• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East camp updates!

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I explained it to you already. We don’t know how they graded out their draft board. What if they gave Goedert a top 10 pick in the draft value and didn’t have one CB in the top 50. Their pick comes up and still on the board is a guy they thought was worth a top 10 pick and no CB they liked that high.

You’re style of drafting selects Sam Bowie with the 2nd pick in the draft. My style is taking Michael Jordan. The best teams draft best player. The worst teams draft for need

First off, NFL and NBA drafting are two completely different things. Obviously everybody would draft Jordan over Bowie since we already know the outcome of their careers.

Second, Either Howie is a total dope for ignoring a major problem or the scouts are really bad at their jobs if they believe that not one CB is in their top 50 considering how bad they are. That Donte Jackson kid who Carolina drafted after the Eagles would look pretty good in an Eagle uni. Tampa Drafted a kid that started out well before he got hurt. Now looking at TE after Goddert, the Andrews kid in Baltimore looks solid. Yes the Eagles didn't have a third but Howie likes to wheel and deal so he could have jumped in and selected him.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I continue to believe Goedert is going to be really good. He is a second year player who missed time to start the season due to injury. He scored last week and made some very good blocks in the running game. I am going to laugh if he blows up against the Cowboys later this season.

I don't think anybody said he's going to be a bust, and I think he can be good but the point of this is what's more important. A TE2 or a CB for instant help in a shambled back field.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What started out as "centers don't get drafted in 1st round"

to

"centers don't get drafted in top 20"

to

"centers don't get drafted in top 15"

to

"centers don't get drafted in top 10"

DUrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They seldom do but there have been TEs drafted in the top 10 over the last 50 years. Well every starting position has been selected in the top 10 over the last 50 years... except 1

Yes TEs have been drafted high, when teams don't have a true starting TE, now when was a TE drafted when a team already had a PRO BOWL TE on the roster?

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I continue to believe Goedert is going to be really good. He is a second year player who missed time to start the season due to injury. He scored last week and made some very good blocks in the running game. I am going to laugh if he blows up against the Cowboys later this season.

But if he doesn’t “blow up” and we bring it up will you whine about us pointing out what you said?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too think he's very good, just that Philly didn't need him.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, NFL and NBA drafting are two completely different things. Obviously everybody would draft Jordan over Bowie since we already know the outcome of their careers.

Second, Either Howie is a total dope for ignoring a major problem or the scouts are really bad at their jobs if they believe that not one CB is in their top 50 considering how bad they are. That Donte Jackson kid who Carolina drafted after the Eagles would look pretty good in an Eagle uni. Tampa Drafted a kid that started out well before he got hurt. Now looking at TE after Goddert, the Andrews kid in Baltimore looks solid. Yes the Eagles didn't have a third but Howie likes to wheel and deal so he could have jumped in and selected him.

Personally I believe the Eagles were thinking they were outsmarting the Cowboys, and only drafted Goedert so Dallas couldn't.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I believe the Eagles were thinking they were outsmarting the Cowboys, and only drafted Goedert so Dallas couldn't.

They certainly acted that way.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If that's truly the case than shame on the Eagles FO. Dallas shouldn't even be on their radar when pressing issues on defense takes center stage and how to fix them.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So they run a two TE set and sometimes 3. Their #2 retired, their #3 got a big money FA deal and the ONLY reason they picked him is because they thought Dallas wanted him. Jesus H Christ bro. Do you even understand what how ridiculous that sounds?
The Eagles needed a good TE. They had just lost two and needed one bad. Obviously they were sky high on him and were scared Dallas might grab him because they needed a TE too.

Do you really think the Eagles management on draft day said, “Well fuck, we really need to fix some holes. We don’t have a 1st or a 3rd so let’s blow our entire draft just to fuck with Dallas and take a player we don’t even need.”

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anybody said he's going to be a bust, and I think he can be good but the point of this is what's more important. A TE2 or a CB for instant help in a shambled back field.

It was already explained to you that they traded for a CB that got hurt and just selected a CB that was a sure fire top 20 pick in Sydney Jones who sat that season and was coming back. They recently had just drafted a bunch of others. Sidney Jones looks to be a bust but they used plenty of resources on CB. I’m sure they thought they were in a good spot with the Sidney Jones pick but it didn’t work.
Football and basketball are very similar in the fact that the best teams draft best player and don’t reach for need. I’m stupefied you never heard that before. But you don’t know if they were sky high on Goedert and would have taken him if they kept their first. Neither of us know their draft board and quite possibly they didn’t like anyone available.
And as you were told before. We were getting a guy back from injury and had a projected top pick and 2nd ranked CB in the draft coming.
It’s hilarious on the Hoop how criticized the Eagles are and were yards away from winning their 5th playoff game and possibly more in the last 2 seasons. And the biggest reason for the horrible play is their top 4 corner backs are all hurt.