• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL adds game-day drug testing

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL adds game-day testing

I'm really glad that the NFL got this done. I remember reading about the deer antler story a year ago, where NFL players brazenly stated that they used the stuff because it wouldn't show up unless the league did blood-testing and tested at the right time. (Game-Day)

Deer antler Spray

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got my fingers crossed that none of our players get popped.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can see it now; game day, Cincinnati, the Bengals text Goodell to ask if they can play with 9 guys!

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see it now; game day, Cincinnati, the Bengals text Goodell to ask if they can play with 9 guys!

Ha ha, I think the Bengals are safe. The first sentence said something about how the game-day testing is for performance enhancing products, not recreational drugs.

Last edited by a moderator:

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ha ha, I think the Bengals are safe. The first sentence said something about how the game-day testing is for performance enhancing products, not recreational drugs.

Ahhh, okay, that text will come later in the season then.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The problem is that as these things get more advanced, the line between legal physical therapy and performance-enhancing drugs gets more and more blurry.

Read a fascinating article last week on cnnsi.com, written by former pitcher C.J. Nitkowski (I think) talking about the new stem cell therapy some athletes are using to rebuild joints. They take your blood and spin it super fast until you have the various components sorted......and what you end up with is basically the natural, bodily-produced form of HGH. Then you re-inject it into the shoulder and it starts repairing. Hardly any different than HGH, other than its naturally produced vs. made in a lab. This stuff is going to get very complicated over the coming years.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Technology - it is one of the reasons I would love to live forever, just so I can see where it will all lead.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The problem is that as these things get more advanced, the line between legal physical therapy and performance-enhancing drugs gets more and more blurry.

Read a fascinating article last week on cnnsi.com, written by former pitcher C.J. Nitkowski (I think) talking about the new stem cell therapy some athletes are using to rebuild joints. They take your blood and spin it super fast until you have the various components sorted......and what you end up with is basically the natural, bodily-produced form of HGH. Then you re-inject it into the shoulder and it starts repairing. Hardly any different than HGH, other than its naturally produced vs. made in a lab. This stuff is going to get very complicated over the coming years.

This is similar to how cyclists were taking blood out at higher altitudes and putting it back into their body at lower altitude phases. Very difficult to regulate that and there was apparently a clear performance boost. Only this is a lot more advanced.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is similar to how cyclists were taking blood out at higher altitudes and putting it back into their body at lower altitude phases. Very difficult to regulate that and there was apparently a clear performance boost. Only this is a lot more advanced.

I don't follow cycling, and never heard of this. Sounds interesting. Do you know any articles I could up on it a bit?

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's essentially blood doping - you have blood removed, refrigerated, stored, then have the athlete train and get his own blood back - since it's his own blood (autologous), there will be no adverse reaction to it so it's essentially getting a boost, and an illegal one at that.

I have to research the HGH method because in all honesty I've never heard of it.