• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC Playoffs

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
….and now DJ Jones is out for the year. How many injuries can this team overcome and still remain effective?

Yes, this is a big blow as both the Rams and Seahwawks will try to establish their run games. Then in the play-offs, same thing.

But nothing can change this now so Saleh can only get others some game reps. I thought Sheldon Day did a good job last year, and should get most of the work. Then get Street a few reps.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, this is a big blow as both the Rams and Seahwawks will try to establish their run games. Then in the play-offs, same thing.

But nothing can change this now so Saleh can only get others some game reps. I thought Sheldon Day did a good job last year, and should get most of the work. Then get Street a few reps.
Perhaps Thomas will finally earn his salary.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! Yes, there certainly were a bunch of holes in the defense that day.

Sure plenty but those same holes have been their since week 8 or earlier so your doom and gloom is over played.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure plenty but those same holes have been their since week 8 or earlier so your doom and gloom is over played.
No. Sherman and Jones are new and both are critical; especially Sherman.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Sherman and Jones are new and both are critical; especially Sherman.

Yes they are but Alexander and Ford are not and as I originally said that Sherman and Tartt are a bigger concern because they have played well without Ford and Alexander.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they are but Alexander and Ford are not and as I originally said that Sherman and Tartt are a bigger concern because they have played well without Ford and Alexander.
They'd be extremely formidable with Alexander and Ford in there.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes they would but they are out and you have to play with who is available.

Yep.

We won't be seeing a "vaunted" D like first half of the season. With so many players now out, that isn't realistic.

So again, our offense will need to score touchdowns vice field goals.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps putting a claim in on Jenkins might help the defense I don't know how well he would fit the system.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Perhaps putting a claim in on Jenkins might help the defense I don't know how well he would fit the system.

IF he's a good man-to-man cover corner, maybe sign him for the remaining season? Because i think a 'man type' CB takes less time to acclimate into the scheme. We wouldn't target him to start, but be a back-up and situational player. Having one good man coverage guy allows options in certain situations.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks to Jenkins....the dude whined about wanting to travel with the best receiver while putting a heavier load on the other rookies in the secondary. That's not a 'teammate' that I would want....especially in the system SF runs....which is predominantly cover 3 zone.

Just got to hope if Street is activated that he shows us something, and that if and when Ford returns, he returns reasonably healthy enough to make a run.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No thanks to Jenkins....the dude whined about wanting to travel with the best receiver while putting a heavier load on the other rookies in the secondary. That's not a 'teammate' that I would want....especially in the system SF runs....which is predominantly cover 3 zone.

Just got to hope if Street is activated that he shows us something, and that if and when Ford returns, he returns reasonably healthy enough to make a run.

If this is the case, i agree. Lets not disrupt the team culture now, especially for a back-up player.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would probably be in a bad mood if I played for the Giants too. I think he is tied for the league lead in interceptions. I only wondered because Sherman is out for the rest of the year and they could use some talent at the CB position and he'll come relatively cheaply for the remainder of the season.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would probably be in a bad mood if I played for the Giants too. I think he is tied for the league lead in interceptions. I only wondered because Sherman is out for the rest of the year and they could use some talent at the CB position and he'll come relatively cheaply for the remainder of the season.

Sherman isn't out for the rest of the year....there seems to be some confusion in the way it was reported because I believe one party thought the subject was Dee Ford and not Sherman. Ford could be out up to 4 weeks, but Shanahan said there is a possibility he'll be back before the playoffs.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

We won't be seeing a "vaunted" D like first half of the season. With so many players now out, that isn't realistic.

5 defensive starters from week one are out for the rest of the regular season along with two top reserves. This makes all three remaining games a crap shoot. Its looking really bad. That's the reason, though it goes against every fiber of my being, I will be rooting for the Cowboys to beat the Rams and guarantee us a spot in the post season. It would be devastating if the 49ers, the current number one seed, lost these last three games and missed the playoffs completely. As strange as it seems, its a very real possibility now that we have a mediocre defense.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

That can be done, as they've show recently, but can they stop anybody?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 defensive starters from week one are out for the rest of the regular season along with two top reserves. This makes all three remaining games a crap shoot. Its looking really bad. That's the reason, though it goes against every fiber of my being, I will be rooting for the Cowboys to beat the Rams and guarantee us a spot in the post season. It would be devastating if the 49ers, the current number one seed, lost these last three games and missed the playoffs completely. As strange as it seems, its a very real possibility now that we have a mediocre defense.

I'm not going to call the defense mediocre after one bad game against the best offense in NFL. Now they may not be what they were but with the offense playing better than it has all season they can handle a down turn by the defense.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They stopped the Saints just enough to get the win.
No, they didn't. They collapsed like a house of cards in the 4th quarter and were only saved by a miracle play by Kittle. You could say that the complete ineptitude of the 49er D on the Saints final drive allowed the 49ers to win. The defense was so bad that the Saints score too quickly and allowed the 49ers time to score again.