• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL COVID THREAD

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, I think that's enough. CANCEL THE SEASON NOW!!!!!!!!!!

I think I've said that previously, on many cases....but the NFL carries on. You'd THINK this weekends events may lead to at least a consideration....

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not good enough. I say we cancel the rest of the NFL season after Tuesday night's game.

I mean, it's only fair with all of you Chicken Little's running around.
Who's this chicken little you speak of?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Saints have been fined $500K and a 2021 seventh-round draft pick for "post-game maskless celebrations," after their Week 9 win over the Buccaneers.​

The Saints were previously fined for mask usage violations and the NFL has already established the precedent of taking away draft picks after the second infraction. A seventh-round pick isn't worthless but NFL teams continue to be lax with their usage of masks, distancing, and symptom reporting. The NFL may need to hit a team with more than a Day 3 pick removal to get better results from their new rules.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the NFL is considering "local bubbles" for the playoffs.​

That would mean "isolating all personnel in hotels except to go to and from the team facility and strictly enforcing limitations on who is permitted inside to interact with players," according to Rapoport. The NFL reportedly considers that more feasible than regular-season bubbles for all 32 teams or one giant bubble, like the NBA used. Baltimore is currently dealing with an outbreak that has already sidelined their reigning MVP Lamar Jackson and pushed their game back twice, notably moving it off the primetime spot on Thanksgiving. The NFL has shown a willingness to take drastic measures to keep their season intact and it may take one more to make it through the playoffs.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the 49ers could play the remainder of their home games in the Cardinals' stadium due to COVID-19 restrictions in Arizona.​

Santa Clara County, where the 49ers' home stadium is located, recently released new COVID-19 restrictions that banned all contact sports and mandated a 14-day quarantine for anyone traveling into the area from 150 miles away. With no exceptions made for their professional football team, the 49ers are unable to play their home games in the Bay Area for now. The Cardinals are reportedly willing to accommodate their NFC West opponent. The 49ers could also move to a stadium in Texas.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No QB for the Broncos today. All four of them out with the covid.
Must see TV.

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this goes on for another week or 2 they need to cancel the season. COVID cases are rising so this is only going to get worse.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must see TV.
1st game 12 in nfl history where neither qb has thrown a TD :suds:

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Patriots have been fined $350K for COVID-19 rules violations stemming back to their outbreak in October.​

Rapoport didn't say what the exact violations were but we know they are related to their outbreak in October that sidelined Cam Newton and pushed their Week 4 game versus the Chiefs back a few days. The NFL has fined every team that has violated the rules and stripped a late-round pick away from all second-offenders. The Patriots have been mostly free of positive tests since their October incident so it seems like they may have fallen in line after their lone outbreak.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When no one dies from this, will you admit you're being a hysterical chicken little?

And let's cancel the rest of the season. Don't want to take any chances. Amiright?

You're a dumbass. The Ravens organization decided to ignore league wide virus protocols. And as of yesterday they have 18 people that have tested positive. Never said anything about canceling the season you dolt.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a dumbass. The Ravens organization decided to ignore league wide virus protocols. And as of yesterday they have 18 people that have tested positive. Never said anything about canceling the season you dolt.
no doubt 9173 people have died from covid in less than a year :suds:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must see TV.
The Denver Broncos are starting undrafted rookie practice squad wide receiver Kendall Hinton at quarterback Sunday against the New Orleans Saints, but the team wanted their starting QB to be Rob Calabrese, their offensive quality control coach for the past two years, sources told ESPN on Sunday.

LOL an UDFA WR at QB. Funnier is the Broncos wanted a Quality Control coach to play QB.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The NFL cancelled the Ravens' Monday practice ahead of their Tuesday game against the Steelers.​

Baltimore hasn't practiced for nine days while they grapple with a full-blown COVID-19 outbreak. The team could have as many as 23 players on the reserve/COVID-19 list headed into their Tuesday night contest. They will be without offensive weapons Lamar Jackson, Mark Andrews, Mark Ingram, Willie Snead, and J.K. Dobbins. If the game is played -- and somehow, it appears it will be played -- Robert Griffin III will quarterback a largely second team offense against one of the NFL's best defenses

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blows me away that the NFL hasn't cancelled the BAL-PIT game. I feel fairly certain that the game will be safe to be played given that the Ravens haven't practiced for 9 days so nobody would be in contact with anyone that tested positive.

Still... Ravens are going to be extremely shorthanded. 7/11 starters on offense are out. 4 or 5 out of 11 on defense. Not to mention their depth pieces are completed depleted. An addition 13-14 depth players have tested positive. I'm guessing their entire practice squad will be activated.

I think the early portion of the game will be good... But eventually you have to imagine the Ravens just won't be able to stay competitive. Hard to say... They have their backs against the wall so it still makes them a very dangerous team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blows me away that the NFL hasn't cancelled the BAL-PIT game. I feel fairly certain that the game will be safe to be played given that the Ravens haven't practiced for 9 days so nobody would be in contact with anyone that tested positive.

Still... Ravens are going to be extremely shorthanded. 7/11 starters on offense are out. 4 or 5 out of 11 on defense. Not to mention their depth pieces are completed depleted. An addition 13-14 depth players have tested positive. I'm guessing their entire practice squad will be activated.

I think the early portion of the game will be good... But eventually you have to imagine the Ravens just won't be able to stay competitive. Hard to say... They have their backs against the wall so it still makes them a very dangerous team.

If they were to cancel the game, that's open up #8 slots. I think they have done a good job pushing the game back but you can't do anything about players getting CoV1d at this point. It's on them and the coaching staff to be as careful as possible, I realize it seems like it is getting worse but the Ravens reacted too late...it's on them. Fuck em for not following protocol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I said it before but why are they so scared to use a week 18 if needed?