• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC Playoffs

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely, but it doesn't and that is the bottom line. The time to get Seattle was when they weren't playing well but they managed to squeak those games out and after tonight they will be the number two seed in the conference

I'd actually be curious to know how many teams in recent NFL history started off 9-2 with a lower average margin of victory than the Seahawks. For all my concerns about the team, I have to give them credit for squeaking out those wins.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Although it sucks for the Seahawks, I will always take pride that I was one of the few people who thought the 49ers would be really good this year. I didn't anticipate this good, but right now that week 17 matchup is looking like one of the biggest of the year.

I just hope we go into that game with the West on the line? It would SUCK for us if we need more help.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd actually be curious to know how many teams in recent NFL history started off 9-2 with a lower average margin of victory than the Seahawks. For all my concerns about the team, I have to give them credit for squeaking out those wins.
Its how they win. They always win close games. Its hard to have a good offense when your offense is designed around broken plays. Wilson will usually pull something out of his ass at the end and that's how they get it done.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, The 49ers still have their destiny in their own hands because they play both Seattle and New Orleans. We'll find out if they are still only contenders or are for real. A chance for guys Like Deep9er to put up or shut up.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its how they win. They always win close games. Its hard to have a good offense when your offense is designed around broken plays. Wilson will usually pull something out of his ass at the end and that's how they get it done.

The Seattle TEAM is good no argument there, but don't agree with "designed around broken plays. Once you add Wilson's intangibles, then you get the close wins. But i still think the 49er TEAM is better than Seattle's, and we'll get to prove it in a few weeks. IF we don't beat them in the re-match, we don't deserve the West.

But again, would be great if we go into that game with the West still on the line. Still two games to play for BOTH teams, so i'm getting ahead of myself. :-)

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh wow! To now i thought the Rams was our last game, and Seattle the second to the last. :-(

There are THREE games to go before we rematch Seattle. This coming week is yet another BIG week for both teams. Would be nice if the Rams knock off Seattle, then we can't fall behind per record. Plus, they'll have a West loss.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, The 49ers still have their destiny in their own hands because they play both Seattle and New Orleans. We'll find out if they are still only contenders or are for real. A chance for guys Like Deep9er to put up or shut up.

Yes, isn't that the same for all NFL fans?

Same as if Seattle doesn't win the West, you will put up or shut-up. Remember you're the Seattle fan, not me.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
To Break A Tie Within A Division
If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory.

Interesting, there's a possibility we go down to tie breaker 5? I take tie breaker 5 as the stronger Strength of Schedule, i don't know? The stronger schedule wins unlike the Draft where the weaker schedule 'wins'.

if we lose to New Orleans and win out the rest, AND Seattle wins the rest except the 49ers, we both finish with the same season record. So then we go to tie-breakers:

1. We'd have beaten each other once. still tied
2. We'd have one West loss, and Seattle one West loss, to each other. still tied
3. We'd have lost to the same two teams - New Orleans and Baltimore - and to each other. still tied
4. We'd have beaten Washington and Green Bay, and Seattle beat Phil and Minn. All else Conference opponents are the same. Still tied.
5. Now here is where we'd likely lose. Seattle beat Phil and Minn; whereas we beat Washington and GB. All other games on our schedule are the same opponents.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weve had an issue with Kimara lately!!

Assuming you're talking about Alvin Kamara I never want to see him play the Seahawks again. I can't remember the last time I saw a running back break so many tackles against us.

Should be a really good game between the 49ers and Saints.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Assuming you're talking about Alvin Kamara I never want to see him play the Seahawks again. I can't remember the last time I saw a running back break so many tackles against us.

Should be a really good game between the 49ers and Saints.

Yeah, the Saints are known for their passing game but like most games, you first slow down the run. Can't let Kamara or Murray or whomever, gash you on the ground.

Would be nice if our offense keeps it up and scores early and often? It is coming around of late, even against the Ravens. At very least, DON'T turn it over.

I think the Rams - Seahawks game will be a good too? The Rams can't wait for this re-match away from Seattle. Another last second field goal for the win.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seattle TEAM is good no argument there, but don't agree with "designed around broken plays. Once you add Wilson's intangibles, then you get the close wins. But i still think the 49er TEAM is better than Seattle's, and we'll get to prove it in a few weeks. IF we don't beat them in the re-match, we don't deserve the West.

