• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

next week is a must win

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys need to win this game for any chance at playoffs. The blue print is out there on how to slow down a weeden led offense. No deep threat or even attempts and teams will stack the line. No pass rush until the patriots game. Seattle is going to eat weeden alive and we can't outscore the patriots. This is going to get ugly. Cassel better get ready

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys need to win this game for any chance at playoffs. The blue print is out there on how to slow down a weeden led offense. No deep threat or even attempts and teams will stack the line. No pass rush until the patriots game. Seattle is going to eat weeden alive and we can't outscore the patriots. This is going to get ugly. Cassel better get ready
I disagree about the playoff part, it would only be loss #2. It would sure make it an easier road though

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Over reaction Monday @ its finest.....:nod:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are wrong for 3 reasons.

Eagles, Redskins & the Giants.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over reaction Monday @ its finest.....:nod:
Yeah. As crazy as I've seen the "must win" claims in the past, a "must win" in week 4 while 2-1 is a new one...

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree... it's a must win. We need 2 wins in the next 7 weeks to be at 4-5. If we can't beat the Brees-less saints then we are in trouble.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. As crazy as I've seen the "must win" claims in the past, a "must win" in week 4 while 2-1 is a new one...
It's definitely a little strong, but his point is well taken. All the years the Cowboys went 8-8, it's easy to go back and pick one or two games that could have turned the season. Yesterday might be one of those, but the season isn't written in stone. Not many folks nationally had the Cowboys going into Seattle and thumping the Seahawks, but that's what happened

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely aevenle strong, but his point is well taken. All the years the Cowboys went 8-8, it's easy to go back and pick one or two games that could have turned the season. Yesterday might be one of those, but the season isn't written in stone. Not many folks nationally had the Cowboys going into Seattle and thumping the Seahawks, but that's what happened

They should have just as easily lost the Giants game. It usually evens out in the end..

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas in a lock. The Saints are BAD!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Skids will beat the Egirls
I doubt it. I think the Eagles and Giants are going to be what many thought before the year. The assessment of an entire season based on two weeks is often premature. I do still think it is a race to 10 and even if our horse looks weary and injured he is still in the lead...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure. The Eagles looked terrible the other day. Now they were playing vs an awesome defense, but every time I turned it on that game the Jets had the ball and basically killed themselves . Brandon Marshall was basically on the Eagles payroll.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it. I think the Eagles and Giants are going to be what many thought before the year. The assessment of an entire season based on two weeks is often premature. I do still think it is a race to 10 and even if our horse looks weary and injured he is still in the lead...

I never usually want the Skids to win, mainly because of their delusional fan base. In this case I think it is in the Cowboys best interest for a Skids win. We deal with the Skids later hopefully with both our big guns back. I honestly think the Skids win this game by pounding them on the ground & rattling Glasford. Before the season started I viewed the Giants as the Cowboyz only threat in the division & the Packers outside the division.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So maybe the cowboys pull an upset and beat either the patriots or seahawks. Maybe,hardy and McClain can make a difference. Brady being harassed all game long is a much different qb than when he,has all day. The pro weeden ball washers can say he was not to blame. I disagree. He was part of the problem and does not deserve a free pass. His horrible int and errant passes to witten were very costly. You add hardy,gregory and McClain to a defense and they will create pressure and they are also good at stopping the,run. Cowboys got out coached in this game. The cowboys should gave attempted more than 2 passes beyond 15 yards.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cerTainly agree with most of that AC

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen other teams rally around their backup before. I want to think WEeden can do this so bad, but for some reason when Atlanta took the lead the other day- I knew it was over. I didn't see anything in his eyes or face that said he was gonna bring them back. I miss my QB. Ha

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the Weeden blame to the degree I'm reading it. Just doesn't make sense to me. I don't agree with all of the below, but I think it certainly is a point some should read:

Sullivan: As Backup QB, Weeden Did His Job, Shouldn’t Take Blame For Loss
Tuesday, September 29, 2015 12:03 PM CDT

