• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Combine Information

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFL Network Official LB 3-cone drill

1. Nathan Stupar - 6.84

2. Tank Carder - 6.89

3. Chris Galippo - 6.90

4. Luke Kuechly - 6.92

5. Audie Cole - 6.96

6. Darius Fleming - 7.03

7. Brandon Marshall - 7.05

8. Ronnell Lewis - 7.09

9. Kyle Wilber - 7.11

10. Tahir Whitehead - 7.14

T-11. Nigel Bradham - 7.18
T-11. Terrell Manning - 7.18

13. Demario Davis - 7.19

14. Ryan Baker - 7.21

15. Caleb McSurdy - 7.26

16. Tyler Nielsen - 7.27

17. Lavonte David - 7.28

18. Steve Johnson - 7.32

19. James-Michael Johnson - 7.34

20. Sean Spence - 7.46

Danny Trevathan - DNP
Dont'a Hightower - DNP
Miles Burris - DNP
Najee Goode - DNP
Keenan Robinson - DNP
Shawn Loiseau - DNP
Courtney Upshaw - DNP
Vontaze Burfict - DNP
Travis Lewis - DNP
Emmanuel Acho - DNP
Mychal Kendricks - DNP
Zach Brown - DNP
Josh Kaddu - DNP

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Olivier Vernon is a guy who has really impressed me today. I'd never even heard of him before today. Good foot work and he gets low.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Q: Adam, which players have impressed you the most so far at the combine? I thought WR Tommy Streeter was a big mover and obviously RG3 has raised his stock. Any others?

-- Luke (D.C.)​

A: It's far from over, Luke, but the wide receivers were very impressive: Notre Dame's Michael Floyd, Miami's Travis Benjamin, Georgia Tech's Stephen Hill and Stanford's Chris Owusu. Each one of those players ran faster than scouts were expecting, and each moved up in the draft. Floyd was viewed as an early second-round or possibly late first-round pick. But his time might have assured that he will go in the first round. And each of those players now will go higher. A running back who impressed teams was Virginia Tech's David Wilson. He did great in interviews and on the field. He helped himself, too.

--Adam Schefter​

Q: Were than any players that you've heard scouts were disappointed with? It sounded to me like OL Mike Adams struggled, as did WR Kendall Wright running a slow 40-yard dash.

-- Michael (Georgia)

A: Both of those guys didn't fare as well as they would have liked, Michael, but let's also keep in mind: It's just the combine. There still is a much larger body of work, and that's the way these guys played in college. Put on the game film and scouts can see what they would be getting with Adams and Wright. No, the combine didn't go well the way they expected. But there will be individual pro days for each, and their tape is there. Each player will be fine.

--Adam Schefter​

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFL Network Official LB 20-yard shuttle

1. Brandon Marshall - 4.09

2. Chris Galippo - 4.10

3. Luke Kuechly - 4.12

4. Tank Carder - 4.18

5. Mychal Kendricks - 4.19

6. Lavonte David - 4.22

T-7. Demario Davis - 4.28
T-7. Darius Fleming - 4.28
T-7. Caleb McSurdy - 4.28
T-7. Sean Spence - 4.28
T-7. Nathan Stupar - 4.28

12. Audie Cole - 4.29

T-13. Tyler Nielsen - 4.31
T-13. Kyle Wilber - 4.31

15. Ryan Baker - 4.35

T-16. Nigel Bradham - 4.37
T-16. James Michael-Johnson - 4.37
T-16. Tahir Whitehead - 4.37

19. Steve Johnson - 4.38

20. Ronnell Lewis - 4.40

21. Terrell Manning - 4.43

Danny Trevathan - DNP
Dont'a Hightower - DNP
Miles Burris - DNP
Najee Goode - DNP
Keenan Robinson - DNP
Courtney Upshaw - DNP
Shawn Loiseau - DNP
Vontaze Burfict - DNP
Travis Lewis - DNP
Emmanuel Acho - DNP
Zach Brown - DNP
Josh Kaddu - DNP

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFL Network Official LB 60-yard shuttle

T-1. Luke Kuechly - 11.43
T-1. Tyler Nielsen - 11.43

3. Tank Carder - 11.53

4. Nathan Stupar - 11.64

5. Demario Davis - 11.65

6. Chris Galippo - 11.78

7. Brandon Marshall - 11.87

8. Steve Johnson - 11.93

9. James Michael-Johnson - 12.06

10. Caleb McSurdy - 12.30

Danny Trevathan - DNP
Dont'a Hightower - DNP
Sean Spence - DNP
Miles Burris - DNP
Najee Goode - DNP
Keenan Robinson - DNP
Shawn Loiseau - DNP
Darius Fleming - DNP
Terrell Manning - DNP
Vontaze Burfict - DNP
Ronnell Lewis - DNP
Travis Lewis - DNP
Nigel Bradham - DNP
Lavonte David - DNP
Mychal Kendricks - DNP
Courtney Upshaw - DNP
Josh Kaddu - DNP
Emmanuel Acho - DNP
Ryan Baker - DNP
Zach Brown - DNP
Audie Cole - DNP
Kyle Wilber - DNP
Tahir Whitehead - DNP

