• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC Playoffs

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know this is getting two weeks ahead of ourselves, but couldn't help but look this up:

To Break A Tie Within A Division
If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs
  1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory.

We'll more than likely need to beat them in Seattle, and if we want to win the West, its fitting. This alone doesn't guarantee the West, but it'll go a long way.

The next best way is for Seattle to lose to the Rams and/or Cardinals. We then need to beat the Rams again to ensure we don't remain tied.

Seattle lost to New Orleans and Baltimore, so we could lose to the same two teams and possibly win the West. But again this would for sure require a win in Seattle.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is getting two weeks ahead of ourselves, but couldn't help but look this up:

To Break A Tie Within A Division
If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs
  1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory.

We'll more than likely need to beat them in Seattle, and if we want to win the West, its fitting. This alone doesn't guarantee the West, but it'll go a long way.

The next best way is for Seattle to lose to the Rams and/or Cardinals. We then need to beat the Rams again to ensure we don't remain tied.

Seattle lost to New Orleans and Baltimore, so we could lose to the same two teams and possibly win the West. But again this would for sure require a win in Seattle.
Seattle is scary. The only games they've lost are to the two best teams in football; teams the 49ers have yet to play.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is scary. The only games they've lost are to the two best teams in football; teams the 49ers have yet to play.

Well they played Baltimore closer than Seattle did on the road instead of at home.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

The 49er's are also scary because the offense is coming around. Despite the wet field there were some explosive plays both running and passing.

if you ask other NFL teams who they'd rather face in the play-offs, i bet its Seattle.

Anyway, if we expect to win the West, we have to beat Seattle no matter.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I probably worry more than I should, but I'm personally not convinced the Seahawks are as good as our record suggests. Despite the win against you guys in SF, I think the 49ers have the better team when healthy. For my sake, hopefully I'm wrong. On the bright side at least the NFC West is interesting again.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I probably worry more than I should, but I'm personally not convinced the Seahawks are as good as our record suggests. Despite the win against you guys in SF, I think the 49ers have the better team when healthy. For my sake, hopefully I'm wrong. On the bright side at least the NFC West is interesting again.

No question it makes for extra excitement every week. Seattle is good and has earned their record, if we expect to win the West we have to beat Seattle. That alone doesn't guarantee the West, but we can't win it if we lose. I don't see Seattle losing two games than the 49er's, from here on.

Yes, injuries may or may not be a factor, both teams? At least we didn't suffer a big injury today.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they played Baltimore closer than Seattle did on the road instead of at home.
They played well and cannot be criticized for their effort but at this stage of the season there are no moral victories; you have to win.
Shanahan has now cost them two games with his inexperience as a head coach. He'll learn from it and the team will move on. The division is gone because of Shanahan errors but they only need to win one more game to make the playoffs and, once in, anything can happen.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49er's are also scary because the offense is coming around. Despite the wet field there were some explosive plays both running and passing.

if you ask other NFL teams who they'd rather face in the play-offs, i bet its Seattle.

Anyway, if we expect to win the West, we have to beat Seattle no matter.
The inability to devise a way to get the ball to your best player shows that Shanahan still has a lot to learn.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one ever is . Most of us worry too much because it is our team. Both teams will make the playoffs and then we'll see what happens. The big advantage for Seattle is they know, no matter what season it is, the 49ers can't beat them when it counts. More importantly, the 49ers know it as well.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They played well and cannot be criticized for their effort but at this stage of the season there are no moral victories; you have to win.
Shanahan has now cost them two games with his inexperience as a head coach. He'll learn from it and the team will move on. The division is gone because of Shanahan errors but they only need to win one more game to make the playoffs and, once in, anything can happen.

