• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC North Over/Unders

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC NORTH
Green Bay Packers, 11 winsOver (Even) / Under (-130)

This, along with Seattle, is the highest win total in the NFL this year. Eleven wins is a TON. You think about all the success for the Packers under Mike McCarthy and Aaron Rodgersbut you probably don't realize they've only won more than 11 games twice. Another two times they've won exactly 11, so it's not like they aren't winning, but 11 is a lot. Of course, look at the schedule this year and if you can see 5 road wins from a team returning its entire offense -- including would-be free agents Randall Cobb and Bryan Bulaga -- and most of the defense then you can feel comfortable taking the over. I see San Francisco, Chicago, Minnesota and Oakland as road wins. Add seven home wins and you just need to snake one somewhere.

Detroit Lions, 8.5 winsOver (+110) / Under (-140)

It has been a transformative offseason for the Lions, even if it has been a relatively quiet one. They lost Ndamukong Suh but acquired Haloti Ngata on a defense that looks questionable, although doubt Teryl Austin's ability to impact that unit at your own risk. The offense appears to be a more run-heavy unit this season. Even with Matthew Stafford andCalvin Johnson on hand, there has been a lot invested into the run game, including a trade to acquire Manny Ramirez and a first-round pick of mauling Duke guard Laken Tomlinson. Oh yeah, and explosive Nebraska back Ameer Abdullah. The Lions even drafted a fullback! It wouldn't stun me if they were this year's Cowboys.

Chicago Bears, 7 winsOver (+120) / Under (-150)

Ryan Pace hasn't been afraid to switch things up in his first year as GM. He shipped out Brandon Marshall, although he replaced the volatile receiver with first-round pick Kevin White, who is going to be a beast next to Alshon Jeffery. Martellus Bennett has contract issues ... and Jay Cutler is still under center. John Fox has a history of flipping teams around in quick fashion but the only defensive line help they really got was Eddie Goldman as Chicago shifts to a 3-4 defense. There are some nice pieces on defense but this is a tough, tough division.

Minnesota Vikings, 7.5 winsOver (-115) / Under (-115)

The Vikings are a big-time playoff sleeper heading into 2015. Mike Zimmer did a nice job with this roster last year and this defense could be in for a huge season. It's stacked with young, impact players at nearly every position and they added Trae Waynes and Eric Kendricks early in the draft. Adrian Peterson is miffed at the team but if he comes out angry it's only going to benefit the offense. Teddy Bridgewater was outstanding down the stretch in 2014 (72.3 completion percentage and 273 yards per game in December) and Charles Johnson/Mike Wallace/Cordarrelle Patterson should be an improved trio over last year's receivers.

Here is a link to the rest of them..... 2015 NFL season over/under win total picks for NFC: Vikings a surprise team - CBSSports.com

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A am a little shocked the Vikes are at 7.5 games. Their defense is a top ten unit and should have a top ten rushing attack with AP. Strong defenses and rushing games always produce a lot of wins.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a cotton picking minute. Lions won 11 games last year, only lost Suh, and the over/under is 8.5??

inconceivable_princess_bride.gif

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A am a little shocked the Vikes are at 7.5 games.

I'm a lot shocked the mighty Lions are at 8.5

Best WR in the game
Best no.2 WR in the game
QB better than Russell Wilson
Greatest DC in history
Ngata almost good as Suh
Suh not even a top five DT

How is this team not at least at 10?

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a lot shocked the mighty Lions are at 8.5

Best WR in the game
Best no.2 WR in the game
QB better than Russell Wilson
Greatest DC in history
Ngata almost good as Suh
Suh not even a top five DT

How is this team not at least at 10?

One Answer....

1411070598000-lions-080614-kd029.jpg

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one constant in all this....

The Bears blow and Vegas agrees.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"... on a defense that looks questionable."

And that's the point where you realize the person who wrote said article really hasn't been paying attention...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure he has been paying attention, just like everyone else. Lions lost their best player, replaced him with an aging PED user, and got no one else in FA. The defense has tons of questions.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to take the under on the Lions, but that would mean I would have to root against them, and I can't do that. But daaaaaaaamn. That's money in the bank.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"... on a defense that looks questionable."

And that's the point where you realize the person who wrote said article really hasn't been paying attention...

Right. Hasn't been paying attention to the kool-aid man.

The only thing not questionable on defense is that we lost Suh's (and others') production. Everything aimed at replacing the production is questionable at this point. Even Ngata, who admits he's struggling with a new role in a different system.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to take the under on the Lions, but that would mean I would have to root against them, and I can't do that. But daaaaaaaamn. That's money in the bank.

You don't have to root against them. You don't root against your turds getting sucked into the ocean by your toilet, do you? It just happens.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure he has been paying attention, just like everyone else. Lions lost their best player, replaced him with an aging PED user, and got no one else in FA. The defense has tons of questions.
Question #1: How awesome will the defense be!?!

All other questions will have no bearing on the over/under.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just hope that Austin is the miracle worker everyone thinks he is.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, he did go 0-8 in interviews with teams looking for a new HC, so that's a confidence builder.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just hope that Austin is the miracle worker everyone thinks he is.
I've got a question for you Thruth.

Are there more questions than there is hope? (Are there as many miracles as there are rainbows?)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he did go 0-8 in interviews with teams looking for a new HC, so that's a confidence builder.
9 times out of ten Michael Jackson got his face slapped. But that tenth time, it was magic!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. Hasn't been paying attention to the kool-aid man.

The only thing not questionable on defense is that we lost Suh's (and others') production. Everything aimed at replacing the production is questionable at this point. Even Ngata, who admits he's struggling with a new role in a different system.
C'mon, some of you guys are such haters it's rediculous. If he had called it a defense "with question marks" then I would have had no qualms, however, we're talking about the #2 defense in the league last year that ranked as one of the top-ten rushing defenses of all time. "Questionable" does not describe the unit we currently have. There are questions, yes, but that does not make it questionable as a whole.

Suh is the shit- best defensive tackle in the league, imo- but some of you guys have to get fucking real. One defensive tackle doesn't drop a defense from historically good to "questionable." You guys can make the kool-aid and homer jokes all you want, but some of your man-love for Suh crosses well into the pathetic and delusional range. He's a great DT, he is not single-handedly a great defense, however...

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got a question for you Thruth.

Are there more questions than there is hope? (Are there as many miracles as there are rainbows?)

My opinion is that there is more questions than hope for the defense. More hope than questions for the offense. But a lot has to go right for either to be a solid unit.