• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East camp updates!

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The eagles forgot what won them a SB. That was obvious. After they won they were all about trolling. They were so excited to troll the cowboys at the draft they missed the boat. They also trolled the patriots at the parade. You do that when you think you are far and away the better team. They found out the hard way last year that they were not.

Worst SB hangover ever.

Infinitely better than never having experienced that kind of hangover before.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I do know is you claimed Goedert to be great, then moved that claim to being a blocker.
What fool drafts a blocking TE in the 2nd? Teams find Blocking TEs in the 5th through UDFAs.

Excellent point. The biggest need was in the secondary so Goddert who might be a really good player was not the right pick considering more pressing issues.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints sold out to stop Dak and the passing offense. So not horrible Dallas couldn't throw better, but completely horrible they couldn't run better. This is kind of shocking and a bad sign.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints sold out to stop Dak and the passing offense. So not horrible Dallas couldn't throw better, but completely horrible they couldn't run better. This is kind of shocking and a bad sign.

I think down and distance may also tell story about the running game. Looking at the play by play the Cowboys had 10 rushes on 1st down and 5 rushes on 2nd down and those rushes were 2nd and 5 or less. They had 10 second down plays of 2nd and 7 or more and they passed on 9 of those downs and one running play. They were forced into a lot of second and long situations which almost forced the hand to pass.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think down and distance may also tell story about the running game. Looking at the play by play the Cowboys had 10 rushes on 1st down and 5 rushes on 2nd down and those rushes were 2nd and 5 or less. They had 10 second down plays of 2nd and 7 or more and they passed on 9 of those downs and one running play. They were forced into a lot of second and long situations which almost forced the hand to pass.

There were actually 7 rushes on 2nd down. There was one rush attempt at 2nd and 7 and I missed one rush by Austin on 2nd down.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So pretty much what happens to every team every week? :noidea:
Point is NO did not commit guys to stop the run and were also in cover two a lot of the time when I could see the safeties so they were worried about the pass and stopped that which is understandable. What is not fine is they stopped the run without even stacking the box.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't drop it. I said and still say, you claimed Goedert was an excellent STARTING TE, and now that he's not putting up numbers you say he's really a blocking TE.

If you recall on draft day I said drafting him with Ertz on the roster was unwise as he won't get many opportunities to get catches.

Where in the importance line do you rank Blocking TE?

I didn’t say “He’s really a blocking TE.” I said he’s missed for the most part two games and slowed the other 2. I said cause our OLine is struggling he has been asked to block more.
We run a two TE set. Celek retired and we lost another really good TE in FA. The pick was needed and he is immensely talented. How that is “moving the goalposts” I’ll never know.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The eagles forgot what won them a SB. That was obvious. After they won they were all about trolling. They were so excited to troll the cowboys at the draft they missed the boat. They also trolled the patriots at the parade. You do that when you think you are far and away the better team. They found out the hard way last year that they were not.

Worst SB hangover ever.

Worst SB hangover ever is making the playoffs, winning a playoff game and coming with 15 yards of going back to the NFC Championship. Yeah, real SB hangover.
Do you even think before you write?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent point. The biggest need was in the secondary so Goddert who might be a really good player was not the right pick considering more pressing issues.

I strongly disagree. Stupid teams blow picks drafting for need. Good teams select best players. What if you were a GM and the number one guy one your board was Goedert and the best remaining CB was 27th. Would you take the CB? I wouldn’t and everyone is forgetting the run primarily 2 TE set and they just lost Celek to retirement and Trey Burton to FA. It was a need pick too.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I do know is you claimed Goedert to be great, then moved that claim to being a blocker.
What fool drafts a blocking TE in the 2nd? Teams find Blocking TEs in the 5th through UDFAs.

I didn’t move that claim. Could you stop making shit up I never said. I think he has the potential to be a top 5 TE in the league. Why do you constantly make shit up.
I remember people saying it was stupid to draft Fredricks in the 1st. Boy were they wrong. The guy is coming into his 2nd year and has been hurt all season. He can run, really nice hands and is a great blocker. He is a hell of a lot better then just a blocking TE but the Eagles need him to fill a roll until Brooks gets rolling again and the line plays like it should.
But I know. Philly is stupid and Dallas are the geniuses.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
use the multi-quote feature, dumbass. You don't need five different posts with five different sets of goalposts moved.

Derp

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst SB hangover ever is making the playoffs, winning a playoff game and coming with 15 yards of going back to the NFC Championship. Yeah, real SB hangover.
Do you even think before you write?

With the backup QB who the team let’s walk away.

Yup... I do

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t say “He’s really a blocking TE.” I said he’s missed for the most part two games and slowed the other 2. I said cause our OLine is struggling he has been asked to block more.
We run a two TE set. Celek retired and we lost another really good TE in FA. The pick was needed and he is immensely talented. How that is “moving the goalposts” I’ll never know.

Did you not claim the reason he's not getting catches is because he's used more for blocking?