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
DT Poe has turned heads in Indianapolis
February, 27, 2012
Steve Muench

An update on defensive line workouts on Day 6 of the NFL combine. Note that all times are unofficial and subject to change.

Memphis DT Dontari Poe ran a 4.98 40-yard dash at 6-foot-4 and 346 pounds, and he shined during position specific drills. Poe showed exceptional lateral quickness and balance for a player his size during bag work, and given his 44 reps on the 225-pound bench press, he's helped himself as much anyone else with his showing in Indianapolis. Penn State DT Devon Still, on the other hand, did not have a great day. Still looked sluggish changing directions and struggled to bend when asked to slap lower bags while sliding laterally.

Michigan State DT Jerel Worthy took an extra step and lost his rhythm during lateral bag work. He ended up stepping on the bag and falling to the ground. To his credit, he quickly bounced up and finished the drill. More importantly, he showed quick feet and above-average lateral burst before and after the mishap. Worthy has risen into the first-round mix in recent weeks.

USC DE Nick Perry had a strong day. There is some tightness in his hips, and it showed when he was asked to open up in space. But Perry moved well enough to give base 3-4 defenses something to think about as a possible outside linebacker. The 271-pounder is quick and gets to depth, and he showed that he can pluck the ball out of the air. His most natural fit is at defensive end, though. Perry showed above-average lateral mobility and quick hands during bag work.

Boise State DE Shea McClellin also turned in a strong showing. At 6-3 and 260 pounds, McClellin ran the second-fastest 40 time (4.63) of all the defensive linemen, and he showed violent hands during bag work. While he didn't show great foot speed in space and almost lost his balance at one point, he masked it with sound footwork and body control that allow him to recover his balance.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Does Ingram have the length to play DE?
February, 27, 2012
By Steve Muench

Here's a look at how some top defensive linemen have fared early on Day 6 at the NFL combine. Note that all times are unofficial and subject to change.

South Carolina's Melvin Ingram has a short frame (6-foot-1, 264 pounds) and short arms (31½ inches), which raise concerns about his ability to line up at defensive end at the NFL. However, he made the most of his chance to show teams he has the ability to line up at outside linebacker.

Ingram showed above-average foot speed, fluidity and balance for a player with his size, and his violent hands and initial burst stood out during bag drills.

West Virginia's Bruce Irvin ran a 4.43-second 40-yard dash, which is faster than most outside linebackers, let alone defensive ends. That's good for Irvin, who projects as a pass-rushing outside linebacker. He's undersized (6-3, 245) and lacks the power to anchor against the run as an end. He would have been better off working with the linebackers at the combine because he is a developmental prospect, and it showed in his footwork when he dropped.

Syracuse DE Chandler Jones showed above-average balance and flashed a strong punch during bag work. Jones also got adequate depth and did a decent job of coming up with the ball when asked to drop, but he didn't appear comfortable or look fluid in space. He is high-cut, and he had a tough time changing directions quickly.

And although there's a lot to like about the way Jones competed and flew around, he sacrificed body control in an effort to get to points on the field quicker. Penn State's Jack Crawford is another high-cut player who struggled to sink his hips during drills.

Oklahoma State DE Jamie Blatnick isn't as explosive or athletic as some of the other prospects, and his arms are as short as Ingram's, so there are some red flags. On the other hand, Blatnick performed well during the drill. His hands were active and violent during bag work while he did a good job of staying low in his backpedal when asked to drop.

• They work out together, but avoid comparing defensive tackles to defensive ends. Tackles don't have the foot speed or agility to shine in these workouts as ends do. Still, LSU's Michael Brockers and Florida's Jaye Howard both moved well for their size. Regina (Canada) DT Akiem Hicks didn't perform as well as hoped, however. In particular, Hicks had a difficult time sinking his hips and staying low. He also stumbled coming out of his stance in the bend drill.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q: Adam, which players have impressed you the most so far at the combine? I thought WR Tommy Streeter was a big mover and obviously RG3 has raised his stock. Any others?