Some of the thoughts that run through an oversized, bald head:Read

• Really wanted to write this on Monday, even Sunday night, but felt it was my responsibility to first watch the coaches’ film. Having done that, let me say that I have never, ever, ever seen a fan base and portions of the media so misguided in the aftermath of a game. Reminded me of a line I once heard, “Football is a lot like church. Many attend, few understand.”
  • So the backup quarterback completes 22-of-26 passes for 232 yards, and the offense puts up 28 points, and it’s his fault they lost the game. That is befuddling beyond words. At first, reading Twitter in the press box as the game was ending, I honestly thought the backlash was sarcasm. I just could not, cannot, rationalize how anyone could think Brandon Weeden was the reason the Cowboys lost that game. It’s like the starting goalie of a hockey team being injured and the backup loses 2-1. I mean, really, we’re blaming him for the loss?
  • As a backup quarterback, Weeden did his job. He’s not expected to be Tony Romo, that’s why he’s paid like 1/20th of his salary. That’s why it’s usually a catastrophic situation when any team’s starting quarterback goes down, not to mention when the All-Pro wide receiver is already sidelined. Weeden threw two bad balls, the interception, which is among the ugliest passes one will ever witness, and the seam route to Jason Witten. That one should have been a touchdown.
  • Still, two bad balls out of 26 for a backup quarterback to me is a win. Anyone see Jimmy Clausen’s numbers in Chicago’s 26-0 loss at Seattle. He was 9-of-17 for 63 yards. That’s often the case with a backup. There is no position in sports more top heavy than quarterback. They are not interchangeable like, say, running backs are to a certain degree. The top-tier quarterbacks can more or less win a game by themselves, which Romo has done numerous times. Many football people have told me that the Cowboys were more like a five-win team from 2011-13 if not for Romo. He alone was worth about three wins per season.
  • Also, watch the film. Honestly, watch it. There’s a free seven-day trial right now. Check it out. No one was open downfield. Terrance Williams was blanketed by Desmond Truant. He couldn’t create separation. And Cole Beasley, no matter how many wideouts are injured, is a slot option. He’s not going to be running 30-yard routes and stretching the field. Gavin Escobar, who many expected to be a bigger part of the offense, heck, any part, was open on the first drive – the play where Williams drew a personal foul facemask penalty – on a nifty little slant, but that was it. Weeden threw to who was open. He didn’t try and force it.
  • I am pretty sure every coach in the league would take just one turnover and 28 points from the backup quarterback. Yes, the Cowboys didn’t score in the second half. I’m not saying Weeden played superbly, but he managed the game, took what the defense was giving. And the running game could only muster a few feet in the second half. That certainly would have made his life easier. Everyone knows that Joseph Randle gained just 2 yards on his final 11 carries. Really think it’s time for Darren McFadden to see some more reps. Thought he looked ready to carry the load against Atlanta.
  • As for the actual reasons why the Cowboys lost the game and were dominated in the second half? First off, the Falcons didn’t make these adjustments at halftime that many assume. I mean, watch the tape. They were running the same defense; they were just physically dominant. On both sides up front. That’s where games are won at any level, and Atlanta was resilient. They just kept coming. The Dallas offensive line didn’t have a great day. Tyron Smith had a few issues, which kind of standout only because he’s usually clean, as in doesn’t allow a hurry or make a mistake.
  • Thought rookie La’el Collins played well, like a B-plus. Not sure what the situation is going to be when Ronald Leary returns, but Collins is making it tougher and tougher to take him off the field. Maybe they alternate possessions. It’s a difficult situation because Leary has done nothing to lose his job, either.
  • As for the defense as a whole, this is really all that needs to be known: The Cowboys registered three quarterback hurries on the day, all by their linebackers, who you know, rarely rush. Sean Lee was credited with two,Anthony Hitchens, who didn’t play his best game, had the third. There was no pressure. Tyrone Crawford had one play in the fourth quarter where he kind of, sort of, just missed Matt Ryan’s leg as he was falling to the ground, but that wasn’t enough for a hurry, so he didn’t even land on the stat sheet. For a guy who was expected to break out in a Pro Bowl sort of way, that’s a tough game.
  • Still, there wasn’t much help. This team desperately needs the return of Greg Hardy, Jeremy Mincey and Randy Gregory. That’s the core of the front four along with Crawford. That allows the other players to be rotation guys rather than see the bulk of the snaps. Through three weeks, St. Louis and New England have 13 sacks each, tied for the league lead. Dallas is tied for 29thwith three. The Cowboys are also one of four teams without a forced fumble. They have three takeaways. Only seven teams have less.
  • The offense is by no means perfect, and no one should expect it to be minus Romo and Dez, but 28 points was a pretty solid output, even considering the second half. The offense is also what it is, for the time being, outside of maybe McFadden seeing more carries. Dez is out at least another month. The defense is where the focus should be right now. Guys are returning, big-time playmakers. There’s going to be more depth, so the pass rush has to materialize. The key to the next seven games is the pass rush. The secondary has actually been playing OK. There’s just only so much any group can do without a pass rush. And when facing Julio Jones.
  • So everyone needs to chill with Weeden and focus on the defense. Doesn’t make any sense to bring in Matt Cassel, who has been looking at the playbook for less than a week. Weeden was fine against the Falcons; he wasn’t the problem. He knows this system, and without question, he’s this team’s best chance at success with Romo sidelined. That’s the reality of the situation