• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next program to get busted by the NCAA.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama gets my vote...dj fluker getting paid, coaches giving players loans. maybe nothing comes of it but I would supect them to be under the ncaa radar

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet you think that Coach Calipari in basketball thinks he did nothing wrong and just coincidentally left programs just before getting seasons vacated. :L

The issue between the two events are not even comparable, just like I stated, casual fan!

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember the NCAA can not subpoena information. In order to get caught you really have to be blatant

Everyone involved voluntarily provided bank statements anything else asked for so subpoena point is moot...next.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facepalm yourself for denial, he left right before the program crippling sanctions hit (crazy coincidence right?) and came back to testify because he had nothing to lose.

Huge reason why coach's now have sanctions put on them.

Pete Carroll was rumored to be leaving for the NFL, every season from his 2nd season on. In an attempt to put a stop to the constant speculation he stated in '05 or '06, exactly what it would take for him to leave USC:

1.) A west coast based team.

2.) A lot of money

3.) Total control

The Seattle Seahawks:

1.) West Coast team

2.) Paying him about twice what he was being paid at USC.

3.) Gave him total control.

Yeah, I'm sure the Seahawks decided to swoop in and offer him all of that just to bail him out. If it was really about him "getting out of Dodge ahead of the posse", Seattle didn't have to give him all of that.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJ 12 is right --- if the Detroit Lions would have offered him the same deal as Seattle he would have stayed at USC. - at least that is what he says.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Carroll was rumored to be leaving for the NFL, every season from his 2nd season on. In an attempt to put a stop to the constant speculation he stated in '05 or '06, exactly what it would take for him to leave USC:

1.) A west coast based team.

2.) A lot of money

3.) Total control

The Seattle Seahawks:

1.) West Coast team

2.) Paying him about twice what he was being paid at USC.

3.) Gave him total control.

Yeah, I'm sure the Seahawks decided to swoop in and offer him all of that just to bail him out. If it was really about him "getting out of Dodge ahead of the posse", Seattle didn't have to give him all of that.

LOL.

PC knows the owner of the team personally. If you don't think that guy handed out an olive branch, at JUST the right time, I don't know what to tell you.

You could very well be correct, but nobody is ever going to believe he just so happened to get a sweetheart deal from a friend RIGHT BEFORE sanctions hit. Good luck selling that story.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone involved voluntarily provided bank statements anything else asked for so subpoena point is moot...next.

Which is why smart criminals either deal in cash or numbered accounts in Switzerland or the Cayman Islands. Next.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

PC knows the owner of the team personally. If you don't think that guy handed out an olive branch, at JUST the right time, I don't know what to tell you.

You could very well be correct, but nobody is ever going to believe he just so happened to get a sweetheart deal from a friend RIGHT BEFORE sanctions hit. Good luck selling that story.

Pete Carroll was an NFL coach for many years and was highly sought after from his 2nd year on at USC. I'm sure that he knows most, if not all, NFL owners personally on one level or another.

Do you have a link that shows a friendship between Paul Allen and Pete Carroll prior to him being hired? I looked, but couldn't find anything and your post is the first that I've seen that suggests that.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember the NCAA can not subpoena information. In order to get caught you really have to be blatant
But, the FBI can and the FBI got involved in the Scam Newton thing and didn't find anything. But, let's not let the facts get tin the way. This from someone who would love to see Auburn get 10 years of penalties.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC, Penn State, and Ohio State got smacked...Auburn and Miami didn't.

I'm thinking an SEC program is about due for some sanctions.

Auburn = SEC. Looks like it is Big12 turn

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are people saying ASU could get busted? What exactly do you think they are doing?

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why smart criminals either deal in cash or numbered accounts in Switzerland or the Cayman Islands. Next.

Even I wouldn't accuse the Newton's of being smart...next.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even I wouldn't accuse the Newton's of being smart...next.

Obviously somebody at Auburn paid up hush money. It didn't happen like that at Miss. State, though. I guess the guys at Auburn are just a little better at underhandedness than Miss. State, eh? Saban and the SEC coaches wrote the book on getting away with paying players off and their families. But then again they did have that case study at USC to learn from. Yeah. I applaud Auburn for getting away with it. Really, I do.

I only wish the guys at UNC had done a better job of covering up so we didn't lose that great defense.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously somebody at Auburn paid up hush money. It didn't happen like that at Miss. State, though. I guess the guys at Auburn are just a little better at underhandedness than Miss. State, eh? Saban and the SEC coaches wrote the book on getting away with paying players off and their families. But then again they did have that case study at USC to learn from. Yeah. I applaud Auburn for getting away with it. Really, I do.

I only wish the guys at UNC had done a better job of covering up so we didn't lose that great defense.

Couldn't be that the dad realized he had screwed up bad, State wasn't paying and they needed an exit strategy. Couldn't have been that the street agent he was using, Kenny Rogers, was a Miss State grad with no ties to Auburn and no other play.
Couldn't be that you are just talking out your ass with no actually knowledge.

What is more probable this shit blew up in their faces and they panicked or Auburn paid an obscene 180k that never hit anyone's checking account? You really haven't thought this through just spewing garbage you want to be true.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't be that the dad realized he had screwed up bad, State wasn't paying and they needed an exit strategy. Couldn't have been that the street agent he was using, Kenny Rogers, was a Miss State grad with no ties to Auburn and no other play.
Couldn't be that you are just talking out your ass with no actually knowledge.

What is more probable this shit blew up in their faces and they panicked or Auburn paid an obscene 180k that never hit anyone's checking account? You really haven't thought this through just spewing garbage you want to be true.

Yeah, sure. Miss. State offered him an obscene amount of money, he panicked and went to Auburn for free. Sure. I could only be wrong in that scenario. I apologize.

If you believe that I suppose you buy USC's story concerning Bush, too? Sure you do.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Answer this how does Auburn get investigated by the NCAA and every media hound in the country and no one finds anything? Not one shred of evidence or witness ever materialized but you are ready to convict the guy because you ASSUME it had to happen because that makes you feel good.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Answer this how does Auburn get investigated by the NCAA and every media hound in the country and no one finds anything? Not one shred of evidence or witness ever materialized but you are ready to convict the guy because you ASSUME it had to happen because that makes you feel good.

Of course they didn't find anything. Like I said, somebody did it very convincingly. It isn't like Auburn didn't have time to cover everything up or pay off the investigators. No way that happened, couldn't have.

You believe whatever you want to believe, dude. I've got no problem with you.

Meanwhile, I'll choose to believe in something other than angelic recruiting where Mr. Newton was concerned. Sure, everybody had a panic attack and he signed with Auburn because everything was done so squeaky clean that way. Uh-huh. I smell several rats and I just don't buy that.