If i didn't know any better, i'd have thought you're a Seattle fan?! :-)

Seattle didn't beat Minnesota yet, and if they do, we'll have the SAME record. Seattle has the tie-breaker for now, but there's enough games to play for both teams. The Division ISN'T gone.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i didn't know any better, i'd have thought you're a Seattle fan?! :-)

Seattle didn't beat Minnesota yet, and if they do, we'll have the SAME record. Seattle has the tie-breaker for now, but there's enough games to play for both teams. The Division ISN'T gone.
Seattle will win at home tomorrow night and that drops the 49ers from the 1 seed to the 5 seed no matter how you spin it.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Niners can figure out a way to get one more victory they are in the playoffs.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seattle will win at home tomorrow night and that drops the 49ers from the 1 seed to the 5 seed no matter how you spin it.

and if that happens so be it, but while everyone else is letting the game play out you've already given Seattle the win. You already gave Seattle the win and the West?!

Whether we go in as a wildcard and whether we lose in the play-offs (11 teams eventually lose), its a GOOD 49er season. We FINALLY got a good season after years of misery and you're NOT enjoying it. You're trying hard to knock it down instead, that's really sad.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and if that happens so be it, but while everyone else is letting the game play out you've already given Seattle the win. You already gave Seattle the win and the West?!

Whether we go in as a wildcard and whether we lose in the play-offs (11 teams eventually lose), its a GOOD 49er season. We FINALLY got a good season after years of misery and you're NOT enjoying it. You're trying hard to knock it down instead, that's really sad.

Couldn't agree more it's been an excesses no matter how this plays out.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what I've been trying to tell you. But you get your panties all in a bunch when someone tells you honestly about this team.
Tell me you would not take 10 and 3 at the beginning of the season and a playoff appearance. Its been an excellent year and they are maybe a year from making a deep run into the playoffs. They've yet to win a game that they weren't supposed to win yet and when they do that they'll have turned a corner. They are just not quite ready yet for that bigtime win but they can compete with anybody.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's what I've been trying to tell you. But you get your panties all in a bunch when someone tells you honestly about this team.
Tell me you would not take 10 and 3 at the beginning of the season and a playoff appearance. Its been an excellent year and they are maybe a year from making a deep run into the playoffs. They've yet to win a game that they weren't supposed to win yet and when they do that they'll have turned a corner. They are just not quite ready yet for that bigtime win but they can compete with anybody.

No thats NOT what you've been trying to say............ALL season.

Anyway, i'm not mad about it, just not getting why you're so negative? Do post however you want but seems odd how you post so negatively?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thats NOT what you've been trying to say............ALL season.

Anyway, i'm not mad about it, just not getting why you're so negative? Do post however you want but seems odd how you post so negatively?
The evidence is there for you to read if you look.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question it makes for extra excitement every week. Seattle is good and has earned their record, if we expect to win the West we have to beat Seattle. That alone doesn't guarantee the West, but we can't win it if we lose. I don't see Seattle losing two games than the 49er's, from here on.

Yes, injuries may or may not be a factor, both teams? At least we didn't suffer a big injury today.

Although it sucks for the Seahawks, I will always take pride that I was one of the few people who thought the 49ers would be really good this year. I didn't anticipate this good, but right now that week 17 matchup is looking like one of the biggest of the year.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one ever is . Most of us worry too much because it is our team. Both teams will make the playoffs and then we'll see what happens. The big advantage for Seattle is they know, no matter what season it is, the 49ers can't beat them when it counts. More importantly, the 49ers know it as well.

I think my biggest concern is the point differential for the Seahawks. They've found a way to win, but they only beat the Bengals by 1 point, the Steelers by 2 points, the Rams by 1 point, Browns by 4 points, Falcons by 7, Bucs by 6 and 49ers by 3. Seattle's season could easily look a lot different IMO.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my biggest concern is the point differential for the Seahawks. They've found a way to win, but they only beat the Bengals by 1 point, the Steelers by 2 points, the Rams by 1 point, Browns by 4 points, Falcons by 7, Bucs by 6 and 49ers by 3. Seattle's season could easily look a lot different IMO.
Definitely, but it doesn't and that is the bottom line. The time to get Seattle was when they weren't playing well but they managed to squeak those games out and after tonight they will be the number two seed in the conference