• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East Predictions

Who will lead the pack in defense?

• Skins

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Boys

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Big Boys

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • American Pride

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, let me ask it this way. If Dallas schedule makes it tough doesn't the same apply to the Eagles, Giants, and Redskins?
The schedules aren't all that different.

Yeah it does apply to the entire NFL East. Thats why I said it but that has nothing to do with what we're discussing

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if they were playing last years schedule then maybe it would not be so ridiculous. They played one of the easiest schedules in the NFL last year. I find it laughable you Cowboy fans are quick to criticize others of homerism type posts and act like anything negative said about the Cowboys is a federal offense.

I think it is flat out ridiculous to think the Cowboys would go 13-3. Yes they are a good team but the other teams around them that pose a threat got better and the Cowboys got worse. The Eagles secondary is no longer the worst in the division. I think that title now belongs to the Cowboys. I am sure you guys will downplay it because the Cowboys have no weaknesses. You are going to be without Zeke a minimum of 4 games IMO and play one of the toughest schedules in the NFL.

I do not know how much the Giants improved from last year but they gave the Cowboys fits. The Eagles are worlds better than they were last year. They have improved most of their weaknesses. Yes the Eagles and Giants have tough schedules as well. Kipp suggested they Cowboys would go 5-1 in the division. Yes....it is possible (very unlikely) but I think 3-3 is more believable (maybe 4-2 but I doubt it). I think Cowboys split with the Eagles and Giants. May sweep the skins but that is not a lock either.

13-3 from a schedule that has Atlanta, Denver, Seattle, Oakland, Kansas City and Green Bay on it.......yeah.....ok.

Well you pounded the schedule in this post pretty hard.

I guess I could make a case the Eagles will only win 5 games because they're not playing that 2016 schedule.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it does apply to the entire NFL East. Thats why I said it but that has nothing to do with what we're discussing
Im pretty sure were discussing the winner of the NFCE and you used the schedule to challenge someones prediction.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you pounded the schedule in this post pretty hard.

I did not. The schedule did not become a big part of this until you kept pushing it. I mentioned the tough schedule as one of the reason the Cowboys would not go 13-3.

So again I ask. Find the post where I said the Cowboys would not go 13-3 only because of their schedule.

I guess I could make a case the Eagles will only win 5 games because they're not playing that 2016 schedule.

I was not debating the Eagles record. I was talking about someone saying the the Cowboys would go 13-3 and gave my reasons why they would not.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe worse was not the correct choice of words. That is why I tried to point out the reason for my assessment. I will say that I do not think they are as talented this year on both sides of the ball as they were last year. More so on the defense. Did did not really take any hits on offense.
That's fair enough, lets call this discussion over.
I will freely admit everything in print can be mis understood.
My take on the NFCE is its any teams division to win.:suds:

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because you brought the schedule up for one team were not suspossed to call out the idiocy of it.

Bringing up the schedule is not that big a deal. I had no problem with that. My problem is that you made the statement that I said the Cowboys would go 13-3 only because of the schedule and I never said that.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im pretty sure were discussing the winner of the NFCE and you used the schedule to challenge someones prediction.

No, we are talking about one person saying its ridiculous to think Dallas will go 13-3. Have you been drinking tonight?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I believe the question was about who would have the best defense.
I didnt vote since I dont understand which team is suppose to be which team in the poll, but I predict the Giants to have the best defense in the east this year.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I believe the question was about who would have the best defense.
I didnt vote since I dont understand which team is suppose to be which team in the poll, but I predict the Giants to have the best defense in the east this year.

