• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Bucket Draft Semi-Final 2 : Milk vs Nos

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly dont believe this has anything to do with defending each other. We both have not only stats to help us determine who was better but we actually seen the players play, you on the other hand said you dont trust our memory but somehow make it seem we should just say oh everything we know is wrong and your opinions are right. Doesnt that sound stupid?

Never said that. I don't get why you are interpreting it that way. What I said is I don't trust anyone eye test- not just yours- because people tend to romanticize about the past. And they tend to only remember the good and bad and only when they think it matters.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll stand up for Milk here a little. He didn't mean that he doesn't trust Nos or UK's memory. He meant that all human brains are flawed with biases. If you read psychology stuff that would prove to be true. That's why I hate media narrative BS.

Thanks buddy!!! Honestly I am not good with words- what I get for being a math major in college. I don't even think I wrote 10 papers in my whole college career

I know it is hard but sometimes try to understand what I am trying to say over what I am saying. Because in my mind that is what I am saying.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll stand up for Milk here a little. He didn't mean that he doesn't trust Nos or UK's memory. He meant that all human brains are flawed with biases. If you read psychology stuff that would prove to be true. That's why I hate media narrative BS.
I get that 400...I mean Lion 500...crap, whats your name? What's my name?:wash:

I do get what Milk is saying...but he said Fred Taylor has better than Earl Campbell and it wasn't even close. That's the only thing I'm arguing(along with Allen being better), not whether or not his way of voting is better or worse than anyone else's. He told me and Nos he didn't trust our memory, I don't have to trust his AV lol

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While that might be true what reason would I have to be bias to say Earl is better than Marcus? I grew up a fan of the Raiders, didnt like the Oilers until Moon got there.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks buddy!!! Honestly I am not good with words- what I get for being a math major in college. I don't even think I wrote 10 papers in my whole college career

I know it is hard but sometimes try to understand what I am trying to say over what I am saying. Because in my mind that is what I am saying.
You have as much knowledge as anyone here, I've said it before and will again. Now, can we move on to hoops Commander Data?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And nos,

I do get what Milk is saying...but he said Fred Taylor has better than Earl Campbell and it wasn't even close. That's the only thing I'm arguing(along with Allen being better), not whether or not his way of voting is better or worse than anyone else's. He told me and Nos he didn't trust our memory, I don't have to trust his AV lol

Never said Taylor was better, I said that the av analysis shows it. And when did I say it wasn't close??

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whatever my name is thank the lord it isn't associated with the Lions.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While that might be true what reason would I have to be bias to say Earl is better than Marcus? I grew up a fan of the Raiders, didnt like the Oilers until Moon got there.

Maybe you remember his mediocre days, maybe not. I don't know. But if I don't trust the eye test, why should I trust yours???

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said that. I don't get why you are interpreting it that way. What I said is I don't trust anyone eye test- not just yours- because people tend to romanticize about the past. And they tend to only remember the good and bad and only when they think it matters.

Romanticize the past? We arent comparing Earl Campbell to Adrian Peterson? Both players played in the past, dont get your point here.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you remember his mediocre days, maybe not. I don't know. But if I don't trust the eye test, why should I trust yours???

Don't! Im not trying to change your opinions just telling you what I have seen and learned over the course of my sports loving life.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You glossed over the second half, that more focused on this example.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have as much knowledge as anyone here, I've said it before and will again. Now, can we move on to hoops Commander Data?

Nice Star Trek reference! NERD!

We cant move on 2 people have yet to vote!!!

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take FWIW: I'm a big advanced stats guy in baseball because there are so many variables and luck involved. Different ballparks, different eras whether a ball was hit hard and got caught or whether a swinging bunt was a hit. Also something like batting average is outdated because it counts a single the same as a homer, double or triple. Something like wRC+ is a great stat to compare baseball players across eras because it adjust to the league average at the time. Football doesn't really work the same. It's more of a scouting game. You have to have guys who fit well together in a system. There is a lot less luck and randomness in football. You have to look at matchups. Advanced stats don't really work there.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at my analysis, Fred taylor is actually better than Campbell.. What I didn't like about nos' running backs is that he had two power backs, no change of pace. And neither were very scary at receiving...
Bump for Milky....maybe Nos and I aren't the only ones with Alzheimer's....

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't! Im not trying to change your opinions just telling you what I have seen and learned over the course of my sports loving life.

But again, you know I don't like it trust the eye test. To tell me I am wrong because of your eye test is telling me that i can never correctly analyze a player I have never seen and by that my opinion about past players are not valid.

It's like me proving you wrong in baseball using WAR. If I said no you are wrong because player b has a higher war, what would you tell me??

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump for Milky....maybe Nos and I aren't the only ones with Alzheimer's....

Read that post again. Did I ever say I think Taylor is better?? No!! I said in the analysis Taylor is better.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But again, you know I don't like it trust the eye test. To tell me I am wrong because of your eye test is telling me that i can never correctly analyze a player I have never seen and by that my opinion about past players are not valid.

It's like me proving you wrong in baseball using WAR. If I said no you are wrong because player b has a higher war, what would you tell me??

Let me just say this as ive grown tired of this conversation and would like to move on to bball.

I will trust my eyes over your AV 100 times out 100.

Last edited: