• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East Predictions

Who will lead the pack in defense?

• Skins

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Boys

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Big Boys

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • American Pride

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at 5 plays

professionals on both sidelines and most teams can play the woulda, coulda, shoulda game

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- Missed 2pt conversion (Baltimore game) would have been a winner. Play that normally works against the defense the Eagles faced.

I liked the call even though it led to a loss. We were out of the playoffs so why not!

- Detroit fumble by Mathews (if he had held on, Eagles would have kneeled out the clock). And that is despite horrendous officiating affecting the score in favour of Detroit.

Not only that. An Eagles player was out of bounds touching the ball so it should have been Eagles ball and not a fumble. I always hated conspiracy theorists until I saw that game. If you include the yards that were taken away on phantom call we would have had 300 more yards in that game. Literally 550 yards to 250 and lose. Incredible. What was it... 18 penalties to 3 (I thnk). Two TD's taken away on phantom calls.

- Smallwood fumble, letting Dallas back into the game. No fumble, probably no Dallas comeback.

Again... we were in FG range to seal the game and the coach calls a negative 7 yard screen AND decides to punt instead of taking the game winning FG from where our K had all ready made one. Literally kneel on the ball and kick the game winning FG.

- Wentz missed pass to Jordan Mathews in the Giants game. Many drops in that regard.

Drop after drop after drop after drop. Lead the league in drops. Hopefully thats history with the huge upgrade at WR.

BTW, going 1-6 in games decided by one score or less is unlikely to happen again.

Similar argument made in this article: The Unfortunate Four

The Eagles should actually have been 9-7 or even 10-6 if they had had average luck (based on underlying metrics).

CSN Philly actually comes to five games (four identical, though for the Cowboys game they choose a different play). 5 plays were the difference between 7-9 and 12-4 for Eagles in 2016

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got problems... Brian Baldinger reporting that Lael Collins has been dominating and is a massive upgrade for Dallas at RT. Man that line is devastating and young. Hate to admit this but I drafted Zeek and McFadden in my money league.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is neither the Eagles or the Skins are sniffing first place in this division.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go again with your Eagles hate.
Start a poll about who wins the NFC East and I guarantee you the Eagles finish third or forth by a wide margin. But that would just be Eagle hate from everyone.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start a poll about who wins the NFC East and I guarantee you the Eagles finish third or forth by a wide margin. But that would just be Eagle hate from everyone.

We all ready did and they didnt.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really. I think a lot of people think Philly could contend for a wild card spot. What's your prediction? I have:

Dallas
Philly
NYG
Skins

I think all teams have a shot

Although I'd rank them
Dallas
NY
Philly
Wash

Now where's this poll that has the Eagles finishing better than 3rd?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all teams have a shot

Although I'd rank them
Dallas
NY
Philly
Wash

Now where's this poll that has the Eagles finishing better than 3rd?

Each has their problems:

Dallas- its defense
NYG - its offense (mainly Eli)
Philly - WR, OL, Wentz pressure
Wash - Cousins debacle, lack of weapons on offense or defense

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each has their problems:

Dallas- its defense
NYG - its offense (mainly Eli)
Philly - WR, OL, Wentz pressure
Wash - Cousins debacle, lack of weapons on offense or defense

Dallas' D is pretty much a lock to be awful

Giants O is loaded so that one is up in the air

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas' D is pretty much a lock to be awful

Giants O is loaded so that one is up in the air

I've heard the Dallas D will be awful for the last 3 years. They aren't good, but serviceable so far.

Giants O all depends on the ability of finding someone that can play RB and not fumble, and for dumb face to be able to get the ball to a receiver.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- Missed 2pt conversion (Baltimore game) would have been a winner. Play that normally works against the defense the Eagles faced.

- Detroit fumble by Mathews (if he had held on, Eagles would have kneeled out the clock). And that is despite horrendous officiating affecting the score in favour of Detroit.

- Smallwood fumble, letting Dallas back into the game. No fumble, probably no Dallas comeback.

- Wentz missed pass to Jordan Mathews in the Giants game. Many drops in that regard.

BTW, going 1-6 in games decided by one score or less is unlikely to happen again.

Similar argument made in this article: The Unfortunate Four

The Eagles should actually have been 9-7 or even 10-6 if they had had average luck (based on underlying metrics).

CSN Philly actually comes to five games (four identical, though for the Cowboys game they choose a different play). 5 plays were the difference between 7-9 and 12-4 for Eagles in 2016
Oooh...I didn't know we got to play this game in sports.

T Will doesn't get out of bounds week 1.
Dez 4th Qtr fumble week 14
Bam...15-1 baby. Put it in the books...Heck, wipe out the pass from Rodgers to Cook and maybe we win the SB:thumb:

Also, it works both ways. If the Eagles don't pick Eli off late at the end of the year and instead throws a TD you probably lose that game. Thanks for that though and the division it clinched us...and by the way since it allowed us to not care about week 17, I guess that one play could have led to 2 extra losses for Philly not one.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll disagree. First few games possibly, but the D is going to be much better than your suggesting.

We shall see

I hear their secondary is just brutal, and I don't think they are all that special rushing the passer

Bad recipe in today's NFL

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oooh...I didn't know we got to play this game in sports.

T Will doesn't get out of bounds week 1.
Dez 4th Qtr fumble week 14
Bam...15-1 baby. Put it in the books...Heck, wipe out the pass from Rodgers to Cook and maybe we win the SB:thumb:

Also, it works both ways. If the Eagles don't pick Eli off late at the end of the year and instead throws a TD you probably lose that game. Thanks for that though and the division it clinched us...and by the way since it allowed us to not care about week 17, I guess that one play could have led to 2 extra losses for Philly not one.

Good point. But the Eagles did suffer a ton of close ones. If Williams went straight out it would have been a 70 yard FG.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. But the Eagles did suffer a ton of close ones. If Williams went straight out it would have been a 70 yard FG.

It would have been another play, that's the important part.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Closer to 63 with 18 seconds and a stopped clock. Of course there are those who blamed Daz for the loss.