• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East Predictions

Who will lead the pack in defense?

• Skins

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Boys

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Big Boys

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • American Pride

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, lets go ahead and give it more than one game

In your building

With the other team missing its best offensive player, by a mile

Mmmkay

Did you give us that leeway when Dak was starting game 1 of last year? Nope.

You have Marshall, remember? He is a 1500 yard WR, remember?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything you'd like

@DirtDirtDirt
Want me to pick something out now, or wait until the end of the year?

Marshall through 5 games, 154 yards and won't be getting any more.
Brice Butler through 5 games 207 yards, will probably get more
BONUS: Terrance Williams through 5 games 180 yards, unfortunately will have chance to get more

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of today I would say the Eagles are in the driver seat but that can change in the next few weeks. I looked at the votes and kind of chuckled. IIRC I may be the lone Eagles voter and that was all based on homerism. Being honest I have to say the Cowboys were the favorites going into the season. So I will still stand by that even though I voted as a homer.

The main reason I am sticking with the Cowboys as the favorites is because they still have not played with their entire defense intact. Now going into the season I believed he Cowboys were going to be really bad on defense anyway but I am curious as to how bad they are going to be with their full squad. Not having Sean Lee is crippling IMO.....Nolan Carroll is meh...he was garbage anyway. Trust me.....we Eagles fans have first hand experience on how bad he is.

I felt and for the most part still do believed the Cowboys would win games because they would simply outscore opponents based on how good their offense was. It did not matter how bad their defense would be. I just felt that offensively they were just too good for any team aside from the top defensive teams and there are not many of them out there.

The Eagles have been better defensively than I expected. Now you stat junkies need to take into account everything before point out their 24th ranked defense. In the first game they lost their best corner and they were scrambling after that. Then against the Giants game we lost just about the rest of the secondary as well as arguably two of the best players at their postion (Cox and Hicks). Eagles were dominating up until then. Against the Chargers we were missing 5 defensive starters IIRC. The defense getting healthy played great against the Cardinals (still without Cox)

Don't get it twisted, I am not saying the Eagles are a great defense. Just not as bad as I honestly thought they would be. The secondary is IMO average but have one of the best safeties in Jenkins. The front 7 when healthy is probably the best in the NFL....at a minimum top 3.

So with all of that said. I want to wait until Lee returns and the Cowboys have a healthy defense to really be able to see what they are capable of.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of today I would say the Eagles are in the driver seat but that can change in the next few weeks. I looked at the votes and kind of chuckled. IIRC I may be the lone Eagles voter and that was all based on homerism. Being honest I have to say the Cowboys were the favorites going into the season. So I will still stand by that even though I voted as a homer.

The main reason I am sticking with the Cowboys as the favorites is because they still have not played with their entire defense intact. Now going into the season I believed he Cowboys were going to be really bad on defense anyway but I am curious as to how bad they are going to be with their full squad. Not having Sean Lee is crippling IMO.....Nolan Carroll is meh...he was garbage anyway. Trust me.....we Eagles fans have first hand experience on how bad he is.

I felt and for the most part still do believed the Cowboys would win games because they would simply outscore opponents based on how good their offense was. It did not matter how bad their defense would be. I just felt that offensively they were just too good for any team aside from the top defensive teams and there are not many of them out there.

The Eagles have been better defensively than I expected. Now you stat junkies need to take into account everything before point out their 24th ranked defense. In the first game they lost their best corner and they were scrambling after that. Then against the Giants game we lost just about the rest of the secondary as well as arguably two of the best players at their postion (Cox and Hicks). Eagles were dominating up until then. Against the Chargers we were missing 5 defensive starters IIRC. The defense getting healthy played great against the Cardinals (still without Cox)

Don't get it twisted, I am not saying the Eagles are a great defense. Just not as bad as I honestly thought they would be. The secondary is IMO average but have one of the best safeties in Jenkins. The front 7 when healthy is probably the best in the NFL....at a minimum top 3.

So with all of that said. I want to wait until Lee returns and the Cowboys have a healthy defense to really be able to see what they are capable of.

To be fair, Sean Lee never plays

I think the Sean Lee injury excuse is garbage, it should be news when he actually does play

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the Sean Lee injury excuse is garbage, it should be news when he actually does play

LOL.....you may have a point. However.....I think Sean Lee is a very good LB. Wanted to take everyting into account I am not impressed by the Cowboys to be honest but I am not ready to write them off after 5 weeks.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.....you may have a point. However.....I think Sean Lee is a very good LB. Wanted to take everyting into account I am not impressed by the Cowboys to be honest but I am not ready to write them off after 5 weeks.

Agreed, true impact player, but as some point, Sean lee not playing is like "yeah, of course"

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lee's health is troublesome, but he's not hurt nearly as much as you are alluding to.
I'll admit on the sideline he's no help, but he's a key piece on the field.
My concern was making it trough the 1st four games of suspensions. The D is now full and I expect Lee back after the bye.
No more excuses in my opinion. Time to put up or shut.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read some where yesterday that Smith is still not 100% in Dallas either....That he's limited on certain plays....

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read some where yesterday that Smith is still not 100% in Dallas either....That he's limited on certain plays....

He's another constantly listed on the injury list. I think his career will not be as long as most top tier OLmen.