As for replacing Celek you all didn't need to us a 2nd round pick to do so as Celek wasn't putting up great numbers his last couple of seasons. 27 catches on 42 targets is as I said earlier 5th ed to UDFA level production.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you not claim the reason he's not getting catches is because he's used more for blocking?

As for replacing Celek you all didn't need to us a 2nd round pick to do so as Celek wasn't putting up great numbers his last couple of seasons. 27 catches on 42 targets is as I said earlier 5th ed to UDFA level production.

Hahaha.

It never ends... he is defending the decision to use a second round pick (their first in the draft) on a guy with a handful of catches.

Laughable.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So pretty much what happens to every team every week? :noidea:
Point is NO did not commit guys to stop the run and were also in cover two a lot of the time when I could see the safeties so they were worried about the pass and stopped that which is understandable. What is not fine is they stopped the run without even stacking the box.

I see your point. Not everyone has as good a D-line as the Saints. I honestly had no idea they were that good until watching the game. They were very effective. If the Cowboys cannot run on first down it can be a problem going forward. Too soon to tell though.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some Cowboys fans complain Philly fans spend too much time talking about their team. Meanwhile we have threads where Cowboys fans are going on for pages about the worth of #2 Philly TE Dallas Goedert.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some Cowboys fans complain Philly fans spend too much time talking about their team. Meanwhile we have threads where Cowboys fans are going on for pages about the worth of #2 Philly TE Dallas Goedert.

Cowboys fans or philly fans defending the pick?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point. Not everyone has as good a D-line as the Saints. I honestly had no idea they were that good until watching the game. They were very effective. If the Cowboys cannot run on first down it can be a problem going forward. Too soon to tell though.
I'm banking on it was exactly that; a good Saints DL (I wonder if Cowboys win if Rankins wasn't back) and a hyped up crowd and emotions and a tough road matchup. It's very similar to what the Rams did to us in the playoff game. I agree that if the Cowboys can't run on 1st down it would be a problem but I suspect that will change. I also wish they would have realiized what was happening and maybe tried to run outside more or do friggin something different at least. All night I was saying they need to spread the defense out, go 4 wide and no huddle and just throw constantly until the run defense softens up more. Year after year we run into the teeth of the DL over and over again. Usually it works so no issue, but when it doesn't you have to change things up. Plus you have a backup RB who excels in space, so use him in games like this.

None of the above will worry me if we turn things around against GB. But, after watching Philly run all over them, if we can't our new OC better show that he change things up a little. I also think Cooper was playing hurt. He just didn't look fast or crisp or like himself and with Gallup also out that hurts our ability to beat one on one matchups. We should have thrown down the field to Smith more. If nothing else it opens up the defense. I suspect it's chalked up as a learning experience and doesn't become the norm.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm banking on it was exactly that; a good Saints DL (I wonder if Cowboys win if Rankins wasn't back) and a hyped up crowd and emotions and a tough road matchup. It's very similar to what the Rams did to us in the playoff game. I agree that if the Cowboys can't run on 1st down it would be a problem but I suspect that will change. I also wish they would have realiized what was happening and maybe tried to run outside more or do friggin something different at least. All night I was saying they need to spread the defense out, go 4 wide and no huddle and just throw constantly until the run defense softens up more. Year after year we run into the teeth of the DL over and over again. Usually it works so no issue, but when it doesn't you have to change things up. Plus you have a backup RB who excels in space, so use him in games like this.

None of the above will worry me if we turn things around against GB. But, after watching Philly run all over them, if we can't our new OC better show that he change things up a little. I also think Cooper was playing hurt. He just didn't look fast or crisp or like himself and with Gallup also out that hurts our ability to beat one on one matchups. We should have thrown down the field to Smith more. If nothing else it opens up the defense. I suspect it's chalked up as a learning experience and doesn't become the norm.

Kellen Moore was and may very well still be flavor of the month but against the Saints he got a wake up call. Sure....the Skins, Giants and Dolphins are bad teams but they are still NFL teams. The Cowboys being a good team did what they were supposed to be and that is demolish them. Did it make them overrated maybe so..... but I still maintain the Cowboys are a good football team and capable of beating any team on any given Sunday.

There is now 4 games worth of film on Kellen Moore's offense. Good defensive coordinators are going to come up with plans to stop what works best for the Cowboys. For the first 3 weeks that was running the ball and throwing with play action passes. The Cowboys seemed unstoppable when it all worked. One bad game is not enough to say they will struggle the rest of the year. You are right though about the Packers game. I think they are going to be a litmus test for the Cowboys. If they sell out to stop the run and the Cowboys struggle they are going to have major problems against teams that can stop the run without loading the box.

How far the Cowboys go could very well depend on how good (or bad) an offensive coordinator Kellen Moore is. Right now his deficiencies could be hidden behind a very talented offensive team. He is an coordinator with only one year of coaching experience as a QB coach before getting the Cowboys OC position. I thought the Cowboys lost their minds when they hired him. There are some seriously good defensive minds out there that could cause him fits. I still think the Cowboys have a good shot at the East. The Giants and Skins are non-contenders. If the Eagles don't get some decent cornerbacks we are not going to be much of a problem either.