• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East camp updates!

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong

Wrong again

I posted 3 or 4 times my post that said, “Center rarely get drafted in the first. Only 3 have been taken in the last 5 years”. Showed it to you at least 3 times. That’s why I’m not going to search for the post where I said, “When some fat, pimply, slow kid with no athletic ability tries out for the HS team the coaches immediately send him to Center”. But, again, I could find it, show you and you’d still ignore it.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brent Celek retired and Trey Burton left in free agency after getting a large contract. Tell me, why didn't Philly need a TE when they drafted Goedert?

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brent Celek retired and Trey Burton left in free agency after getting a large contract. Tell me, why didn't Philly need a TE when they drafted Goedert?

Did they need to draft a blocking TE in the second round... or did they have more pressing needs?

Try and keep up dipshit

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the hill you want to die on, huh. This discussion has officially become idiotic when you guys are debating what round Philly should have taken its backup TE.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the hill you want to die on, huh. This discussion has officially become idiotic when you guys are debating what round Philly should have taken its backup TE.
Your lack of depth at key positions shows it isn't an idiotic conversation. Your team used a premium pick on a luxury position, backup TE to one of the best in the game, and ignored their more pressing needs. The pick was done in order to screw with the Cowboys, who had no intentions of getting him anyways. We got a stud starting OLman. Like you should have done.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are that in your head, that you are sitting around thinking about our draft pick decisions?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I continue to believe Goedert is going to be really good. He is a second year player who missed time to start the season due to injury. He scored last week and made some very good blocks in the running game. I am going to laugh if he blows up against the Cowboys later this season.
Now you seem to have infused yourself into the 5 pages of Goedert commentary that you were so appalled by :L
Like most of your posts this doesn't make any sense. Fist off it isn't just Cowboy fans in the discussion and who said he isn't capable of doing that? I think you would get more of an "I told you so" on here in this particular discussion if Goedert played CB against the Cowboys and shut down Cooper and Gallup.

Personally I like Goedert a lot and think he is already a good player and will get better. It's just that he wasn't already an elite, dominant player last year as one Eagles fan seemed to allude to. His numbers won't likely show to his talent level this year either because of Ertz and all of your other receiving options and the reason I mentioned a month ago and Eagles fans now seem to be all in on. You need him to block (and he is damn good at it) so that will impact his receiving numbers at least a little. Why you don't run him up the seam more against cover 2 I don't understand.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was already explained to you that they traded for a CB that got hurt and just selected a CB that was a sure fire top 20 pick in Sydney Jones who sat that season and was coming back. They recently had just drafted a bunch of others. Sidney Jones looks to be a bust but they used plenty of resources on CB. I’m sure they thought they were in a good spot with the Sidney Jones pick but it didn’t work.
Football and basketball are very similar in the fact that the best teams draft best player and don’t reach for need. I’m stupefied you never heard that before. But you don’t know if they were sky high on Goedert and would have taken him if they kept their first. Neither of us know their draft board and quite possibly they didn’t like anyone available.
And as you were told before. We were getting a guy back from injury and had a projected top pick and 2nd ranked CB in the draft coming.
It’s hilarious on the Hoop how criticized the Eagles are and were yards away from winning their 5th playoff game and possibly more in the last 2 seasons. And the biggest reason for the horrible play is their top 4 corner backs are all hurt.

So they run a two TE set and sometimes 3. Their #2 retired, their #3 got a big money FA deal and the ONLY reason they picked him is because they thought Dallas wanted him. Jesus H Christ bro. Do you even understand what how ridiculous that sounds?
The Eagles needed a good TE. They had just lost two and needed one bad. Obviously they were sky high on him and were scared Dallas might grab him because they needed a TE too.

Do you really think the Eagles management on draft day said, “Well fuck, we really need to fix some holes. We don’t have a 1st or a 3rd so let’s blow our entire draft just to fuck with Dallas and take a player we don’t even need.”
I'm a little confused. It seemed for weeks and even in the first paragraph of post one where you discuss how they didn't think they needed a CB and in post 2 where you talk about how badly they needed a TE that you have been saying one of the reasons they drafted him was because TE is important to them and they run a lot of 2 TE sets and thus they drafted for need. Now you seem to be saying the opposite and that he was just BPA? Or are you saying that the best GMs draft BPA but Howie drafts for need? I'm confused :scratch:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted 3 or 4 times my post that said, “Center rarely get drafted in the first. Only 3 have been taken in the last 5 years”. Showed it to you at least 3 times. That’s why I’m not going to search for the post where I said, “When some fat, pimply, slow kid with no athletic ability tries out for the HS team the coaches immediately send him to Center”. But, again, I could find it, show you and you’d still ignore it.
It's as if you never watched HS Football...
This is the same mentality that thinks HS baseball teams do this with Catchers and First Baseman just because it may have been that way in pee wee league. Maybe shitty teams or teams without enough players do this, but certainly not good teams.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the same mentality that thinks HS baseball teams do this with Catchers and First Baseman just because it may have been that way in pee wee league. Maybe shitty teams or teams without enough players do this, but certainly not good teams.
He watched Little Giants.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I bet if I went on a site that ranked the top 5 star recruit high school football players none of the top 100 would be a Center. Not positive but I’d bet. Center to me is just like Steve Nash having more MVPs then fucking Kobe Bryant

