it's liberal or conservative, it has no place in sports so don't bring it here.

And to say that you wouldn't know who the SEC Defensive Player of the Year is, especially if he drops like a rock to the 7th round, is bullshit. ESPN, who gags on SEC cock regularly, would have let you know regardless of his sexual preference.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You stfu

He's got guts. He cost himself by coming out.

Why should he try to hide who he is. His teammates at Mizzou were OK with
It and he was defensive poy.

Does every player announce their sexuality, straight or gay, prior to the draft? No.

Is that "hiding who they are"? No.

A player's sexuality has NOTHING to do with the football drafting process. I don't want to know their sexuality, religion, political affiliation, etc. It's all completely irrelevant.

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does every player announce their sexuality, straight or gay, prior to the draft? No.

A player's sexuality has NOTHING to do with the football drafting process. I don't want to know their sexuality, religion, political affiliation, etc. It's all completely irrelevant.

Agreed. All I care about is if the player can play football.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If you looked at how the draft broke, late 6th-early 7th sounds about right. Only probably lost half a round at most

Half a round in the 7th round isn't anything at all. Those picks are essentially equal in value. He didn't lose anything. He can't play in a 3-4, and he's not very athletic. I doubt he even makes the team.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ChrisBiderman
The 49ers came into the draft needing WRs and DBs. They came away with two WRs and four DBs.

Berman is really starting to slip these days.

Ellington and Stevie Johnson. That's two, no?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sick, Stevie Johnson is the other WR.

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's counting Johnson as one of the wideouts

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody even knew who he was before the media circus is my point. You can't say that didn't play a part.

Anybody who knows anything knew who Michael Sam was long before he came out.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Half a round in the 7th round isn't anything at all. Those picks are essentially equal in value. He didn't lose anything. He can't play in a 3-4, and he's not very athletic. I doubt he even makes the team.
I agree with your assessment on all fronts. He has a small chance to make the team but he would be ideal for the Rams practice squad

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just throwing this out there: Rush Limbaugh tried to buy the Rams, and the NFL didn't let him 'cause he said the sports media was racially biased.

So the people in power in the NFL are liberals? News to me.

In fact most of this doesn't make sense. Racially biased sports media won't allow someone to buy a team? :wtf2:

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I dare say if Sam played well opposite of a 2nd rounder in Kony Ealy, imagine what he can do with the Rams DL. Sadly, he may not ever get that opportunity.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I dare say if Sam played well opposite of a 2nd rounder in Kony Ealy, imagine what he can do with the Rams DL. Sadly, he may not ever get that opportunity.

Why is that sad? You want a Rams' player to succeed?

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Being straight is assumed. If Sam hadn't came out, and someone found out, he would be perceived to be "hiding" his sexuality, but if he is open to his college team, and then the MEDIA talks about it leading up to the drat, Sam is seen as flaunting his homosexuality, which is fucking stupid. Sam has asked repeatedly for the media to srtop portraying him as "the gay football player." This responsibility of being THE first openly gay NFL player was thrust (lawls) upon him, so he porbably is trying to be diplomatic about it and overly open in order to help others.

2) Ask Culliver if no one cares if a player is gay. Or ask Vilma, who stays up at night dreaming of gay men looking at him in the shower. "OooOOoOoo... I wonder how I'll feel when a gay man is lookin' me up and down in the shower...."

And what about the "nameless" GMs that have said the NFL isn't ready, and his draft stock would be hurt / he wouldn't be drafted at all, or that the NFL "isn't ready"? Sounds like some people care.

3) Things like religion CAN matter as well. Remember Tebow? Or Dwight Howard? Leading up to & after Dwight Howard was drafted to the Orlando Magic, his religion was a story. Before he was drafted, Howard said he was going to use his celebrity to "raise the name of God within the [NBA]," and after he was drafted to Orlando, Howard said he was going to" bring Christianity to the Magic locker room," or something along those lines. Some fans, and apparently some front offices, get sketched out by someone who is perceived as TOO religious.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Being straight is assumed. If Sam hadn't came out, and someone found out, he would be perceived to be "hiding" his sexuality, but if he is open to his college team, and then the MEDIA talks about it leading up to the drat, Sam is seen as flaunting his homosexuality, which is fucking stupid. Sam has asked repeatedly for the media to srtop portraying him as "the gay football player." This responsibility of being THE first openly gay NFL player was thrust (lawls) upon him, so he porbably is trying to be diplomatic about it and overly open in order to help others.

2) Ask Culliver if no one cares if a player is gay. Or ask Vilma, who stays up at night dreaming of gay men looking at him in the shower. "OooOOoOoo... I wonder how I'll feel when a gay man is lookin' me up and down in the shower...."

And what about the "nameless" GMs that have said the NFL isn't ready, and his draft stock would be hurt / he wouldn't be drafted at all, or that the NFL "isn't ready"? Sounds like some people care.

3) Things like religion CAN matter as well. Remember Tebow? Or Dwight Howard? Leading up to & after Dwight Howard was drafted to the Orlando Magic, his religion was a story. Before he was drafted, Howard said he was going to use his celebrity to "raise the name of God within the [NBA]," and after he was drafted to Orlando, Howard said he was going to" bring Christianity to the Magic locker room," or something along those lines. Some fans, and apparently some front offices, get sketched out by someone who is perceived as TOO religious.

1) Who exactly assumes that a person is straight if they don't say they are gay? Because I sure as hell don't. He IS flaunting it. Charley Casserly was just saying that he has had some gay players, and the entire team knew they were gay and they were fine with it. But it was a non-story because it's FUCKING IRRELEVANT.

2) I didn't say that nobody cares if a player is gay. I said it's irrelevant if a player is gay.

3) Not sure what your point is. Some people are uncomfortable with a person's sexuality or a person's religion. I would say that that's their problem then because it has nothing to do with what happens on the field/court.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like any other job interview. They don't need to know your sexuality. They don't need to know your religion or if you're TOO religious. Etc.

Why? Because it's irrelevant.