• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFCCG - Niners at Rams

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers do need to play mistake-free football on offense, I agree but you can play all the mistake-free football you want against the Rams but if they don’t pressure the passer and make him make mistakes they cannot win. It’s all going to be about that D Line and can they put Stafford off his game

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That was the big key for the 31-10 win over the Rams this season--we had no turnovers. Sure, we had 2 Ward INTs, 1 was a pick 6. six, but we'd have won that game without them.

We're gonna be able to run the ball against them b/c we've been able to for years now. When the run keeps working, that opens up the playaction passing game where Jimmy excels. So, if we have zero turnovers, I'm rather confident that we beat the Rams and go to the SB. However, if Bad Jimmy shows up, this will be another close one.

Right now, it looks like we're the team that keeps finding a way to win the close ones. We're due for a real, solid win.
Yes, i would think we'll see the play action and JG needs to execute. Kittle should have a more action than of late.

If bad Jimmy shows up, i think we lose and could lose badly.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No. I was just trying to show Deep Niner the fallacy of his argument. Why say Garoppolo started slow when the defense did the same thing but that gets conveniently ignored?
I know exactly what he meant but his tunnel vision blinds him
Tunnel vision?!

Everyone is America knows we got here with defense and being bully's. Every sports show and Youtube talks about the how the defense kept us in games. Everyone also says they're leary of 'bad Jimmy' and they EXPECT he'll throw at least one pick. Everyone says they hesitate to pick the 49ers because of JG.

Again, when people across America (not just 49er fans) think about the 49ers, the first thing that comes to mind is defense. The second thing is how did the 49ers get this far despite having the worse QB in the play-offs?

Everyone is America knows this..........except Montalan.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That is what I have been saying all along. Garoppolo is the difference. He is more talented and is not a hindrance to winning but an asset. He does have a penchant for the big mistake but he also, judging by his record, has a penchant for overcoming those mistakes
JG plays a part on this team and is an asset, but this is the same for Rodgers, Stafford, Brady, Burrow, etc. In the NFL, the QB position is key and is supposed to carry a large part of the offense. JG's part of the 49ers offense isn't large, he contributes to it but isn't large. Got it?

I won't get into the 'bad Jimmy' discussion, everyone already knows this narrative except you.

Another way to look at is this..............imagine what this team would be like with Rodgers or Brady or Stafford, etc. We wouldn't be winning by a field goal on the last drive, nor we wouldn't need to go into OT. So these QB's would have a larger part of our wins, larger than JG.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tunnel vision?!

Everyone is America knows we got here with defense and being bully's. Every sports show and Youtube talks about the how the defense kept us in games. Everyone also says they're leary of 'bad Jimmy' and they EXPECT he'll throw at least one pick. Everyone says they hesitate to pick the 49ers because of JG.

Again, when people across America (not just 49er fans) think about the 49ers, the first thing that comes to mind is defense. The second thing is how did the 49ers get this far despite having the worse QB in the play-offs?

Everyone is America knows this..........except Montalan.
Not Jeff Garcia. He told Mina Kimes to shut the fuck up. Ha ha. I hope it doesn't come down to one, but if it does come down to a final drive to win the game, I bet Garoppolo gets it done.
But, yeah, no argument here that Garoppolo has not been the driving factor in the two playoff games. He hasn't.

Last edited:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JG plays a part on this team and is an asset, but this is the same for Rodgers, Stafford, Brady, Burrow, etc. In the NFL, the QB position is key and is supposed to carry a large part of the offense. JG's part of the 49ers offense isn't large, he contributes to it but isn't large. Got it?

I won't get into the 'bad Jimmy' discussion, everyone already knows this narrative except you.

Another way to look at is this..............imagine what this team would be like with Rodgers or Brady or Stafford, etc. We wouldn't be winning by a field goal on the last drive, nor we wouldn't need to go into OT. So these QB's would have a larger part of our wins, larger than JG.
Ask yourself this; Did Stafford lose the game for his team against the 49ers? Did Prescott lose the game for his against the 49ers? and did Rodgers lose the game against the 49ers? The answer is yes to all three. They all were the reason their team lost, but not Garoppolo. That is simply a fact.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Rams

Doubtful
  • T Joseph Noteboom (chest)
  • WR Van Jefferson (knee)
  • S Taylor Rapp (concussion)

Would be nice if Van Jefferson can't play, :-) I think he can be dangerous with the focus (ie double teams) on Kupp and OBJ, we don't need him. :-)

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if a team that finished third in its division has ever won the Super Bowl.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers DBs are going to have their hands full with Kupp and Beckham so they will need a big effort from the D line to put big pressure on Stafford and at least get him off his spot. They must shut down Higbee as well

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will win this game. The Rams will blow it again like they always do. The Super Bowl against KC will probably be a different story but they’ll win this game
The way the chiefs have escaped in many wins this year doesn’t concern me as much as past. I think the Chiefs are very beatable. Niners shut him down in the last super bowl until we went stupid with half the 4th quarter to go.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way the chiefs have escaped in many wins this year doesn’t concern me as much as past. I think the Chiefs are very beatable. Niners shut him down in the last super bowl until we went stupid with half the 4th quarter to go.
Yep. I still hold a grudge against Shanahan for that. But Shanahan always chokes in the biggest game which is why I believe he will do the same against the Chiefs again. Good defense will not stop the Chiefs; you have to out-score them and I don't think Shanahan has figured that out.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Trent Williams is out again. Geez, this guy cannot be counted on; he's made of glass.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Trent Williams is out again. Geez, this guy cannot be counted on; he's made of glass.
You're thinking of someone else.

Trent Williams only missed 2 starts last year and only 2 this year. If he doesn't play against the Rams tomorrow, that's still only 3 missed starts out of the 9ers' 20 games this season. By that standard, George Kittle can't be counted on either.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're thinking of someone else.

Trent Williams only missed 2 starts last year and only 2 this year. If he doesn't play against the Rams tomorrow, that's still only 3 missed starts out of the 9ers' 20 games this season. By that standard, George Kittle can't be counted on either.
Hmmm It seems like he's always hurt

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

1. QB Jimmy Garoppolo

Quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo keeps the 49ers composed during the most pressure-packed of situations. His many intangibles this season have contributed greatly to the team’s ability to battle through this season and end up in the NFC Championship Game.

But on Sunday, they might need more from him.

Or, put another way, they will likely need less — as in, fewer mistakes.

In four games since sustaining a torn ligament in his right thumb, Garoppolo has thrown six interceptions with a handful of other near-misses. The 49ers simply cannot continue to overcome those mistakes. He has not thrown a touchdown pass in the postseason.

Nothing new because at this point in the post season, the QB's HAVE to come thru. But while other teams know their QB can take over the game, the 49ers are just hoping JG doesn't screw it up?!

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. QB Jimmy Garoppolo

Quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo keeps the 49ers composed during the most pressure-packed of situations. His many intangibles this season have contributed greatly to the team’s ability to battle through this season and end up in the NFC Championship Game.

But on Sunday, they might need more from him.

Or, put another way, they will likely need less — as in, fewer mistakes.

In four games since sustaining a torn ligament in his right thumb, Garoppolo has thrown six interceptions with a handful of other near-misses. The 49ers simply cannot continue to overcome those mistakes. He has not thrown a touchdown pass in the postseason.

Nothing new because at this point in the post season, the QB's HAVE to come thru. But while other teams know their QB can take over the game, the 49ers are just hoping JG doesn't screw it up?!
Once again, with their poor play, Rodgers lost the game for his team, Stafford lost the game for his team and Prescott lost the game for his team when each lost to the 49ers, but not Garoppolo.