• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft / College football

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be dumb to ask but is Derek Carr related to David Carr? both out of Fresno St?

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the 49ers sign a top tier FA WR (Vjax, Wallace, or Bowe) and re-sign Morgan, what do people think about drafting Joe Adams in the 3rd or 4th? He would make Ginn expendable (maybe Williams does anyway), because he can handle punt return duty and should be able to contribute more than Ginn as a WR.

WR's:

WR1: VJax, Wallace, or Bowe
WR2: Crabtree
WR3: Morgan
WR4: Williams
WR5: Adams

Use the 1st couple of picks on C or G and Secondary, OLB, or dline depth.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If the 49ers sign a top tier FA WR (Vjax, Wallace, or Bowe) and re-sign Morgan, what do people think about drafting Joe Adams in the 3rd or 4th? He would make Ginn expendable (maybe Williams does anyway), because he can handle punt return duty and should be able to contribute more than Ginn as a WR.

WR's:

WR1: VJax, Wallace, or Bowe
WR2: Crabtree
WR3: Morgan
WR4: Williams
WR5: Adams

Use the 1st couple of picks on C or G and Secondary, OLB, or dline depth.

Wouldn't mind that. I'd actually be okay with going defense in the first two rounds (likely CB, d-line depth) if we landed a true #1 WR in FA.

Although I think what actually happens is we land a second/third tier WR in FA, and then draft a WR within the first two rounds.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clyde, Michael Dyer plays for Auburn. In addition, you didn't include a handfull of marquee names out there... I guess after this year's draft when you decide to create your top 5/10 prospects at each position for the next class, then we can compare notes to see...

No he doesn't Bingo.

And this was just a quick preview. You can feel free to add any names I missed.

Could be dumb to ask but is Derek Carr related to David Carr? both out of Fresno St?

Yep, and a lot of people think he can be a better prospect than David.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Younger brother of David Carr. There is another brother, Darren, that also played football. He started out at Bakersfield College in California and then transferred to Houston and played in a few games but gave up the game midway through his junior season to explore other options.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFL draft diary: Matt Kalil says diet plan makes difference - NFL - Sporting News

The food I’m eating is high quality and doesn’t have a lot of fat. When you’re taking in those fatty foods, it doesn’t allow your muscles to recover as fast and doesn’t allow for proper muscle growth. I’ve noticed a big difference. I’ve gained about 15 pounds, but I’ve also lost body fat while gaining weight. It’s a healthy weight gain.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No he doesn't Bingo.

And this was just a quick preview. You can feel free to add any names I missed.

Did he transfer or something? I am seriously asking cuz now I'm confused:
Michael Dyer 2010 - YouTube
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8vfI7rFArU[/YOUTUBE]

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Younger brother of David Carr. There is another brother, Darren, that also played football. He started out at Bakersfield College in California and then transferred to Houston and played in a few games but gave up the game midway through his junior season to explore other options.

Thank you gentlemen.... Carr, Fresno... sounded familiar...

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Someone is late to the paarrrrtayyyy

:whoo:

It didn't hit me. I mean I saw # 23 (the slot/wingman/rb) a lot on offense, but it never registered. I believe his name is Caleb or something...if I see his name I can point it out. Anyway, I brushed it off thinking maybe he (Dyer) got hurt or something, but I never imagined that he was out of that program. Oh well...!

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you gentlemen.... Carr, Fresno... sounded familiar...

As a Fresno St. fan I am not sure Derek will ever be better than David. Now that Pat Hill is out it will depend on what kind of Offense we run and if he can excel enough to get noticed in our weak division. Not a bad start for his first year though.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Rueben Randle impresses me as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see him taken before our first pick. Big/physical, wins jump balls, surprising run after the catch ability.

Coby Fleener is starting to grow on me, too. I like Delanie as much as the next guy, but I have a feeling he won't be a Niner after his contract is up. With our emphasis on the TE, I certainly wouldn't object if Fleener was the pick. The more I see, the more I like. He's way more athletic than I gave him credit for.

Last edited by a moderator:

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rueben Randle impresses me as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see him taken before our first pick. Big/physical, wins jump balls, surprising run after the catch ability.

Coby Fleener is starting to grow on me, too. I like Delanie as much as the next guy, but I have a feeling he won't be a Niner after his contract is up. With our emphasis on the TE, I certainly wouldn't object if Fleener was the pick. The more I see, the more I like. He's way more athletic than I gave him credit for.

Yeah he's my favorite out of the bunch.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

I like both of those guys a lot, but the best TE in this draft is the guy from Clemson. I think he's going to be pretty special. I'd be very happy with him at 30 with all the 2 TE sets the Niners have.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like both of those guys a lot, but the best TE in this draft is the guy from Clemson. I think he's going to be pretty special. I'd be very happy with him at 30 with all the 2 TE sets the Niners have.

Yeah, i really like the top tier TE's in this class. We would get solid value out of either of those guys. Ladarius Green in the 2nd or 3rd round would be a solid pick too IMO. I agree with Kiper on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.