• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL.com's Game Rewind package will include coaches tape

freaak

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm loving the idea, and will purchase it.

CP, curious...how could it be very, very bad?

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why do you think it would be bad, Chris? The one criticism I've always heard is that it will expose the announcers as cliche-spouting dummies once people get a good perspective on the whole field. I could see a problem with some fans getting too arrogant and critical about playcalling or execution once they get the look.

You have to admit, it will improve the PFF-style grading.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I love what it will provide for the credible graders that exist. Right before I re-opened this thread, I read this tweet from Matt Miller and it sums up part of my thoughts PERFECTLY. I have ZERO tolerance for those out there that think they are smarter than they are and have a better understanding of things than they do. To quote Jim Mora for the zillionth time, "You think you know, but you don't."

Matt Miller:

Love that the NFL is releasing All22 film. Hate that everyone will think watching film makes them an expert. Watching isn't understanding

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, agreed....I hadn't considered the possibility of dozens of wannabe PFF clones.

I'm not sure how much credit you're giving PFF film analysts, but there are a handful of posters on this board that could do film analysis for PFF.

I agree the all 22 will create a lot of wannabes but it will quickly expose them as well.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFL making coaches film available to the public | ProFootballTalk

The move surely didn’t come without a fight. As Deadspin points out, an item last year from the Wall Street Journal explains that former Redskins and Texans G.M. Charley Casserly was opposed to disclosing the footage. ”[H]e voted against releasing All-22 footage because he worried that if fans had access, it would open players and teams up to a level of criticism far beyond the current hum of talk radio,” Reed Albergotti of “the Wall” wrote. ”Casserly believed fans would jump to conclusions after watching one or two games in the All 22, without knowing the full story.”

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought this during the season and it is really neat, at the time it only had coaches film on select plays and they weren't available until three or four days after the game.. now they have coaches film for the entire game?? That is really cool.

BTW, the NFL are money hungry bastards... haha... now my subscription to the Regular Season doesn't work. Jerk faces.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I'd bump this if anyone wants to take advantage of the Free Trial until Sep. 17th... and watch the 49ers/Packers game in greater detail. They have all the games from 2009-2011 too, just remember they do not have the all coaches film for games before this season.

Just remember to cancel if you don't want to drop 70 bucks on this.