• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC West

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what I meant and I explained it. Others knew what I meant before so I know they are smart enough to figure out what I mean now. You like playing daft for your entertainment. That's your style. I'm going to bed now, feel free to send other things and congratulate yourself by either misstating me or calling me dumb. It doesn't change the facts. I tried to have a discussion with you and you like to play games by playing dumb. I am a good guy, but I no longer care if you believe what I say because even if you did, you wouldn't say it. You'd just do the confused GW Bush face that Will Ferrel does and do your schtick.:thumb::music:

Here's a llama loaned to me by imac.

:llama:

Everyone is a good guy until they’re not. I'm sorry, but I don't share the same opinion of you that you have of yourself - I see through your BS. I made it perfectly clear that my comment was addressing the article and not your post, but did that stop you from "purposely" posting your nonsense? Nope. Does that sound like a good guy to you? It sure doesn't to me.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is a good guy until they’re not. I'm sorry, but I don't share the same opinion of you that you have of yourself - I see through your BS. I made it perfectly clear that my comment was addressing the article and not your post, but did that stop you from "purposely" posting your nonsense? Nope. Does that sound like a good guy to you? It sure doesn't to me.

Yeah, I was going to go to bed but I got busy doing other things and came back while waiting for something to upload.

What you said was nonsense isn't nonsense to me. So for me to not be a good guy because of posting what I did, I'd have to have thought it was nonsense and not legitimate argument. To me it was legitimate argument on what I meant. You don't trust me, but what can I do about that? It's not nonsense to me. It could be nonsense, in the grand scheme of things, but the bad motive (i.e. what you say makes me not a good guy) you imply is not there. If you have anything on me that makes me a bad guy that you are not guilty of the same, let it be known. If you genuinely think I'm dumb, fine, that doesn't make me a bad guy. And it isn't truth just because you think it is.

I had a point. You had a point. Neither of us were discussing the others point. That's just the facts.

- I purposely didn't address your point because I had nothing to say about it.
- You purposely didn't address my point because you admittedly only care about the underrated part and refuse to entertain the idea that I honestly was only talking about the yardbarker citation and only quoted you for that purpose.
- You weren't talking about the 'no question' part, I wasn't talking about the underrated part.

I did not do anything that you didn't do. I just tried to explain myself; I admitted where I was wrong (to quote you) and despite all you telling me not to take it personally, you make it personal by saying that I'm not a good guy. For what? Doing what you did and then you assuming I meant bad by it ("see through your BS")? I didn't mean anything bad by quoting you, explaining myself at length, defending my lengths of posts. Yeah, I got annoyed by your BS (you claim I have BS when you clearly do), but it's just a message board. We're never going to trust each other so I don't know what to do. I'm sorry that I insulted you even though you've done that to me on other occassions. You've said my explanations entertain you, that doesn't sound like a good guy either.

I think we should both refrain from getting into debates about things. It's clear that we can't do it. When I concede, you don't acknowledge it in a peaceful way, you push further. When I respond in kind you say I'm not a good guy. It's like the Prisoner's Dilemma game where we both fail. I have not seen any concessions by you and I know you feel you don't need to. I tried. You won't believe me, but I did. Let it all be how it is. We're not going to solve anything this way. I think if we stick to football it would be ok, just refrain from addressing each other.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was going to go to bed but I got busy doing other things and came back while waiting for something to upload.

What you said was nonsense isn't nonsense to me. So for me to not be a good guy because of posting what I did, I'd have to have thought it was nonsense and not legitimate argument. To me it was legitimate argument on what I meant. You don't trust me, but what can I do about that? It's not nonsense to me. It could be nonsense, in the grand scheme of things, but the bad motive (i.e. what you say makes me not a good guy) you imply is not there. If you have anything on me that makes me a bad guy that you are not guilty of the same, let it be known. If you genuinely think I'm dumb, fine, that doesn't make me a bad guy. And it isn't truth just because you think it is.

I had a point. You had a point. Neither of us were discussing the others point. That's just the facts.

- I purposely didn't address your point because I had nothing to say about it.
- You purposely didn't address my point because you admittedly only care about the underrated part and refuse to entertain the idea that I honestly was only talking about the yardbarker citation and only quoted you for that purpose.
- You weren't talking about the 'no question' part, I wasn't talking about the underrated part.