-- Luke (D.C.)​

A: It's far from over, Luke, but the wide receivers were very impressive: Notre Dame's Michael Floyd, Miami's Travis Benjamin, Georgia Tech's Stephen Hill and Stanford's Chris Owusu. Each one of those players ran faster than scouts were expecting, and each moved up in the draft. Floyd was viewed as an early second-round or possibly late first-round pick. But his time might have assured that he will go in the first round. And each of those players now will go higher. A running back who impressed teams was Virginia Tech's David Wilson. He did great in interviews and on the field. He helped himself, too.

--Adam Schefter​

Q: Were than any players that you've heard scouts were disappointed with? It sounded to me like OL Mike Adams struggled, as did WR Kendall Wright running a slow 40-yard dash.

-- Michael (Georgia)

A: Both of those guys didn't fare as well as they would have liked, Michael, but let's also keep in mind: It's just the combine. There still is a much larger body of work, and that's the way these guys played in college. Put on the game film and scouts can see what they would be getting with Adams and Wright. No, the combine didn't go well the way they expected. But there will be individual pro days for each, and their tape is there. Each player will be fine.

--Adam Schefter​

Bullshit.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Up-and-down LBs at the NFL combine
February, 27, 2012
By Steve Muench

Here are some notes on the linebackers who worked out on Day 6 of the NFL combine.

Nebraska OLB Lavonte David added eight pounds between the Senior Bowl and the combine, and he's up to 233 pounds. David looked no worse for it during position-specific drills, though. He could have shown a little more control, but he looked quick when asked to change directions quickly and was fluid in coverage drills. While he has small hands (10 inches) and dropped a pass, he shows good focus looking the ball in.

Texas OLB Keenan Robinson (6-foot-3, 242 pounds) certainly looks the part, and he flashed on Monday. Robinson is rangy and he shows a strong punch, but he didn't fare as well in cover drills. He is high-cut and has a hard time changing directions quickly, and its takes him more steps to redirect.

USC MLB Chris Galippo didn't do enough to show teams he's more than just a two-down linebacker who will come to the sideline on passing downs. Galippo almost lost his balance when asked to backpedal between bags, and he didn't show great burst out of breaks in coverage.

• A pair of Alabama linebackers didn't look great in space, so they aren't great fits for schemes that ask a lot of their linebackers in space. However, Courtney Upshaw (6-2, 272) and Dont'a Hightower (6-2, 265) are excellent fits for a base 3-4 scheme -- Upshaw at outside linebacker and Hightower at inside linebacker. In addition, Upshaw could even line up at end in a four-man front, so don't expect their average showing in drills to hurt them too much.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

USC MLB Chris Galippo didn't do enough to show teams he's more than just a two-down linebacker who will come to the sideline on passing downs. Galippo almost lost his balance when asked to backpedal between bags, and he didn't show great burst out of breaks in coverage.

:(

I still like him.

...I admit Cover 2 teams who run a 4-3 need not draft him.

UDFA maybe???

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill was being projected as a late first, early second round pick BEFORE the combine. I don't understand how taking him at 30 could be considered reckless; especially since he just validated himself with the fastest 40 time and outstanding size.
If we were talking about taking Hill in the top 10 then I could understand your point.

Streeter is a track guy, word was he was gonna run in 4.3's and he still wasn't being projected to go as high as 30. I don't see why he would now since nothing has changed.

I didn't see a single (legitimate) mock draft that had him in the first round prior to the combine. Feel free to post those projections.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some impressions:

Nick Perry. Wow. 38.5" vertical and a 10'4" broad jump. Explosive. Also ran a mid 4.6. Really impressive. His 3-cone drill was a bit disappointing, however. I had him as my 18th or 19th best prospect in the draft, but he should be moving up after this performance.

Vinny Curry. Wow. Official 40 in the 4.9s? He really doesn't look that slow on tape. Very, very disappointing. He did have one of the top 3-cones though, so that makes me feel a TINY bit better. He'll probably be available somewhere in the 3rd round after the combine, though.

One of the guys that I was really intrigued with in the first round was Fletcher Cox, and he has solified that status, IMO. He's explosive on the field, and in shorts. Measured in nice, and I think he can be a pretty good 5-tech in our scheme. I had him ranked as my #2 3-4 DE after Devon Still.

Tank Carder was a guy I liked coming into the season, but he fell off a bit in terms of performance on the field. I feel like he had a solid combine though and he'll make a 4-3 team pretty happy as a mid-round pick. Staying with the LBs, Luke Kuechly did much, much better than I thought he would. He's an extremely instinctive guy, but clearly he has some talent to back that up with.

Stick a fork in Vontaze Burfict. He's done.