• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC Championship Game Week Thread

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is gonna be the NFC's version of Steelers-Ravens for years to come. I think at this point no smack talk or anything is really needed. Despite the hatred between both teams and both fan bases I think there is a level of mutual respect. Both teams/fan bases recognize that the opposing team is a legitimate superbowl contender.

It's really tough to make a call for this game, because on one hand the 49ers are red hot. I have to say I am really impressed with their 8 game winning streak. This hasn't been some soft schedule winning streak, they've beat almost every top nfc team along the way (Seattle, Arizona, Green Bay, Carolina) and 3/4 of those games were on the road.

However, on the other hand the Seahawks defense has been playing out of their mind. Over the past 6 games they've only allowed 10 ppg. That number is even more impressive considering how bad and inept the offense has been. On average when the Seahawks offense is moving the ball, opposing teams only get 10 possessions a game. During this 6 game stretch Seahawks have allowed 12-15 possessions every game.

At the end of the day I will give the slight edge to the Seahawks, because of the home field advantage. I feel like if the defense can capitalize on turnover opportunities like they have all year and not drop them like they did in the Saints game...Seattle will win a close one by 3-7 points

LOL no, its a trendy rivalry that will die soon enough. a couple teams got lucky with college coaches who wondered into perfect situations and you will find out that Harbaugh cant sustain success when he has to get another QB who actually can pocket pass and replace his aging RB...and the defense is already weakening.

Seattle may actually last longer with success but this aint no long term rivalry. LOL at comparing it to The 40 year successful Steelers and their matches with a team over the last 5 years.
this is a sloppy,trendy rivalry that wont last past the next 2 years

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad news for Seattle. Division foes are ones you want to avoid in the post season.

The Seahawks offense didn't look all that great this past weekend where as the 49er's offense thrived against the Panthers late.

They're used to the environment as well.

And they've got a hot hand having beaten GB and Carolina both on the road. They're also healthy.

Going to be a great game.

I'll take the 49er's

This was taken from another thread. Thought it was odd.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting on that ticket info.....
Well then. When someone comes up with any info as to why the Hawks will get most of these seats at the clink..pass it on. The 9ers will not lay down for your bullshit 12th man.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting on that ticket info.....

Sorry,,,, dang job got in the way of my sportshoopla'ing. lol

here you go. espn blog

RENTON, Wash. -- The Seattle Seahawks say their decision to limit ticket sales for the NFC Championship Game to certain states was due to concerns over ticket brokers.
The Seahawks sold out a small allotment of available tickets -- less than 3,000 -- in less than 30 minutes Monday. The team has taken heat for excluding people with billing addresses in California from purchasing tickets to Sunday's game between the Seahawks and San Francisco 49ers.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not bring up games in the past. Most of the Hawk fans have stated that they mean nothing....unless they won them .

Two completely different arguments when you're talking about teams made up of players from 5, 10, or 20 years ago and talking about the intensity of Seattle's fans during the most meaningful game that can possibly be played at the Clink.

As Podunkparte was saying, the players and teams from the past cannot be compared, but I bet many of the fans at this game are the same fans that were there in 2005 and therefore it is relevant to compare the fans for the current game to the fans at the game 8 years ago.

Well then. When someone comes up with any info as to why the Hawks will get most of these seats at the clink..pass it on. The 9ers will not lay down for your bullshit 12th man.

You know this whole "not selling tickets to California fans" is :bullshit: so why are you trying to make a big deal out of it? Or are you just :ss:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL no, its a trendy rivalry that will die soon enough. a couple teams got lucky with college coaches who wondered into perfect situations and you will find out that Harbaugh cant sustain success when he has to get another QB who actually can pocket pass and replace his aging RB...and the defense is already weakening.

Seattle may actually last longer with success but this aint no long term rivalry. LOL at comparing it to The 40 year successful Steelers and their matches with a team over the last 5 years.

If by perfect situation you mean Caroll took a team in the cellar and completely rebuilt the roster. dooshbaugh has added a few pieces to his team but for the most part he inherited it.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by perfect situation you mean Caroll took a team in the cellar and completely rebuilt the roster. dooshbaugh has added a few pieces to his team but for the most part he inherited it.

big time lol

When PC and JS took over seattle they completely overhauled the roster. Seattle had some ridiculous number like 600 personnel moves the first year.

But why am i wasting my time, haters gonna hate.....

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Says the Redskins/Packers fan?

txJAc.gif

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

rams.jpg

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame]http://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/422898376120610816[/ame]

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry,,,, dang job got in the way of my sportshoopla'ing. lol

here you go. espn blog

RENTON, Wash. -- The Seattle Seahawks say their decision to limit ticket sales for the NFC Championship Game to certain states was due to concerns over ticket brokers.
The Seahawks sold out a small allotment of available tickets -- less than 3,000 -- in less than 30 minutes Monday. The team has taken heat for excluding people with billing addresses in California from purchasing tickets to Sunday's game between the Seahawks and San Francisco 49ers.
Thanks for that info. I still have to wonder where all of the other tickets actually went to if only 3,000 were let out for sale to the general public. I never really paid attention to this before but the restricted sales made some waves.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for that info. I still have to wonder where all of the other tickets actually went to if only 3,000 were let out for sale to the general public. I never really paid attention to this before but the restricted sales made some waves.

Tickets are entirely too complicated anymore. Of the season tickets for all teams, a significant number are held by ticket brokers. Venuekings is one that buys out large numbers of season tickets. So there are likely more tickets available on the secondary markets than some might think. A large number of those 3k sold this week probably ended up being picked up by bots and anyone can rebuy them on those secondary markets.

According to one of our local radio sports show hosts, he spoke to two people in the Seahawks ticket management and both said this was done to limit out of state and foreign bots. They wanted more of those 3k tickets to go to live people or at least limit it to local brokers.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL announces that Gene Steratore will be the head ref for the NFC championship game.

ESPN says: “Steratore’s crew is one of the best and allows teams to play.”