I did not do anything that you didn't do. I just tried to explain myself; I admitted where I was wrong (to quote you) and despite all you telling me not to take it personally, you make it personal by saying that I'm not a good guy. For what? Doing what you did and then you assuming I meant bad by it? I didn't mean anything bad by quoting you, explaining myself at length, defending my lengths of posts. Yeah, I got annoyed by your BS (you claim I have BS when you clearly do), but it's just a message board. We're never going to trust each other so I don't know what to do. I'm sorry that I insulted you even though you've done that to me on other occassions. You've said my explanations entertain you, that doesn't sound like a good guy either.

I think we should both refrain from getting into debates about things. It's clear that we can't do it. When I concede, you don't acknowledge it in a peaceful way, you push further. When I respond in kind you say I'm not a good guy. It's like the Prisoner's Dilemma game where we both fail. I have not seen any concessions by you and I know you feel you don't need to. I tried. You won't believe me, but I did. Let it all be how it is. We're not going to solve anything this way. I think if we stick to football it would be ok, just refrain from addressing each other.

Listen moron, I wasn't addressing YOU about the "no question" part but you were addressing ME about it - why? I wasn't addressing you about Yardbarker - You just took it upon yourself to assume I was and once again started posting your BS - why?

You had absolutely zero reason to comment on anything I said in my initial post and when I very civilly answered your statement about "feeling better" by saying I didn't understand what you meant - you started in with MORE BS! And when I stated in my third post that I wasn't talking to you - you continued with your BS - So stfu about being a "good guy" because that's fucking laughable.

If you want to have a civil and respectful conversation with me - great, then be civil and respectful. Knock off your passive/aggressive, whiney "oh I'm a good guy and Bem is beating up" act. If I'm not talking to you and you have nothing intelligent or relevant to add or ask then don't say anything. Like I said, I see through your BS.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't addressing YOU about the "no question" part but you were addressing ME about it - why?

To show that I wasn't posting it because I agreed with it or thought yardbarker was credible. And AGAIN, I wasn't addressing you, I was addressing Crimsoncrew. I shouldn't have quoted you, I did because you said, "Yardbarker? God Almighty, what has this off-season come to", a similar sentiment on what Crimson said.

I wasn't addressing you about Yardbarker - You just took it upon yourself to assume I was and once again started posting your BS - why?

What the hell did "Yardbarker? God Almighty, what has this off-season come to" mean then?

You had absolutely zero reason to comment on anything I said in my initial post and when I very civilly answered your statement about "feeling better" by saying I didn't understand what you meant - you started in with MORE BS! And when I stated in my third post that I wasn't talking to you - you continued with your BS - So stfu about being a "good guy" because that's fucking laughable.

You quoted me and laughed at my source. That was my legitimate reason to comment on your "Yardbarker? God Almighty, what has this off-season come to". Again, calling it BS doesn't make it so. You're wrong here as it wasn't BS, but I'm not going to convince you of that, so what am I to do? I can't concede what's not true. I explained what you consider BS because you said you didn't understand it.

If you want to have a civil and respectful conversation with me - great, then be civil and respectful. Knock off your passive/aggressive, whiney "oh I'm a good guy and Bem is beating up" act.

I'm not passive aggressive, but I'll never convince you on that, so whatever. And you'll never convince me that you aren't an aggressor either. Just agree to disagree.

If I'm not talking to you and you have nothing intelligent or relevant to add or ask then don't say anything. Like I said, I see through your BS.

You quoted me and laughed at my source. "Yardbarker? God Almighty, what has this off-season come to" That's where this whole thing started. So you might not have meant to be talking to me, I'll give you that, but you act like it was so remote that you can't understand. And I didn't jump in victim mode, I was jokingly defending it by explaining the no question part.

How many times do we have to rehash this? It's clear you don't like me. Great. You think I'm passive aggressive. Good for you. You don't trust me and think I BS, without even considering that there could have been a misunderstanding worsened in the last 3 pages of worthless back and forth. That's awesome. Who you think I am doesn't change who I am so I'll stop worrying about it. You can think whatever you'd like.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You laughed at my source. "Yardbarker? God Almighty, what has this off-season come to" That's where this whole thing started.

Well, you know what they say about schizophrenia – admitting it to yourselves is the first step to a long and happy conversation.

Imagine for a moment, all 7 or 8 of you, if BINGO or Chris were as paranoid as you and reacted as you did every time someone didn't like a source they linked?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you know what they say about schizophrenia – admitting it to yourselves is the first step to a long and happy conversation.

