• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC Championship Game Week Thread

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only right to have one on here for this game as well.

San Fran coming into hostile territory to take on Seahawks and the 12th man. Battle of two NFC West rivals.

Who do you think wins the game?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a great game. Tough to call. I give the edge to Seattle, since it's at their place and they've handled SF by wide margins the last two games there. Still wouldn't be too surprised to see SF break that little streak, though. AZ won at Seattle a few weeks ago and SF won at Carolina last week. No reason to think that SF isn't capable of winning at Seattle.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be loud and exciting there in Seattle! The atmosphere is going to be crazy, can see it already. I wonder what the weather is going to look like there?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be loud and exciting there in Seattle! The atmosphere is going to be crazy, can see it already. I wonder what the weather is going to look like there?[/QUOTE]

Someone posted that it will be typical Seattle weather for this time of the year: chilly and drizzling.

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weather Underground is saying about 50 degrees at kickoff, 10% chance of rain, winds at five miles an hour.

Perfect weather for football.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weather Underground is saying about 50 degrees at kickoff, 10% chance of rain, winds at five miles an hour.

Crazy that is about the weather in Denver for the game as well just a little warmer. So thankfully nobody will have the weather argument come Monday.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be loud and exciting there in Seattle! The atmosphere is going to be crazy, can see it already. I wonder what the weather is going to look like there?[/QUOTE]

Someone posted that it will be typical Seattle weather for this time of the year: chilly and drizzling.

That's not bad at all.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The winner of the trenches will dictate the game IMO.... among other factors the OL vs DL battles to come is going to play a big factor in deciding the outcome.

For me if my OL can hold off the panthers pass rush, they are ready for the seahawks in seattle. Thats something going unnotice by fans n panel "experts" even though we're in day 2 of the week. Good for me, cuz our OL has been playing the best on the offensive unit.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is gonna be the NFC's version of Steelers-Ravens for years to come. I think at this point no smack talk or anything is really needed. Despite the hatred between both teams and both fan bases I think there is a level of mutual respect. Both teams/fan bases recognize that the opposing team is a legitimate superbowl contender.

It's really tough to make a call for this game, because on one hand the 49ers are red hot. I have to say I am really impressed with their 8 game winning streak. This hasn't been some soft schedule winning streak, they've beat almost every top nfc team along the way (Seattle, Arizona, Green Bay, Carolina) and 3/4 of those games were on the road.

However, on the other hand the Seahawks defense has been playing out of their mind. Over the past 6 games they've only allowed 10 ppg. That number is even more impressive considering how bad and inept the offense has been. On average when the Seahawks offense is moving the ball, opposing teams only get 10 possessions a game. During this 6 game stretch Seahawks have allowed 12-15 possessions every game.

At the end of the day I will give the slight edge to the Seahawks, because of the home field advantage. I feel like if the defense can capitalize on turnover opportunities like they have all year and not drop them like they did in the Saints game...Seattle will win a close one by 3-7 points

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The winner of the trenches will dictate the game IMO.... among other factors the OL vs DL battles to come is going to play a big factor in deciding the outcome.

For me if my OL can hold off the panthers pass rush, they are ready for the seahawks in seattle. Thats something going unnotice by fans n panel "experts" even though we're in day 2 of the week. Good for me, cuz our OL has been playing the best on the offensive unit.

All due respect to Carolina and their fans. But the atmosphere there this past weekend is nothing like what you'll see this weekend.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this game may be better than the SB

going to be a slobberknocker

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evenly matched teams. Who has the better QB? Seattle. Seattle is at home. Seattle wins. Anything can happen though. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Niners step up and win.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All due respect to Carolina and their fans. But the atmosphere there this past weekend is nothing like what you'll see this weekend.
I do agree with that but do you really think it will be the same as a regular season game? Will most of the seats be filled with Hawks fans? HFA for sure here...I just wonder how much of one with the tickets prices.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree with that but do you really think it will be the same as a regular season game? Will most of the seats be filled with Hawks fans? HFA for sure here...I just wonder how much of one with the tickets prices.

The same atmostphere? I think it will be louder and crazier.

Yes it will be basically all hawks fans. Seattle only sold around 3K tickets on monday to the open market and 62k or so were taken up by the season tix holders at list rate.

As for the game, who knows.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 2005-6 NFC Championship game is regarded as the loudest game anyone remembers at the Clink and I fully expect it will be rocking again. Keep in mind, not only is this for the chance to go to the SB, it is against the "hated" 49ers!!!

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same atmostphere? I think it will be louder and crazier.

Yes it will be basically all hawks fans. Seattle only sold around 3K tickets on monday to the open market and 62k or so were taken up by the season tix holders at list rate.

As for the game, who knows.
Do you have a link for those ticket stats?

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2005-6 NFC Championship game is regarded as the loudest game anyone remembers at the Clink and I fully expect it will be rocking again. Keep in mind, not only is this for the chance to go to the SB, it is against the "hated" 49ers!!!
I would not bring up games in the past. Most of the Hawk fans have stated that they mean nothing....unless they won them .

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not bring up games in the past. Most of the Hawk fans have stated that they mean nothing....unless they won them .
:L

Two completely different arguments when you're talking about teams made up of players from 5, 10, or 20 years ago and talking about the intensity of Seattle's fans during the most meaningful game that can possibly be played at the Clink.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know what lies ahead, however, being that this isn't the first rodeo for the SF offense, the communication will be better... Maybe a false start or two but nothing I see that will prove troublesome ATM.

Once the ball is snap, the noise wont beat Kap, it can only be the SEA defense unless the SF OL has a say...

I like my oline's chance in this, totally top quality line play from them IMO.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Two completely different arguments when you're talking about teams made up of players from 5, 10, or 20 years ago and talking about the intensity of Seattle's fans during the most meaningful game that can possibly be played at the Clink.
Got it... the years thing. I was responding to another poster about some years ago but I wasn't aware of the years thing. How is bringing up the past of the Hawks better than the current history of the 9ers?
You gave me a face palm for that?