• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East the Cowboys are favored?

Who wins the NFC East?

• Total voters

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my issue with Washington. They beat the Eagles twice, Dallas twice, Bengals, Niners, Steelers. Niners had a backup QB and generally most injured team in the NFL. I think Burrow got injured in the game against Washington. The game against the Steelers was kind of a miracle win for Washington with a lot of clutch plays. That second game the Eagles intentionally tanked. Dallas had Dalton. None of this translates into next year imo.
I have to go with Dallas winning the division with Washington a close second b/c with Dak, Dallas will have the best QB in the division and their defense can only get better from last year (it has nowhere to go but up).

I'll admit that Rivera has done a lot of good on the Skins defense (and they've got a good future as long as Snyder stays out of the way), but you make great points about many of their "big" wins and their season as a whole. In their game against SF, the Niners were missing a third of their starters including their starting QB, All Pro TE, Center, RG, SS, and their 2 best pass rushers.

Sure Washington won the division in 2020, but the NFCE was historically bad last year, and the Skins still barely won it with a record of 7-9. That's just 1 game ahead of the 6-10 NYG and 6-10 Cowboys. While the Skins had the tiebreaker over Dallas b/c they beat the Cowboys twice, the NYG had the tiebreaker over Washington b/c the NYG beat the Skins twice. So, without the Eagles tanking that game, the NYG would've won the division.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to go with Dallas winning the division with Washington a close second b/c with Dak, Dallas will have the best QB in the division and their defense can only get better from last year (it has nowhere to go but up).

I'll admit that Rivera has done a lot of good on the Skins defense, but you make great points about many of their "big" wins and their season as a whole. In their game against SF, the Niners were missing a third of their starters including their starting QB, All Pro TE, Center, RG, SS, and their 2 best pass rushers.

Sure Washington won the division in 2020, but the NFCE was historically bad last year, and the Skins still barely won it with a record of 7-9. That's just 1 game ahead of the 6-10 NYG and 6-10 Cowboys. While the Skins had the tiebreaker over Dallas b/c they beat the Cowboys twice, the NYG had the tiebreaker over Washington b/c the NYG beat the Skins twice. So, without the Eagles tanking that game, the NYG would've won the division.
Yeah, part of my logic for picking the Giants is that the Skins couldn't even beat them last year and now they have Golladay, Barkley, Adorre Jackson, etc. My only real issue with the Giants is that they might have the worst QB in the division and if they do then they'll stall out.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll admit that Rivera has done a lot of good on the Skins defense (and they've got a good future as long as Snyder stays out of the way), but you make great points about many of their "big" wins and their season as a whole. In their game against SF, the Niners were missing a third of their starters including their starting QB, All Pro TE, Center, RG, SS, and their 2 best pass rushers.

You can recap last year all you want. We are talking about 2021. Moving my bias aside, I cant see how the Cowboys are a more complete team than the WFT. Sure a great QB is important but you need a defense to win. Dallas doesn't have the defense WFT does and its not even close. Fitzpatrick doesn't have to light up the score board like Dak would have to every week b/c Fitz plays on the better overall team.

There is tremendous pressure on Dak this year b/c of the contract and they way he went out from last year. plus the pundits are picking Dallas to win the division b/c of him and only him. Which just adds more pressure. Hey its even a longer season this year b/c of the 17th game, so its probably going to be who is the healthiest will prevail.

As a 49ers fan what did you think about the huge risk they took to get Lance? Who is super raw. Its very possible the 49ers dont make the playoffs this year b/c of your division and the huge loss of your defensive coordinator. Plus if they didnt make the huge trade they could of gotten Fields if they stood pat. So the 49ers believed that Lance was worth 3 first round picks and a 3rd over Fields. Explain that one big guy!!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the 49ers would of had to trade with Dallas at #10 to get Fields if they stayed at #12. They would of had to give up a 3rd. So the trade will be judged as was Lance worth 2 firsts over Fields.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can recap last year all you want. We are talking about 2021. Moving my bias aside, I cant see how the Cowboys are a more complete team than the WFT. Sure a great QB is important but you need a defense to win. Dallas doesn't have the defense WFT does and its not even close. Fitzpatrick doesn't have to light up the score board like Dak would have to every week b/c Fitz plays on the better overall team.