Imagine for a moment, all 7 or 8 of you, if BINGO or Chris were as paranoid as you and reacted as you did every time someone didn't like a source they linked?

:clap2:

We all got it, you don't like all 10 of me. Let's all move on. :thumb:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap2:

We all got it, you don't like all 10 of me. Let's all move on. :thumb:

Three pages of being an idiot before you say something intelligent - But I have to appluad your fortitude for hanging in there - I agree, let's all 11 of us move on - until the next time you feel the urge to become an asshole; which, by my watch should be in about 5...4...3...2

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three pages of being an idiot before you say something intelligent - But I have to appluad your fortitude for hanging in there - I agree, let's all 11 of us move on - until the next time you feel the urge to become an asshole; which, by my watch should be in about 5...4...3...2

Eh, we're still waiting for you to say something intelligent, but I'm confident it'll come one day. At least your watch is only six minutes off.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, we're still waiting for you to say something intelligent, but I'm confident it'll come one day. At least your watch is only five minutes off.

And BOOM there it is - Good Dog!

Ahhh, let's see where to throw the stick this time - oh, I know, since I am conversing with you there is no need to say something intelligent - If I were to say something intelligent those voices in your head would start yelling at each other and we have all seen what that looks like right here in this forum. So I try to keep things at the 3rd grade level when talking to you - glad to see it's helping. Btw, I threw the stick to the left - now go fetch it-fido!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

good read, especially for 'old school' fans like me. while i've recognized the trend has gone pass, didn't quite recognize just how far?

still think the GOAL should be balance, meaning you still need a decent run game, or meaning we don't go "pass happy". but at the end of the season ok, the pass should lead.

maybe its just not scheming "runs" like the traditional way? instead maybe a little Walsh style where you use long hand-offs? ie throw them short passes in open space?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good read, especially for 'old school' fans like me. while i've recognized the trend has gone pass, didn't quite recognize just how far?

still think the GOAL should be balance, meaning you still need a decent run game, or meaning we don't go "pass happy". but at the end of the season ok, the pass should lead.

maybe its just not scheming "runs" like the traditional way? instead maybe a little Walsh style where you use long hand-offs? ie throw them short passes in open space?

Passing is more entertaining for lay fans, so they will value a pass happy offense more than a run offense. QBs that can and do produce are by and large better than those who don't, obviously, but there could be run teams that are better than pass happy offenses when the defense is not that great. So both sides could take some lessons from the other.

It's interesting though, despite being 14th in rushing attempts versus 23rd in passing attempts, the Panthers defense still had bad enough to allow so many points. (There were more passes than rushes, though.) If Carolina balanced that out, the defense would not only be more rested (assuming the same efficiency on ypr), but also other teams would have less/fewer time/possessions to score. Once Cam gets more efficient in YPA and the offense gets more balanced, they should be able to overcome defensive woes in total allowances. The defense may still be bad as far as what they allow per play. So even if Cam is a top flight QB, they may stand to gain by rushing more until they fix their defense. Getting Beason back will help.

But if teams like the Packers leaned less on Rodgers, would we see that much improvement or does Rodgers add so much by passing more that being more balanced would hurt? Being balanced would be less predictable for defenses, but they already are so effective. Teams know what they're going to do and still get beat and the Packers still win. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Was Indiana's defense made up of the same people last year when Peyton was here? They went from 10th to 5th when Manning was out - I understand they may have lost players and with a losing team there's less for teams to play for defensively I suppose. But Peyton not only helped the offense, he helped the defense. Keep in mind that a lot of the yards/points allowed in 2010 was when teams were playing catch up and the offense was winding the clock down. In 2011, the defense needed to play well to overcome poor offense, and they couldn't.

As for us, I think we could stand more balance this year and maybe get more pass happy next year. We need to get everything going as I think balance is best. We'll see if our QBs for the next few years can handle a transition, if we indeed are moving towards the trend.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By mere number of attempts - Miami, Kansas City, Chicago, Jacksonville, and SF were the most balanced teams.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are your numbers:

Team….% Pass…..% Rush
DET…….65.17%....34.83%
TB……….62.96%....37.04%
TEN…….60.83%....39.17%
NO……..60.57%....39.43%
BUF…….59.65%....40.35%
WAS…..59.64%....40.36%
NYG…...58.90%....41.10%
ARI……..58.57%....41.43%
IND……..58.30%....41.70%
GB……...58.29%....41.71%
NE……...58.29%....41.71%
DAL…….58.28%....41.72%
CLE…….57.87%....42.13%
STL…….57.31%....42.69%
SD………57.17%....42.83%
ATL…….56.73%....43.27%
PIT……..55.40%....44.60%
NYJ…….55.25%....44.75%
PHI……..55.18%....44.82%
BAL……..54.24%....45.76%
CIN……..54.04%..…45.96%
CAR…….53.84%....46.16%
SEA…….53.41%....46.59%
MIN…….53.24%....46.76%
OAK….52.93%....47.07%
CHI……50.91%....49.09%
KC…….50.66%....49.34%
MIA…50.00%....50.00%
JAC….48.96%....51.04%
SF…….47.52%....52.48%
HOU….46.10%....53.90%

DEN…….44.00%....56.00%

Totals...55.48%....44.52%

DIVISION.......%Pass..........%Rush
NFC South.....58.52%.........41.48%
NFC East.......57.99%.........42.01%
NFC North......57.08%.........42.92%
AFC East.......55.89%.........44.11%
AFC North......55.38%.........44.62%
NFC West......54.20%.........45.80%
AFC South.....53.39%.........46.61%
AFC West......51.26%.........48.74%

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fitzgerald forgives Floyd
4:25PM ET
Larry Fitzgerald | Cardinals

We told you a few days ago about Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald publicly chastised rookie Michael Floyd for skipping a series of workouts. Never let it be said that Fitzgerald is not a fair man, because he's also willing to give praise when it's due. Floyd took Fitzgerald's tongue-lashing to heart and showed up for the next workouts -- with a vengeance.

"Just finished another strong workout with [WelleFast Elite Sports Training]," Fitzgerald said via Twitter. "@MichaelMFloyd killed it 2day & led the group in all drills & [squatted] 400+. #beast"

- Vince Verhei​

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitzgerald forgives Floyd
4:25PM ET
Larry Fitzgerald | Cardinals

We told you a few days ago about Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald publicly chastised rookie Michael Floyd for skipping a series of workouts. Never let it be said that Fitzgerald is not a fair man, because he's also willing to give praise when it's due. Floyd took Fitzgerald's tongue-lashing to heart and showed up for the next workouts -- with a vengeance.

"Just finished another strong workout with [WelleFast Elite Sports Training]," Fitzgerald said via Twitter. "@MichaelMFloyd killed it 2day & led the group in all drills & [squatted] 400+. #beast"

- Vince Verhei​

Can't put a price tag on leadership like that!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are your numbers:

Team….% Pass…..% Rush
DET…….65.17%....34.83%
TB……….62.96%....37.04%
TEN…….60.83%....39.17%
NO……..60.57%....39.43%
BUF…….59.65%....40.35%
WAS…..59.64%....40.36%
NYG…...58.90%....41.10%
ARI……..58.57%....41.43%
IND……..58.30%....41.70%
GB……...58.29%....41.71%
NE……...58.29%....41.71%
DAL…….58.28%....41.72%
CLE…….57.87%....42.13%
STL…….57.31%....42.69%
SD………57.17%....42.83%
ATL…….56.73%....43.27%
PIT……..55.40%....44.60%
NYJ…….55.25%....44.75%
PHI……..55.18%....44.82%
BAL……..54.24%....45.76%
CIN……..54.04%..…45.96%
CAR…….53.84%....46.16%
SEA…….53.41%....46.59%
MIN…….53.24%....46.76%
OAK….52.93%....47.07%
CHI……50.91%....49.09%
KC…….50.66%....49.34%
MIA…50.00%....50.00%
JAC….48.96%....51.04%
SF…….47.52%....52.48%
HOU….46.10%....53.90%

DEN…….44.00%....56.00%

Totals...55.48%....44.52%

DIVISION.......%Pass..........%Rush
NFC South.....58.52%.........41.48%
NFC East.......57.99%.........42.01%
NFC North......57.08%.........42.92%
AFC East.......55.89%.........44.11%
AFC North......55.38%.........44.62%
NFC West......54.20%.........45.80%
AFC South.....53.39%.........46.61%
AFC West......51.26%.........48.74%

Nice work, Bem. Thanks for the stats.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice work, Bem. Thanks for the stats.

I had them at my finger tips but putting them in a format that works on this board is a pain in the ass. Then I went and BOLDED those teams closest to 50/50 and it screwed up the alignment anyway - but it still works.

What would be interesting is to put together a 10yr trend analysis - Maybe a project for another day.

Enjoy!