• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC NORTH INJURY REPORT

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong- I love Quin, he's been my guy since I stumbled his eye-popping pass defense statistics the season before he was slated to hit free agency (nobody was more pumped about a FA signing than I was about him- I love the idea of converted CBs at safety in today's NFL), but he sounds pretty fucking crazy on this one.

I'm more deistic than I am truly Christian, but I fully respect people who feel strongly about their respective religion(s), I think that's a completely personal decision. However, I don't think any sort of God gives two shots about anything going on in the NFL. Bigger fish to fry, imo. But that's just my opinion, and his is his, so more power to him.

I'd much rather be discussing our star player maybe being a bit of a religious zealot as opposed to discussing his 4 game suspension for his 2nd DUI, pot arrest, domestic violence, etc. I suppose there's no doubting that Quin is a good dude and a great free safety. He might well be the best one in the game right now, along with Earl Campbell and Eric Weddle, imo...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earl Campbell??? He was hell on free safeties. Had them praying to God when turned the corner.

Now do you mean Earl Thomas?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earl Campbell??? He was hell on free safeties. Had them praying to God when turned the corner.

Now do you mean Earl Thomas?
Haha, yep, Earl Thomas was who I was going for. I'd bet Campbell would have been one helluva an enforcer as a strong safety, though...

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His first mistake was sharing his religious beliefs with the US media. Of course, Packer fan and avid atheist Michael David Smith is shits all over him for it.

Funny thing about Atheists. They are just like religious nuts. Except the opposite side of the coin.

You MUST BELIEVE...... That there is no God.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His first mistake was sharing his religious beliefs with the US media. Of course, Packer fan and avid atheist Michael David Smith is shits all over him for it.
I fucking hate that dude. He used to cover the Lions at one point and time in his career, and the Lions are, apparently, permanently stuck in whatever years he covered them in his mind, because he rags on ever single move they make and makes a big fucking deal about anything he can that is Lions-related.

He's a typical media fucktard, imo.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fucking hate that dude. He used to cover the Lions at one point and time in his career, and the Lions are, apparently, permanently stuck in whatever years he covered them in his mind, because he rags on ever single move they make and makes a big fucking deal about anything he can that is Lions-related.

He's a typical media fucktard, imo.

They're all fucktards at PFT, the TMZ of football reporting. If they aren't writing about Deflategate, they're writing about changing the Redskins name, or using times like this to shit on religious folk. It's a hardcore political website masked as football site.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing about Atheists. They are just like religious nuts. Except the opposite side of the coin.

You MUST BELIEVE...... That there is no God.

I never understood that side either. Why is it so important that there not be a god? I guess there will always be radicals on both sides of everything.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're all fucktards at PFT, the TMZ of football reporting. If they aren't writing about Deflategate, they're writing about changing the Redskins name, or using times like this to shit on religious folk. It's a hardcore political website masked as football site.
Holy shit, we totally agree on something!

I'll admit, though, that I'm still a regular user of their website because I haven't found a format like theirs that has the timely updates that they do. Rotoworld stays on top of the news pretty well, but they give no analysis.

Basically I use PFT like I use Wikipedia- I go there to collect general information and then use more credible sites to get better information that doesn't have the PFT bullshit spin on it. The guy that created the sight is a former lawyer, so that tells you most of what you need to know right there.

I get really sick of all their pet agendas, though. Right now they're on a crusade against training camp fights, suggesting that the league needs to do something about it. Fucking pussies. It's football- grown ass men will fight from time to time when they're battling at practice. It's the nature of the game, but those white collar fucks that are writing about it at PFT never played a down in their lives, so they wouldn't understand that sort of thing at all.

If you want to start a competitive site in the same format without the political agenda bullshit I'm 100% on-board with that...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never understood that side either. Why is it so important that there not be a god? I guess there will always be radicals on both sides of everything.
Yep.

My take is believe what you want to believe, and trust your gut.

I don't think it's right for anyone to tell somebody else that their religious and/or spiritual beliefs are wrong. I don't see why it matters so much to certain groups what other people think and believe?

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randall Cobb leaves tonight's game with a shoulder injury. No update as of yet.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulaga left the game too. GB offense falling apart.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Cobb's injury isn't too serious. His status for week one is in doubt, but definitely doesn't look like a long-term injury...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings place starting center on IR/return

No Sullivan for both of our games against the Vikings. That means they'll be without their starting center, and their starting right tackle, the two best players on a bad o-line, for both of our match-ups.

I think all these trendy picks of the Vikings being a playoff team are bogus because that o-line is horrible!

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings place starting center on IR/return

No Sullivan for both of our games against the Vikings. That means they'll be without their starting center, and their starting right tackle, the two best players on a bad o-line, for both of our match-ups.

I think all these trendy picks of the Vikings being a playoff team are bogus because that o-line is horrible!

Lions made the playoffs with a subpar OL. So it can happen...I don't feel the Vikes have a strong enough defense to compensate as the Lions did last year.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions made the playoffs with a subpar OL. So it can happen...I don't feel the Vikes have a strong enough defense to compensate as the Lions did last year.
That's definitely true, but they're in far worse shape than we were last year on the o-line. Pretty well the worst o-line situation in the league with Sullivan and Loadholt out.