• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC North Over/Unders

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do people want them to say? "There is no way we have a chance at being the solid unit we were last year?" That outrage would be 10 folds. Damned if you do Fuck you if you don't.

Nailed it.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pop quiz- how many games did we win last year? Couldn't have been more than two or three, based on the way a handful of the gals in here are carrying along about all the holes we have up and down the roster, but I seem to remember us doing pretty well last year...

Anyone remember how many we won?

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think the biggest key to our defense this year is the nickel back position. If one of the his we've drafted in the past 4 yard can be an above average nickel the defense will not have a big drop off. Yes Suh was great and Ngata is a step down, but we improved in a lot of other places. (I don't see losing Fairley as much as a loss as he only played half the time and was inconsistent in that half. ) Ngata may be no Suh but he will either command a double team or make you pay for single blocking him. At least the coaches c and front office see Walker as an improvement over Mosley since he is still waiting for a team to call. The return of Tulloch improves two linebacker positions. I expect Ansah to be even better this year. I definitely don't expect a huge dropout in the run game. That is Ngata's strength, and Tulloch is head and shoulders above Whitehead as a run defender. The pass defense may have a drop off due to the loss of Suh and his lightning quick power rush ability,but an improvement at nickel back will really help as that was the big hole in our coverage last year.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think the biggest key to our defense this year is the nickel back position. If one of the his we've drafted in the past 4 yard can be an above average nickel the defense will not have a big drop off. Yes Suh was great and Ngata is a step down, but we improved in a lot of other places. (I don't see losing Fairley as much as a loss as he only played half the time and was inconsistent in that half. ) Ngata may be no Suh but he will either command a double team or make you pay for single blocking him. At least the coaches c and front office see Walker as an improvement over Mosley since he is still waiting for a team to call. The return of Tulloch improves two linebacker positions. I expect Ansah to be even better this year. I definitely don't expect a huge dropout in the run game. That is Ngata's strength, and Tulloch is head and shoulders above Whitehead as a run defender. The pass defense may have a drop off due to the loss of Suh and his lightning quick power rush ability,but an improvement at nickel back will really help as that was the big hole in our coverage last year.

I agree with most of this and Q Diggs may be the guy. We also brought in another guy too to compete with Lawson.

It also looks like we may get Mosely back afterall.

I would not say Tulloch is that much better than Whitehead anymore. We have Bynes as well still. I think our LBs will be improved as well so an upgrade in the back 7 from last year.

Really wish we had a 3rd outside CB we could depend on. Thats the only position on defense I see as thin.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of this and Q Diggs may be the guy. We also brought in another guy too to compete with Lawson.

It also looks like we may get Mosely back afterall.

I would not say Tulloch is that much better than Whitehead anymore. We have Bynes as well still. I think our LBs will be improved as well so an upgrade in the back 7 from last year.

Really wish we had a 3rd outside CB we could depend on. Thats the only position on defense I see as thin.
I would. He was off to an insane start last year before he tore his ACL. He fits this scheme perfectly, and he's a true 3-down backer who can play the run, rush the passer, and cover well.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that we're thin there heading into this season. At least they're working on it, though- Siesay was a developmental guy last season and they drafted Carter this year, so I think we'll have better depth there next season, though. Hopefully Slay and Mathis stay healthy all year...

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pop quiz- how many games did we win last year?
Marinelli.jpg

10105408-large.jpg

Nailed it.
OXZWe.gif
:hammer:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pop quiz- how many games did we win last year? Couldn't have been more than two or three, based on the way a handful of the gals in here are carrying along about all the holes we have up and down the roster, but I seem to remember us doing pretty well last year...

11 vs teams w losing records. 1 vs a team w a winning record, then said team waxed us in the biggest Lions game in over 20 years with the division on the line.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would. He was off to an insane start last year before he tore his ACL. He fits this scheme perfectly, and he's a true 3-down backer who can play the run, rush the passer, and cover well.

And Whitehead developed quite nicely last year while Tully was out of football and Van Noy was not 100%. Bynes filled in for Tully better than most thought and he was not missed much. TBH I think Tully is a question mark until I see him play. Coming off an injury at his age may mean losing a step.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One less than I thought they would, and about 8 more than they'll win this year.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The truth?

"Losing Suh was a massive blow. We need Calvin for 16 games, and not as a decoy. Stafford better improve his accuracy and start finding all his WR's. Ebron needs to catch the ball. Bell needs to stop fumbling. The offensive line can't give up 40 plus sacks again this season. The defense can be good, but the truth is you don't get better losing a player like Suh. The offense needs to be this year, what the defense was last year if we have any hope of returning to the playoffs."

Rob, I know you played organized sports. These are comments that are closed door statements. Any team that ridicules it's own publicly is usually in shambles.

You may hear players themselves talk of what they need to improve on, but a good teammate says nothing about his team in public, unless it is good.

I personally don't get caught up either way with the fluff that gets said by players and the front office. Is it wrong for a player to say we will start 7-1? Why even play the games if he thought they would start 1-7.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Football teams can change season to season. Last year can often have nothing to do with the next. Chiefs going from 2-14 to winning nine straight, and finishing 11-5. Texans winning 12,2,9 in three seasons.
I remember the Lions themselves winning 10 and having a playoff appearance to winning 4 games the next year. 11 wins in 2014 has no bearing on wins 2015 IMO.

Last edited:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A am a little shocked the Vikes are at 7.5 games. Their defense is a top ten unit and should have a top ten rushing attack with AP. Strong defenses and rushing games always produce a lot of wins.
On top of that, Bridgewater has an opportunity to grow in the offseason as a QB.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a lot shocked the mighty Lions are at 8.5

Best WR in the game
Best no.2 WR in the game
QB better than Russell Wilson
Greatest DC in history
Ngata almost good as Suh
Suh not even a top five DT

How is this team not at least at 10?
You must be drinking the Detroit Lions Kool Aid.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wonder how this will correlate for next seasons pop quiz and the 2016 season?