• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC West

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Goodness. What in the world was Kolb looking at on his INT right before halftime tonight? Three different defenders there, including the one who picked it, had a shot at it. And the line play for them in the 2nd quarter......awful.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And Kolb's pick 6 right after halftime (14 seconds in)? Wow!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have NFL Preseason Live but it's blacked-out. I'm going to check it out once it clears to see the two INTs and 53 yard underthrow completion.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montana and Rice's Thoughts on 2012 Niners

Props to the defense, hope for the offense. I love watching these guys and it's great not to have to hear their opinions on us struggling, now that we're playing well.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montana and Rice's Thoughts on 2012 Niners

Props to the defense, hope for the offense. I love watching these guys and it's great not to have to hear their opinions on us struggling, now that we're playing well.

Don't jinx us!

I was trying one of Harbaugh's strategies where he says what he wants to happen as if it happened already, like Crabtree's hands. We haven't played that well this preseason, so I was just saying we're playing well to make it come into fruition. (Nothing said here was serious.) Blame all jinxes on Deep9er!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Read this on the NFC West Blog.

"Some of the most dominant defenses in NFL history feasted on weak quarterbacks. As we discussed, the 2000 Baltimore Ravens faced Jay Fiedler, Brad Johnson, Kordell Stewart, Steve McNair, Mark Brunell, Vinny Testaverde, Jake Plummer, Kent Graham, Tim Couch, Scott Mitchell, Akili Smith, Doug Pederson, Ryan Leaf and a declining Troy Aikman." - Made in relation of what quarterbacks we face this year - Rodgers, Stafford, Manning, Brady, Brees, and I suppose, Cutler (maybe underrated but below these guys). Bradford if he isn't injured or bogged down by the new system, could present problems in at least one of the two games we face the Rams.

One note, I think these guys were better than those the Ravens faced and will be for longer, but time does fade memories a bit. Perhaps in a few years, this list won't look as big, but nonetheless, I think we can agree that we're facing a tougher schedule. We also face Kolb/Skelton, a rookie QB in Seattle, etc., so we may get our breaks somewhere.

We have the defense either way and we have to take all opponents seriously, because we want home field advantage in the playoffs (not too concerned with making the playoffs as long as we're relatively healthy). As Deep would say, win the division games and the easier out of division games. The rest will be alright, IMO. We're competitive and talented.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fisher said they don't feel Brockers' injury is serious but made sure to point out that ankle injuries can linger.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
La Canfora:

X-rays negative on ankle of Rams 1st rnd pick Michael Brockers. Will still undergo MRI but looks like he dodged a bullet. Expected to...

Miss a few weeks in all likelihood, but injury looked like it could be severe at the time it was suffered last night.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Skelton will start at QB for the Cardinals at least in wk. 1, per source.
[MEDIA=twitter]241625863714639872[/MEDIA]

LOL, just want to give a shout out to anyone who felt that the 49ers were dumb as hell to pass on trading for Kolb.

yycsx.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ha.....I was basically thinking the same thing. Seemed like a lot of people - even inside the NFL - were just assuming Kolb was good, hardly ever seeing him play.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There's a huge game tonight.

Cards Vs. Rams