But again, would be great if we go into that game with the West still on the line. Still two games to play for BOTH teams, so i'm getting ahead of myself. :-)
At the risk of infuriating you further, here is how it will play out. Seattle will win the west either by victory over the Niners unless they already have it wrapped up before the final game.
As the 5th seed the 49ers will travel to Dallas for the Wild Card game. They will be beaten by Dallas and that will be the end of it for this year. Make no mistake, Dallas is an extremely talented team; pay no attention to the 6 and 6 record. They can beat anyone with that roster and at home they will do just that over a 49er team that is just not quite ready for the bright lights yet. The moment will be too big and they'll find a way to lose it at the end just like they did with Seattle and Baltimore.
The experience will be good for them though and if they can stay healthy they'll be right back in the thick of it next year and be ready to win a playoff game.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, isn't that the same for all NFL fans?

Same as if Seattle doesn't win the West, you will put up or shut-up. Remember you're the Seattle fan, not me.
I'll definitely happily eat crow should the 49ers prove me wrong.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Saints are known for their passing game but like most games, you first slow down the run. Can't let Kamara or Murray or whomever, gash you on the ground.

Would be nice if our offense keeps it up and scores early and often? It is coming around of late, even against the Ravens. At very least, DON'T turn it over.

I think the Rams - Seahawks game will be a good too? The Rams can't wait for this re-match away from Seattle. Another last second field goal for the win.
Don't know who to root for on this one. A Rams win is the only way that the 49ers could miss the playoffs entirely as they both could end up 11 and 5. A Seattle win keeps us most likely one game behind them but eliminates the Rams and almost guarantees the Niners a spot in the post season.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With all due respect to the 49ers, the Saints and Ravens are definitely the two best teams I've seen the Seahawks play this year. I would say the 49ers, Saints and Ravens are the 3 best teams in the NFL right now. Scheduling didn't do you guys any favors having to play both of them on the road. Lamar Jackson and the Ravens took a shit on us in Seattle and the Saints were also able to beat us at home without Drew Brees.

I definitely think that the Rams - Seahawks game will be good. I'm still kinda confused what's going on with the Rams because they have such a ridiculous amount of talent on both sides of the ball. On offense maybe the NFL has figured out their scheme.

Gonna be an interesting week for the NFC West.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know who to root for on this one. A Rams win is the only way that the 49ers could miss the playoffs entirely as they both could end up 11 and 5. A Seattle win keeps us most likely one game behind them but eliminates the Rams and almost guarantees the Niners a spot in the post season.

Root for whatever ends up with the Seahawks and 49ers playing for the NFC West title week 17. That would be a blast.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
At the risk of infuriating you further, here is how it will play out. Seattle will win the west either by victory over the Niners unless they already have it wrapped up before the final game.
As the 5th seed the 49ers will travel to Dallas for the Wild Card game. They will be beaten by Dallas and that will be the end of it for this year. Make no mistake, Dallas is an extremely talented team; pay no attention to the 6 and 6 record. They can beat anyone with that roster and at home they will do just that over a 49er team that is just not quite ready for the bright lights yet. The moment will be too big and they'll find a way to lose it at the end just like they did with Seattle and Baltimore.
The experience will be good for them though and if they can stay healthy they'll be right back in the thick of it next year and be ready to win a playoff game.

Again, i'm not mad at all, just not getting why ANY 49er fan - supposed 49er fan - wouldn't be POSITIVE? But anyway, you're entitled to feel and post whatever you want. Obviously, i hope the 49ers prove you wrong and apparently you want Seattle to win, not a problem.

It does seem odd i'm "arguing" 49ers vs Seahawks" with a supposed 49er fan, but i'm fine with it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Geezus.....

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With all due respect to the 49ers, the Saints and Ravens are definitely the two best teams I've seen the Seahawks play this year. I would say the 49ers, Saints and Ravens are the 3 best teams in the NFL right now. Scheduling didn't do you guys any favors having to play both of them on the road. Lamar Jackson and the Ravens took a shit on us in Seattle and the Saints were also able to beat us at home without Drew Brees.

I definitely think that the Rams - Seahawks game will be good. I'm still kinda confused what's going on with the Rams because they have such a ridiculous amount of talent on both sides of the ball. On offense maybe the NFL has figured out their scheme.

Gonna be an interesting week for the NFC West.

Yes, they're still talented. IMO it starts with Jared Goff, he's effective with a good running game, but he can't "carry the load".

Speaking of "carry the load", Garapollo isn't proven yet either, but he's making GOOD progress of late. He just needs to eliminate turnovers.