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little confused. It seemed for weeks and even in the first paragraph of post one where you discuss how they didn't think they needed a CB and in post 2 where you talk about how badly they needed a TE that you have been saying one of the reasons they drafted him was because TE is important to them and they run a lot of 2 TE sets and thus they drafted for need. Now you seem to be saying the opposite and that he was just BPA? Or are you saying that the best GMs draft BPA but Howie drafts for need? I'm confused :scratch:

You’re right. I’m saying he was a need pick and BPA

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you seem to have infused yourself into the 5 pages of Goedert commentary that you were so appalled by :L
Like most of your posts this doesn't make any sense. Fist off it isn't just Cowboy fans in the discussion and who said he isn't capable of doing that? I think you would get more of an "I told you so" on here in this particular discussion if Goedert played CB against the Cowboys and shut down Cooper and Gallup.

Personally I like Goedert a lot and think he is already a good player and will get better. It's just that he wasn't already an elite, dominant player last year as one Eagles fan seemed to allude to. His numbers won't likely show to his talent level this year either because of Ertz and all of your other receiving options and the reason I mentioned a month ago and Eagles fans now seem to be all in on. You need him to block (and he is damn good at it) so that will impact his receiving numbers at least a little. Why you don't run him up the seam more against cover 2 I don't understand.

I didnt say he was an elite dominant player. Yet another Cowboy fan making up stuff I didn’t say. I said he has the potential to be that.
Day after day you Cowboy fans just make up shit I never said.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your lack of depth at key positions shows it isn't an idiotic conversation. Your team used a premium pick on a luxury position, backup TE to one of the best in the game, and ignored their more pressing needs. The pick was done in order to screw with the Cowboys, who had no intentions of getting him anyways. We got a stud starting OLman. Like you should have done.

Where do we have a lack of depth. Where does Dallas have a lack of depth.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet if I went on a site that ranked the top 5 star recruit high school football players none of the top 100 would be a Center. Not positive but I’d bet. Center to me is just like Steve Nash having more MVPs then fucking Kobe Bryant
I doubt anyone that voted for Steve Nash for MVP would say he was a better player than Kobe for their careers, just that he deserved the MVP those particular years in their opinion.

Steve Nash was a darn good player that did a lot of little things to help his team win. Sometimes those that only watch highlights and get their sports knowledge from ESPN marketing clips and look only at the high profile stats don't really understand the game beyond some of the flashy plays and don't see all of what helps teams to win. I suspect the same people don't see the value in Centers because it isn't sexy to watch a center tell his OT or OG to watch for a blitz that prevents his QB from being sacked or get a 6 inch push on a 350lbs NT on 4th and inches for a QB sneak.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt say he was an elite dominant player. Yet another Cowboy fan making up stuff I didn’t say. I said he has the potential to be that.
Day after day you Cowboy fans just make up shit I never said.
Oh really? Want to play it that way? Let's go to the videotape...
Question: Do you know what "seemed to allude to" means? Do you know it doesn't mean the same as "stated".

To be clearer, I will change my comment from an Eagle fan seemed to allude to him being an elite dominant player which is kind of a softer way of saying it, to Eagles fan @PhoenixEagles1 100% STATED that he is already "a complete stud" and that "already articles in Philly are asking if he is better than Ertz" and that he is a "special TE" an "emerging star" and an "excellent te".

Boy, did I overstate your comments on him :L
Don't lump me in with other people. I don't make shit up like you

He is a complete stud, is waaaaay better then who you drafted and you also need a TE. I saw some mocks having him a 1st round pick. Why are you tumbling into the lying. That kid is gonna be a star

Not hardly but Dallas Goedert is gonna be a top TE in this league. Already articles in Philly asking if he’s better then Ertz.
Why is everything an issue with you. Why do u start shit every single day. We have and will draft our share of busts. But Ford saying we reached for a 3rd or 4th rounder is not true. Not only that he’s gonna be really fucking good.

Would you rather have a mediocre Guard or a special TE? Watch what he does this year. He’s an emerging star that is more then a backup. He will be on the field a lot this year. I don’t know how you can claim victory after your draft pick looking pretty poor year one. Can he get better? Sure but Goedert is the much better player.

We are searching for OLine help? What? We are stacked especially at Tackle. But keep telling me you’d rather have a mediocre Guard over an excellent TE. We are absolutely not looking for OLine help.