• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL All-Time rbs

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we had two on the d-line,so its not too absurd to say we were not getting two of them.....
Singletary has always been a highly regarded mlb of all-time.......Maybe he just missed out.....
And Id definetley take him over Seau.....

And who the hell is Joe Schmidt.......?

And as far as Ray Lewis goes......fuck that murdering thug.sob should be in prison......

There's only one MLB spot on the field, though. It's different. Not saying Singletary isn't an all-time great but I don't know if he's top 3 and it's kind of like the QB of defense. Hard to get two; is all I am saying.

And yeah... I can't stand Ray Lewis and the way that whole case was handled. Him agreeing to plead guilty and getting off on a technicality because his co-defendants bailed on testifying (or whatever the fuck it was). It was and still is a joke. But purely football? He's as good as any LB. Ever.

FWIW - All that "Look at how much I love god" and "holier than thou" shit from him should be in a psychology textbook under "overcompensating due to guilt". It's so obvious what all of that bull shit comes from.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's only one MLB spot on the field, though. It's different. Not saying Singletary isn't an all-time great but I don't know if he's top 3 and it's kind of like the QB of defense. Hard to get two; is all I am saying.

And yeah... I can't stand Ray Lewis and the way that whole case was handled. Him agreeing to plead guilty and getting off on a technicality because his co-defendants bailed on testifying (or whatever the fuck it was). It was and still is a joke. But purely football? He's as good as any LB. Ever.

FWIW - All that "Look at how much I love god" and "holier than thou" shit from him should be in a psychology textbook under "overcompensating due to guilt". It's so obvious what all of that bull shit comes from.

Totally agree with the Singletary situation.......Thats a 100 yrs of players to be able to play that one position and make the best of the best ever...........

Another player comes to mind that never made it was Ray Nitschke...........hes from the same mold as Butkus........One mean mother------- that had some great tackling skills..........

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions 53-65 when they were actually good.
8 time all pro & 10 time pro bowler.

He was an ok coach for several years after that.. > .500 anyway, which is more than I can say for most of their coaches.

You guys have had some great players over time...........It will be a sham if Night Train does not get in.......

Hes another one thats always brought up when talking def backs...........And thanks for the tidbit on Schmidt................

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard for people to stay on track. The thread is about running backs and not linebackers or anyone else. Some folks in here never saw Walter Payton or Gale Syers play. Many never saw O.J. Simpson, Bo Jackson or Earl Campbell play either. O.J.'s legacy was ruined by the murder of his ex-wife while others that did equally bad things that were totally overlooked because the press never got as involved. 99% of us never saw Doak Walker play because there was no television.

Sadly, today's media creates all of the heroes long before they deserve the accolades. There are some excellent players on the field today, but they can't be considered GOATs until they've played for more than at least five full seasons and played at a level better than average for two years..

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard for people to stay on track. The thread is about running backs and not linebackers or anyone else. Some folks in here never saw Walter Payton or Gale Syers play. Many never saw O.J. Simpson, Bo Jackson or Earl Campbell play either. O.J.'s legacy was ruined by the murder of his ex-wife while others that did equally bad things that were totally overlooked because the press never got as involved. 99% of us never saw Doak Walker play because there was no television.

Sadly, today's media creates all of the heroes long before they deserve the accolades. There are some excellent players on the field today, but they can't be considered GOATs until they've played for more than at least five full seasons and played at a level better than average for two years..

Well when there career is over,maybe they will get their due.....till then,eh.....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Today's RBs play against defense built to stop the pass. Walter and Berry and the likes ran against defenses set up to stop them. It's hard to judge players from different era's. There are very fine RBs today too but they have it a lot easier.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have had some great players over time...........It will be a sham if Night Train does not get in.......

Hes another one thats always brought up when talking def backs...........And thanks for the tidbit on Schmidt................

Schmidt was the coach when I moved to Michigan. His playing career was mostly before my time. He was a decent coach but he got fed up with the abysmal Lions ownership & management and resigned after the 72 season. I think Lane made the 75th year team. I think he should make this one as welll.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What the fuck are you talking about? This is literally just the ramblings of an insane person.

#1 - The thread started due to the RB's but it evolved into a conversation about the all-time team, in general. Who the hell are you? Why are you telling us to keep talking about RB's when that was just one of 22 positions on the all-time 100 year anniversary team? lol

#2 - I don't know what other RB was convicted of murder or did something to the equivalent of that. I also don't know who even brought up OJ's murder. So, again... you're rambling like an insane person.

#3 -

Sadly, today's media creates all of the heroes long before they deserve the accolades. There are some excellent players on the field today, but they can't be considered GOATs until they've played for more than at least five full seasons and played at a level better than average for two years

Oh my god. This is literally psycho babble. Who in here said these things?

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck are you talking about? This is literally just the ramblings of an insane person.

#1 - The thread started due to the RB's but it evolved into a conversation about the all-time team, in general. Who the hell are you? Why are you telling us to keep talking about RB's when that was just one of 22 positions on the all-time 100 year anniversary team? lol

#2 - I don't know what other RB was convicted of murder or did something to the equivalent of that. I also don't know who even brought up OJ's murder. So, again... you're rambling like an insane person.

#3 -

Sadly, today's media creates all of the heroes long before they deserve the accolades. There are some excellent players on the field today, but they can't be considered GOATs until they've played for more than at least five full seasons and played at a level better than average for two years

Oh my god. This is literally psycho babble. Who in here said these things?

I would normally be surprised that BigKen's post actually fezzed somebody up...but then...

SUDDENLY RICHI!!! IS STANDING BESIDE YOU!!!

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FTR, this list is bullsh*t because no Ultraback.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devin Hester added to the list as probably the greatest k/p returner of all-time...........And well he should.:clap:

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eww.

This old "hot take" opinion? On a Bears board?

Take that shit to the "I REALLY want to have a contrarian opinion" forum.

Even on a per game basis. Sayers doesn't come close to measuring up to Walter.
I watched them both play. I would start Sayers ahead of Walter on my all Bear RB Team.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should be a first ballot HOFer, IMO.

With what he did and the rule changes,it will never ever be replicated.......

Ive seen Billy Whiteshoes and Roy Green and they cant compare......

And I do think he will maje thr Hall, just not sure itll be on his first try......

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With what he did and the rule changes,it will never ever be replicated.......

Ive seen Billy Whiteshoes and Roy Green and they cant compare......

And I do think he will maje thr Hall, just not sure itll be on his first try......

The whole "special teams" nonsense with the HOF pisses me off.

There is an incredibly strong argument to be made, that Hester is the most deserving player in my lifetime. Nobody in my days of watching football was more dangerous. Nobody.

In my lifetime, I can't think of another player that deserves first ballot more than Hessy.

Generally, HOF status is dependent on the idea, that you were the best or near the best at your position while you played. Hester is the best at his position EVER. Across all eras. The unquestioned GOAT.

It will be criminal if he's not a first-balloter.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big congrats to Mike Ditka 1 of 5 players for making the list of best tight ends ever.....As a rookie Iron Mike had 56 catches for 1076 yds to lead the team in rec......And thats in a 14 game schedule .........Damn thats good for back in the day.......:clap:
Never seen him play, but I loved him as our HC.....

George Halas makes the list for one of the best head coaches ever......:clap:
Remember him,but of corse not as a player or a coach......lol

And congrats to Dan Fortmann making it as o-linemman.....I would never of thought our team had a lineman that would of made this team.......