• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Bucket Draft Championship : UK vs Nos

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK

OFFENSE
QB - Warren Moon - 4
RB - Eric Dickerson - 3
FB - Mike Alstott - 7
WR - Randy Moss - 6
WR - Calvin Johnson - 5
WR - Dez Bryant - 2
TE - Wesley Walls - 8
LT - Jonathan Ogden - 5
LG - Mike Munchak - 4
C - Ryan Kalil - 8
RG - David DeCastro - 1
RT - Willie Anderson - 7

DEFENSE
LDE - Deacon Jones - 1
LDT - Marcus Stroud - 8
RDT - Bob Lilly - 2
RDE - Jason Taylor - 4
LLB - Cornelius Bennett - 3
MLB - Mike Singletary - 2
RLB - Ted Hendricks - 3
LCB - Darrelle Revis - 6
RCB - Mel Renfro - 2
NCB - Roger Wehrli - 5
SS - Kam Chancellor - 7
FS - Ed Reed - 5

VS

NOS

OFFENSE
QB - Dan Marino - 4
RB - Earl Campbell - 4
RB - Fred Taylor - 8
WR - Terrell Owens - 1
WR - Marvin Harrison - 3
WR - Isaac Bruce - 1
TE - Tony Gonzalez - 7
LT - Richmond Webb - 4
LG - Randall McDaniel - 2
C - Dermontti Dawson - 1
RG - Larry Allen - 2
RT - Jordan Gross - 8

DEFENSE
LDE - Howie Long - 2
LDT - Merlin Olsen - 1
RDT - Cortez Kennedy - 7
RDE - Lee Roy Selmon - 7
LLB - Kevin Hardy - 8
MLB - Willie Lanier - 6
RLB - Wilber Marshall - 3
LCB - Champ Bailey - 5
RCB - Aeneas Williams - 5
NCB - Sam Madison - 4
SS - Joey Browner - 2
FS - Deron Cherry - 6

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK - 4
Nos - 6

Voted - UK, Nos, Ritz, Jeffro, Mebert, Smitty, Hockey, 500, Milk, WLK

Last edited:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta be honest this one is gonna take me a bit...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be a fun matchup to watch. The key for both sides, IMO, would be pass rush and coverage scheme

For my O against Nos D...I think his best cover guy is Champ, but great as he is, I think he would need Safety help over the top vs Moss. That leaves the other side of the field. Could Williams and Madison cover Dez and Megatron all over the field with no help? I think they'd likely match up in man, with a safety over the top, meaning basically a 2 deep look. That leaves 6 in the box. One is blocked by Alstott, man on man the other 5, no extra defender for Dickerson. I also think Moon could do bootlegs for yardage. So I think I could score

On the other side, it's the same thing. While I believe I could more easily match Renfro and Revis in man, Nos has an excellent TE plus a receiving threat out of the backfield, though Campbell would have to come off the field to get them both in. Either way, I'd have to play safeties back, and open run lanes. Nos scored alot too

If I have an advantage, it's Deacon and Taylor getting pressure. While Marino's quick release would prevent sacks, the quick pressure would force him to get the ball out quicker, which would shorten the field for me. He'd also be no threat to run

Last Mock, Nos and I voted for each other, and I strongly considered it here. I think I might squeeze it out, but no problem with anyone seeing it different

I got me winning 38-35. Nothing else to add except good luck to Nos

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These offenses are both so good it's scary. The only real advantages are I personally think Ogden is the best LT of all time and that includes Munoz. Tony Gonzalez is miles ahead of Walls. I think Marino is the better QB but Moon is great for Moss.

I think everyone knows how much I love ED but I didnt care for the Alstott pick. If both are in the game that means Bryant is not which makes him much easier to defend.

I think both secondaries have issues with these receivers the wild card is Gonzalez.

I believe my secondary is much better, his linebackers are slightly better and the defensive lines are both real good. I believe if we count 4 mine are better as Stroud is easily 8th in this group but both groups are great.

I think Gonzalez really makes a huge difference in this one.

I also believe I would be able to run up the middle effectively with McDaniel, Dawson and Allen clearing out the middle with relative ease.

I think this comes down to QB play and secondary and I believe I am slightly better in both spots I lean me in a game that could go either way.

Good luck buddy

Nos 37
UK 35

Last edited:

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK 34
Nos 34

Tie

J/k I have UK winning in a very very close game. Wow this game would be good.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, this comes down to front 7. I feel that Alstott leading the way for Dickerson would put up a lot of yards on Nos's front 7.