Me too but I think Philly has a chance. Barnett is looking like another pass rusher to help hide the poor safety play.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once more. I wish I could slow it down enough for you to understand but you've banked on schedule to take wins from one team while another team with an almost identical schedule will improve?
What fantasy world do you live in?
It's not his fault. I don't think he even understands the discussion at hand and is unable to see the difference between projection, likely scenario and ridiculous. But his comments here the last two weeks have proven his bias against the Cowboys and you can't argue with reason when agenda is what you are really having a discussion with.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants defense is gonna be pretty great

The offense may suck a bag of dicks

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Threads are always better when no one understands what its about. When you leave people to their own devices they get savage.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1... Cowboys
2... Giants
3... Eagles
4... Redskins

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then I'll take the same argument to you. Why is it ridiculous for Dallas to have the same record, but it's not ridiculous for the Eagles to win 3 more games. I've often said you like talking out of both sides of your mouth, maybe it's an Eagle thing.

Because the Eagles were literally four (unlucky) bounces/plays away from being 11 and 5. There were only two games where they were thoroughly outplayed (Cincinatti and Green Bay). And that was with by far the worst WR group in the league, and arguably the worst CB group as well.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too but I think Philly has a chance. Barnett is looking like another pass rusher to help hide the poor safety play.

I hope this is a typo.... you mean poor/suspect CB play. The Eagles last year arguably had the best safety tandem in the league (at least until hideous CB play forced Jenkins to play CB). That safety tandem is still there - and the CB position has been substantially upgraded (on paper at least), almost by default.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the Eagles were literally four (unlucky) bounces/plays away from being 11 and 5. There were only two games where they were thoroughly outplayed (Cincinatti and Green Bay). And that was with by far the worst WR group in the league, and arguably the worst CB group as well.
Four unlucky bounces? Do you mind pointing these out or are you slimply slinging shit in hopes that it sticks. I just checked box scores ang in all their close loses the Eagles outscored their opponent in the 4th qtr minus one game.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Four unlucky bounces? Do you mind pointing these out or are you slimply slinging shit in hopes that it sticks. I just checked box scores ang in all their close loses the Eagles outscored their opponent in the 4th qtr minus one game.

- Missed 2pt conversion (Baltimore game) would have been a winner. Play that normally works against the defense the Eagles faced.

- Detroit fumble by Mathews (if he had held on, Eagles would have kneeled out the clock). And that is despite horrendous officiating affecting the score in favour of Detroit.

- Smallwood fumble, letting Dallas back into the game. No fumble, probably no Dallas comeback.

- Wentz missed pass to Jordan Mathews in the Giants game. Many drops in that regard.

BTW, going 1-6 in games decided by one score or less is unlikely to happen again.

Similar argument made in this article: The Unfortunate Four

The Eagles should actually have been 9-7 or even 10-6 if they had had average luck (based on underlying metrics).

CSN Philly actually comes to five games (four identical, though for the Cowboys game they choose a different play). 5 plays were the difference between 7-9 and 12-4 for Eagles in 2016

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this is a typo.... you mean poor/suspect CB play. The Eagles last year arguably had the best safety tandem in the league (at least until hideous CB play forced Jenkins to play CB). That safety tandem is still there - and the CB position has been substantially upgraded (on paper at least), almost by default.

Yes... thank you. Didnt even notice that.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- Missed 2pt conversion (Baltimore game) would have been a winner. Play that normally works against the defense the Eagles faced.

- Detroit fumble by Mathews (if he had held on, Eagles would have kneeled out the clock). And that is despite horrendous officiating affecting the score in favour of Detroit.

- Smallwood fumble, letting Dallas back into the game. No fumble, probably no Dallas comeback.

- Wentz missed pass to Jordan Mathews in the Giants game. Many drops in that regard.

BTW, going 1-6 in games decided by one score or less is unlikely to happen again.

Similar argument made in this article: The Unfortunate Four

The Eagles should actually have been 9-7 or even 10-6 if they had had average luck (based on underlying metrics).

CSN Philly actually comes to five games (four identical, though for the Cowboys game they choose a different play). 5 plays were the difference between 7-9 and 12-4 for Eagles in 2016
Do you realize many teams can claim a play herr or there is a big difference in their final standings.

That said you Eagle fans have convinced me to switch my NFCE pick to the Eagles.

They were unlucky last year, they improved this year, and the tough schedule will not hinder them.

The NFCE belongs to the Eagles the other three teams can hope and pray for a WC spot.