There is tremendous pressure on Dak this year b/c of the contract and they way he went out from last year. plus the pundits are picking Dallas to win the division b/c of him and only him. Which just adds more pressure. Hey its even a longer season this year b/c of the 17th game, so its probably going to be who is the healthiest will prevail.
I agree that Washington is a more balanced, complete team, but Dallas is head and shoulders above the rest of the division at the most important position on the field. That, and the "it can only get better" defense they'll have this season, is why I picked them to win the division by a nose over the Skins. I smell where you're coming from, I just disagree with you.

As a 49ers fan what did you think about the huge risk they took to get Lance? Who is super raw. Its very possible the 49ers dont make the playoffs this year b/c of your division and the huge loss of your defensive coordinator. Plus if they didnt make the huge trade they could of gotten Fields if they stood pat. So the 49ers believed that Lance was worth 3 first round picks and a 3rd over Fields. Explain that one big guy!!
So as not to derail this thread, I'll tag you in the Skins forum with my response on this one.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas doesn't have the defense WFT does and its not even close.

Yeah, I'm looking at Dallas' depth chart on defense and I think the only player from their draft that might start right away is Micah Parsons and we're talking about a rookie who took a year off in college. That looks like a bottom 5 secondary especially if Kelvin Joseph takes a year to develop (and he is almost as raw as Parsons and CB is just generally a hard position to learn).

I do think Dak has a ton of support around him. You put Mahomes on that Cowboys team and he'd be expected to win 12+ games even with a bad defense. They do have talent on offense for sure. I'm just not sure that gets it done.

I don't want to make it sound like Dallas did something wrong picking high upside guys in the draft who might not immediately be pro ready. The Skins draft is pretty similar imo. But I do see a Dallas team that like most other teams will struggle if one of two key players go down because their D isn't very good on paper.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm looking at Dallas' depth chart on defense and I think the only player from their draft that might start right away is Micah Parsons and we're talking about a rookie who took a year off in college. That looks like a bottom 5 secondary especially if Kelvin Joseph takes a year to develop (and he is almost as raw as Parsons and CB is just generally a hard position to learn).

I do think Dak has a ton of support around him. You put Mahomes on that Cowboys team and he'd be expected to win 12+ games even with a bad defense. They do have talent on offense for sure. I'm just not sure that gets it done.

I don't want to make it sound like Dallas did something wrong picking high upside guys in the draft who might not immediately be pro ready. The Skins draft is pretty similar imo. But I do see a Dallas team that like most other teams will struggle if one of two key players go down because their D isn't very good on paper.

Exactly that's why I think WFT is the more complete team.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly that's why I think WFT is the more complete team.
Maybe maybe not y’all still need a QB that is the biggest piece of the pie missing on most NFL teams
Y’all’s defense should be good again though

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man you guys don't play in Southie, even the woman mix it up with weapons
Sonny no offense but I will pass on those Southie girls first I could not understand them talk and second no self respecting man wants to admit that his girlfriend just might come out on top in a bar fight and not the on top that is fun either. Just saying
I will stick with a Texas girl in jeans that lets you think your in charge as she moves you to do just what she wants nice n gentle ;)

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe maybe not y’all still need a QB that is the biggest piece of the pie missing on most NFL teams
Y’all’s defense should be good again though

We are a veteran serviceable QB.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sonny no offense but I will pass on those Southie girls first I could not understand them talk and second no self respecting man wants to admit that his girlfriend just might come out on top in a bar fight and not the on top that is fun either. Just saying
I will stick with a Texas girl in jeans that lets you think your in charge as she moves you to do just what she wants nice n gentle ;)
Why don't you find a female Mark Or Donnie Wahlburg with long hair types as attractive? I'm with you, accent is a little tough to get used too, fighting would be secondary

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wouldn't they be? Their offense is still good, if Tyron and Dak can stay healthy.... and they massively upgraded their defense if all their picks can curb their 'jackassery' and stay out of jail.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you find a female Mark Or Donnie Wahlburg with long hair types as attractive? I'm with you, accent is a little tough to get used too, fighting would be secondary
Nope but I will take Donnie’s wife and Marks money and settle on a nice little spread in south east Texas and be just fine. On second thought I’ll just take marks money Donnie’s wife might be high Maintence and I prefer my high Maintence wife to just be bitching cause I forgot to pick up extra beer for the game.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope but I will take Donnie’s wife and Marks money and settle on a nice little spread in south east Texas and be just fine. On second thought I’ll just take marks money Donnie’s wife might be high Maintence and I prefer my high Maintence wife to just be bitching cause I forgot to pick up extra beer for the game.
You can have half of Mark's money if you take Jenny's cousin, Melissa

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How come no one voted for the Eagles?