UK

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way to beat UK's offense is with Pass rush, Nos has some great ones in Merlin Olsen and Howie Long. With the kind of Pressure he could generate I think you could trust Bailey 1 on 1 with Moss. The part that gets glossed over because of UK's passing game is that he also has Dickerson, who I think would do some damage in this game.

On the other side Nos does not have the same deep threat as UK, although Owens is a nice option, I would trust Revis going solo on him. as far as run game goes, I think Nos's interior oline would Own this matchup(and any matchup really) and Earl Campbell might be the MVP of the game. Add into it, Marino's quick release and the greatest TE to play the game as a safety valve, I think Nos wins a close one.

Nos, by a FG or less

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, this comes down to front 7. I feel that Alstott leading the way for Dickerson would put up a lot of yards on Nos's front 7.

UK

LOL

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I'm thinking on this one lol

I do have issue with Nos calling Marino and Warren Moon close but Marino and Brady "not even close".

So as a tiebreaker I might just tell Nos to go play in traffic.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I'm thinking on this one lol

I do have issue with Nos calling Marino and Warren Moon close but Marino and Brady "not even close".

So as a tiebreaker I might just tell Nos to go play in traffic.

I said close because Moon is the perfect QB for Moss. I also rip on Brady just to mess with you... I also dont care if you vote for me.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way to beat UK's offense is with Pass rush, Nos has some great ones in Merlin Olsen and Howie Long. With the kind of Pressure he could generate I think you could trust Bailey 1 on 1 with Moss. The part that gets glossed over because of UK's passing game is that he also has Dickerson, who I think would do some damage in this game.

On the other side Nos does not have the same deep threat as UK, although Owens is a nice option, I would trust Revis going solo on him. as far as run game goes, I think Nos's interior oline would Own this matchup(and any matchup really) and Earl Campbell might be the MVP of the game. Add into it, Marino's quick release and the greatest TE to play the game as a safety valve, I think Nos wins a close one.

Nos, by a FG or less
My feelings are pretty similar. I like UKs skill guys a lot. But I love Nos' defensive front.

By the closest of margins, I go Nos' here. Tony Gonzalez is a great X factor.

Especially with Marino doing the passing.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocker we are tied with these 2.

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said close because Moon is the perfect QB for Moss. I also rip on Brady just to mess with you... I also dont care if you vote for me.

Hockey carries Tom Brady's Uggs :suds:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Uk has my Boy Randy!!

Im gonna slightly lean Nos though. I think Marino and Gonzalez can be deadly and I just give him a edge defensively up front and in the secondary that I think eventually makes a winning play.

Still, I hope he goes to play in traffic though.

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda been staring at it for a few minutes. I came into it thinking UK had the best team, but after looking more closely his offensive line does scare me. I think Kennedy and Olsen would have their way inside and if Nos puts Deacon over Willie Anderson look out. Will UK have time to hit the deep balls that his pass game is based off? The linebackers are the weakness of Nos' team but in a 4-3 that is not that important. Slight lean Nos here. Great job gentlemen.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These offenses are both so good it's scary. The only real advantages are I personally think Ogden is the best LT of all time and that includes Munoz. Tony Gonzalez is miles ahead of Walls. I think Marino is the better QB but Moon is great for Moss.

I think everyone knows how much I love ED but I didnt care for the Alstott pick. If both are in the game that means Bryant is not which makes him much easier to defend.

I think both secondaries have issues with these receivers the wild card is Gonzalez.

I believe my secondary is much better, his linebackers are slightly better and the defensive lines are both real good. I believe if we count 4 mine are better as Stroud is easily 8th in this group but both groups are great.

I think Gonzalez really makes a huge difference in this one.

I also believe I would be able to run up the middle effectively with McDaniel, Dawson and Allen clearing out the middle with relative ease.

I think this comes down to QB play and secondary and I believe I am slightly better in both spots I lean me in a game that could go either way.

Good luck buddy

Nos 37
UK 35
Kinda been staring at it for a few minutes. I came into it thinking UK had the best team, but after looking more closely his offensive line does scare me. I think Kennedy and Olsen would have their way inside and if Nos puts Deacon over Willie Anderson look out. Will UK have time to hit the deep balls that his pass game is based off? The linebackers are the weakness of Nos' team but in a 4-3 that is not that important. Slight lean Nos here. Great job gentlemen.
Nos can't put Deacon over Willie Anderson unless I trade him to him :pound:

That's 5 for Nos, best I could do is a tie, and I don't want Milks vote today lol. Actually, not interested in a tiebreaker. Great Job Nos, great team as usual, as with everyone

On to Hoops:suds: