• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Combine Information

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Vinny Curry. Wow. Official 40 in the 4.9s? He really doesn't look that slow on tape. Very, very disappointing. He did have one of the top 3-cones though, so that makes me feel a TINY bit better. He'll probably be available somewhere in the 3rd round after the combine, though..

3rd round??? I'd knock over an old lady to run up to the podium with Curry's name on it. I'm not as big a fan of his as you are, but he's still a good enough pass rusher to more than justify a 3rd round pick.

Conversely I don't like the guy who looked like he had an S on his chest today (Irvin).

I'd take Brockers or Cox over Still.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a mock draft that had us taking him a few days ago. Several articles pre combine mentioned him as a late first early second WR. Thanks for not believing me. Now I gotta scour the Internet forever to find the mock. Probably gonna require a history look on my work laptop tomorrow.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Devon Still and Fletcher Cox are both two of the more underrated prospects in the entire draft.

I'm really cooling off on Brockers, though, and I'm not a big fan of this DL class as a whole.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should've known Bunting was gonna come back and bite me in the ass!

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, you should have believed me asshole. ;) I'm having a hell of a time finding the other one though.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. I still think Hill is a little too raw for my liking to take in the first, though.

---

I'm looking over Mike Martin's numbers and I'm pissed. He's a guy I was banking on us being able to take around the 4th round, but looks like he just pushed himself into the 3rd, MAYBE even the 2nd.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Clyde: Do you think Hill compares favourably to Demaryius Thomas when he came out?

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
True. I still think Hill is a little too raw for my liking to take in the first, though.

---

I'm looking over Mike Martin's numbers and I'm pissed. He's a guy I was banking on us being able to take around the 4th round, but looks like he just pushed himself into the 3rd, MAYBE even the 2nd.

As were DHB, Torrey Smith, and Demaryius Thomas.

None of them knew how to catch a ball nor were they in anyway familiar with running NFL routes. Hence my reasoning why there will be at least 6 WRs taken in the 1st round.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they have two very different styles, even though they're from the same offense. I had Thomas as a 2nd round pick in '10, and I probably have Hill in the same range. Maybe a little higher.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As were DHB, Torrey Smith, and Demaryius Thomas.

None of them knew how to catch a ball nor were they in anyway familiar with running NFL routes.

Torrey Smith went right around where he should have, IMO.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Torrey Smith went right around where he should have, IMO.

what are your expectations of a late 1st round WR? if you're just getting a burner to stretch the field that has decent height, then Wow is this the draft for you.

But since WRs come in all shapes and sizes with many varying skill sets this might be a difficult question to answer

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

---

Brings back memories of the Raw vs Polished debates from Disney.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mychal Kendricks really, really helped himself today. He had the fastest 40 for an ILB in years (4.47), the fastest Vertical (39.5), and the fastest broad jump (10 foot 7 inches). He was looking at getting drafted between 2-3, but he may move way up after today.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what are your expectations of a late 1st round WR? if you're just getting a burner to stretch the field that has decent height, then Wow is this the draft for you.

But since WRs come in all shapes and sizes with many varying skill sets this might be a difficult question to answer

Guys like Kenny Britt and Hakeem Nicks were drafted late in the first round, so I don't think we need to curb our expectations just because we're drafting late. I think both Britt and Nicks were better prospects than Hill.

And also I don't think the difference between a WR we'd get at 30 is that vast between a WR we can get in the 2nd or 3rd, even though I'm not the biggest fan of the this WR class. Granted Hill's potential is through the roof.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Brings back memories of the Raw vs Polished debates from Disney.

We likes it raw and wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwriggling
smeagolraw.jpg

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
DBs now running their 40s. Keep checking back as I get them posted if you can't watch.

Last edited by a moderator: