• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC West

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And I guess their very young 2012 defense will remain stagnant. Their young defensive unit will not improve but our young offensive unit will improve. I got it!

you missed the point which is the last sentence. if you're always scared of other teams passing offense, no problem here. so now you're scared of the Rams defense?

if you really believe the Rams (this year) will stop the 49ers offense, you must be in the minority? this isn't to say they're not tough or we'll win for sure, but don't see them stopping our offense.

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
you missed the point which is the last sentence. if you're always scared of other teams passing offense, no problem here. so now you're scared of the Rams defense?

if you really believe the Rams (this year) will stop the 49ers offense, you must be in the minority? this isn't to say they're not tough or we'll win for sure, but don't see them stopping our offense.

No you're missing the point. No one mentioned anything about fearing anyone but you. You make up a phantom stance for someone based on nothing. We're talking about one's defense then you mention our offense as if I was undervaluing our offense by showing respect to their defense. A perfect anology to this would be, "Steve Young sucks as a QB during the '88 and '89 seasons because he was a backup QB to Joe Montana". We have one if not the most explosive offense of all football - arguably when healthy. Would it mean anything to a team (in terms of their D not being good) that plays us if we put up 30 points on them?! You keep making sh8 up without looking at the entire picture here.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sam Bradford - QB - Rams

The Rams "clearly" intend to be more "high octane" on offense in 2013.

This season is being classified as Sam Bradford's "make or break" year, and the Rams have surrounded him with legitimate, young weapons. As our own Evan Silva noted in his "Jared Cook: Seam Stretcher" piece earlier this month, we expect OC Brian Schottenheimer to make the four-wide package his base offensive look with Cook and first-rounder Tavon Austin manning the slots and second-year receivers Brian Quick and Chris Givens on the outside. Bradford has yet to throw for 4,000 yards in a season, but this is the year he could do it.
Source: stlouisrams.com

May 26 - 12:12 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jared Cook - TE - Rams

New Rams TE Jared Cook says the Titans offense "really didn't suit me."

Cook is stating the obvious. "It didn’t fit me," Cook said. "That’s just how it is. Every team a player goes to, the fit is not perfect. Some guys have to move around to two or three teams before they find the perfect fit." Cook also implied Sam Bradford is the best quarterback he's ever played with. "I’ve always kind of had to use my catch radius and make kind of circus catches. Not so much here. (Bradford) puts it right on the money, and he makes good reads." We love Cook's potential on a team clearly interested in making him a focal point.
Source: St Louis Post-Dispatch

Jun 10 - 9:43 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brian Quick 'putting on show' at Rams OTAs

According to Tony Softli of 101 ESPN St. Louis, Brian Quick has been "putting on a show" at OTAs.

In Friday's session alone, Quick caught "17 to 18 passes all over the field." Softli mentioned that the second-year receiver was reeling in passes in the "red zone, middle of the field, on crossing routes, and deep down outside." Quick recently admitted that he struggled with the playbook as a rookie. That, coupled with the immense jump from Appalachian State to the NFL, contributed to his minuscule 2012 stat line. We have Quick as our No. 56 receiver at the moment, but he has a boat load of upside in what should be a high-octane St. Louis attack.
Source: 101 ESPN St. Louis

Jun 8 - 4:00 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Percy Harvin - WR - Seahawks

Percy Harvin has practiced both in the slot and outside during Seahawks OTAs.

Harvin's primary position will be inside, but the Seahawks are looking for any way to get the ball in his hands. He's also taken handoffs and received returns. "We hope to see him catch the ball on the move, so he can use his stuff," coach Pete Carroll said. "It's not going to change our football team in terms of what we want to do, we're just going to add him in and cut him loose, let him go."
Source: USA Today

Jun 11 - 8:27 AM

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Arizona Cardinals WR Michael Floyd appears to be an important piece to new head coach Bruce Arians as the team heads into the 2013 season. He seems to have been targeted more than any other player during workouts. WR Larry Fitzgerald took Floyd under his wing last year and has helped the second-year receiver to improve his diet, among other things. Arians said, "I see him making leaps and bounds getting better. ... He's totally bought in and if he just continues to improve his fundamentals he's another guy who can have a breakout year."

Cardinals | Michael Floyd poised for breakout - NFL Hot off the Wire

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The title I thought was funny: Kitchens: 'I wouldn't be alive without them'

Food: Would Be Starving Without
Heaters: Would Be Freezing in the Winter

Etc., Etc.

Some of the comments to the article are funny too, like "That sounds like something my girlfriend would write" or "I'd eat out a lot more if there weren't kitchens."

I had a classmate by the name of Anita Kitchens, people overused the I Need a Kitchen joke, but it was right there. Nothing beats my teacher Mr. Fagg who named his daughter Gaylene, gay for short.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And I guess their very young 2012 defense will remain stagnant. Their young defensive unit will not improve but our young offensive unit will improve. I got it!

I realize this conversation happened awhile ago, but wanted to chime in. Sure, their D should be better, but you can't compare the development with a collection of young players on D to the development of a young QB on offense. One player improving at the QB position can improve a team by leaps and bounds. That's not to say our offense WILL improve more than their defense will, but there's more reason to think the Niners could make a significant jump in efficacy.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I realize this conversation happened awhile ago, but wanted to chime in. Sure, their D should be better, but you can't compare the development with a collection of young players on D to the development of a young QB on offense. One player improving at the QB position can improve a team by leaps and bounds. That's not to say our offense WILL improve more than their defense will, but there's more reason to think the Niners could make a significant jump in efficacy.

We have our All Pro tight end playing wide receiver for crying out loud. The writing is on the wall fellas.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No you're missing the point. No one mentioned anything about fearing anyone but you. You make up a phantom stance for someone based on nothing. We're talking about one's defense then you mention our offense as if I was undervaluing our offense by showing respect to their defense. A perfect anology to this would be, "Steve Young sucks as a QB during the '88 and '89 seasons because he was a backup QB to Joe Montana". We have one if not the most explosive offense of all football - arguably when healthy. Would it mean anything to a team (in terms of their D not being good) that plays us if we put up 30 points on them?! You keep making sh8 up without looking at the entire picture here.

let me summarize.....cause I got nothing better to do.

what was your point? that the Rams added Jared Cook, just another example that their additions (Tavon Austin) are awesome, right? ie you look at offensive additions and remain in awe. to me it is 'fear', but i'll go ahead with 'awe'.

my point is....it is more than just offenses, it is ALSO defenses (#573). can't just look at offensive players they added, and conclude we're in trouble?

a 'phantom stance' is saying the Rams D will stop us because they stopped us last year. you enforced this by saying they added more to their D, than we did (#576). you also reinforced this by saying their D didn't remain stagnant (#578). last year was last year, teams change. so what phantom stance did I make up?

you were only looking at offensive additions (Cook and Austin), whereas I said include the defenses. so who's picture was bigger? who was looking more at the 'entire picture'?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We have our All Pro tight end playing wide receiver for crying out loud. The writing is on the wall fellas.

We have our all-pro TE practicing at WR. He's got a pretty good handle on playing TE. I don't see how Davis getting reps at WR is a sign of doom and gloom. It seems more like an effort to better exploit matchups and play to Boldin's strength as an inside receiver. Our WR situation is comparable to what it was when we went to the SB.

St. Louis lost its top two WRs, replacing them with rookies - granted promising rookies. They have no established RB. They are breaking in new safeties. I don't see why you're so very high on them. Should they be better this year? Sure. Better than us? I'm not at all convinced of that. The only spot on D where I give them the edge is at CB. I'm not sure they have an edge anywhere on offense, though certainly there's a chance for that at WR.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We have our all-pro TE practicing at WR. He's got a pretty good handle on playing TE. I don't see how Davis getting reps at WR is a sign of doom and gloom. It seems more like an effort to better exploit matchups and play to Boldin's strength as an inside receiver. Our WR situation is comparable to what it was when we went to the SB.

St. Louis lost its top two WRs, replacing them with rookies - granted promising rookies. They have no established RB. They are breaking in new safeties. I don't see why you're so very high on them. Should they be better this year? Sure. Better than us? I'm not at all convinced of that. The only spot on D where I give them the edge is at CB. I'm not sure they have an edge anywhere on offense, though certainly there's a chance for that at WR.

yep on Vernon, also see it as a good idea. why not try him outside, and this is the time to do it.

guess my opinion on the Rams is somewhere between yours and Bingo? have already given them kudo's for improving fast, but don't see why we should be in 'awe'? its a team game so we'll see how it goes head to head?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yep on Vernon, also see it as a good idea. why not try him outside, and this is the time to do it.

guess my opinion on the Rams is somewhere between yours and Bingo? have already given them kudo's for improving fast, but don't see why we should be in 'awe'? its a team game so we'll see how it goes head to head?

I think St. Louis could have a very good team, possibly top-10. But they're in a division with two top-5 teams IMO. I still think they're the third team in the division on paper. We'll see what happens on the field.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I agree. Vernon working out with the WRs is nothing new. In fact Vance McDonald (who played some WR in college) did the same. This brings nice versatility to the offense.

Calling this a doomsday scenario like some people are doing cracks me up.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree. Vernon working out with the WRs is nothing new. In fact Vance McDonald (who played some WR in college) did the same. This brings nice versatility to the offense.

Calling this a doomsday scenario like some people are doing cracks me up.

yes, versatility helps any way we can get it. especially since other teams start anticipating run or pass per formation.

actually in the case of Vance McDonald, he should work at TE blocking (inside)? his mentality should be block well enough to play there when called upon?

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oooh boy,
They better give A.J. some 1st team reps in the preseason along with some targets before they try to make V.D more of a WR...

But I think this says more about McDonald than the #2 WR problem.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oooh boy,
They better give A.J. some 1st team reps in the preseason along with some targets before they try to make V.D more of a WR...

But I think this says more about McDonald than the #2 WR problem.

I think it says as much about Boldin as anything. He's better in the slot, so unless we're going to go three wides, we need someone else outside. No reason that can't be Vernon, at least from time to time.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think it says as much about Boldin as anything. He's better in the slot, so unless we're going to go three wides, we need someone else outside. No reason that can't be Vernon, at least from time to time.

With the whole Boldin then everyone else notion that"s going around, I forgot he could still play slot and be considered the #1WR for the 49ers. As long as #17 is the #2 WR for at least the preseason, then I'm okay with this.