• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next off-season Draft/moves predictions for this season's playoff teams:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not wait for next Sat... you'll miss all the fan that could happen in here!

It will make suffering easier for you and your circus to "eat"... won't it? :pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

:yes:

oh, don't worry, dum dum. i ain't going anywhere...

but hey, stay tuned...:heh:

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No that's not how it works. The Bucks will be over the NBA salary cap. They can only acquire a player within a percentage of what Bledsoe's contract is. If the Bucks had 17M in actual cap space, then they could do that. But they don't. The 17M is space before the luxury tax threshold.

Milwaukee Bucks 2020-21 Salary Cap

No... you don't count right... the Bucks have Ilyasova (fully) non-guaranteed and on trade exception... It means that they can trade him, the team which will inquiry him, can waive him and pay nothing (not a penny) and the Bucks will gain an additional 7M of trade exception on top of his value on the trade... + they have the MLE of course...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No... you don't count right... the Bucks have Ilyasova (fully) non-guaranteed and on trade exception... It means that they can trade him, the team which will inquiry him, can waive him and pay nothing (not a penny) and the Bucks will gain an additional 7M of trade exception on top of his value on the trade... + they have the MLE of course...

Bledsoe is at say 17M. Ilyasova is at 7M. How does that get to 35M? I'm no cap aficionado so I'm curious.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bledsoe is at say 17M. Ilyasova is at 7M. How does that get to 35M? I'm no cap aficionado so I'm curious.

+ 10.5M of cash (here is the TPE & the MLE) + 4.5M (D.J Wilson) = 15M + 17 (Bledsoe) + 7 (Ilyasova) = not 35, but 39M!

...and don't forget there's also the picks! (which we don't know if the F.O will decide to draft or use them on proven youngsters to add)...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IYO (which usually is pretty stupid) that might be the case...

Facts are different though, there will be a significant upgrade and improvement of the roster's average age to the younger, already from this season and will continue for the seasons that follow...

Getting younger does not equal getting better.

They have quality vets who fit very well. You aren’t going to be able to “upgrade” like you expect by packaging a 30 something bet with a unlikely to hit prospect. Just not how things work.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

source.gif

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+ 10.5M of cash (here is the TPE & the MLE) + 4.5M (D.J Wilson) = 15M + 17 (Bledsoe) + 7 (Ilyasova) = not 35, but 39M!

...and don't forget there's also the picks! (which we don't know if the F.O will decide to draft or use them on proven youngsters to add)...

Again you can't combine a TPE with a player in a trade. Also you would have to wait till midseason to trade any player signed with the MLE, but that's always plausible. But then the Bucks would have to pay/guarantee Ilyasova's contract into the year in order to take advantage of trading the MLE. So really it's kind of either/or.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again you can't combine a TPE with a player in a trade. Also you would have to wait till midseason to trade any player signed with the MLE, but that's always plausible. But then the Bucks would have to pay/guarantee Ilyasova's contract into the year in order to take advantage of trading the MLE. So really it's kind of either/or.
but I haven't combined the TPE on Ilyasova... I have it on the cash with the MLE to explain how the cash can be fully used if the Bucks decide to invest the whole amount... And Ilyasova was signed on an MLE, but that was 2 years ago, he now can be traded during the summer and the team which will obtain him has till September (before the training camp) to decide if they will guarantee his contract, or if they will waive him and pay nothing.

Still the Bucks will have the TPE after they trade him, despite if he will be waived by the other team or not and still his trade value will be 7M...

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting younger does not equal getting better.

They have quality vets who fit very well. You aren’t going to be able to “upgrade” like you expect by packaging a 30 something bet with a unlikely to hit prospect. Just not how things work.

LOL... But getting younger and better means getting better and... well... younger!

(hmmm... this guy has been born with an argumentative spirit built in him, what a jerk that posts only to argue)...

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but I haven't combined the TPE on Ilyasova... I have it on the cash with the MLE to explain how the cash can be fully used if the Bucks decide to invest the whole amount... And Ilyasova was signed on an MLE, but that was 2 years ago, he now can be traded during the summer and the team which will obtain him has till September (before the training camp) to decide if they will guarantee his contract, or if they will waive him and pay nothing.

Still the Bucks will have the TPE after they trade him, despite if he will be waived by the other team or not and still his trade value will be 7M...

I get what you're saying, it just doesn't work that way. Read up on the TPE and what it is and how it works. If you traded Ilyasova to a team they have to have open cap space to create a TPE. Then the TPE is non-transferable. You're not able to combine it, you can use it to acquire another player at 7M or less. You open up 7M off the cap figure, but even with out that (counting the dead money you still have on the books) you're still over the cap. It doesn't create 7M in cap space for you to use. It only creates the exception for which you can acquire another player.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... But getting younger and better means getting better and... well... younger!

(hmmm... this guy has been born with an argumentative spirit built in him, what a jerk that posts only to argue)...

Nah.

I just like to call out the unrealistic.

Since that is every post you make, well....

The cap and tax system are built to make it extremely difficult for tax paying teams to keep cores together, let alone continue to improve. You seem to expect every young player to hit their ceiling, and that just isn’t realistic. ESPECIALLY when playing for a contender like Milwaukee, because less playing time is available early on to allow those players to develop. Young players need game reps to develop.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah.

I just like to call out the unrealistic.

Since that is every post you make, well....

The cap and tax system are built to make it extremely difficult for tax paying teams to keep cores together, let alone continue to improve. You seem to expect every young player to hit their ceiling, and that just isn’t realistic. ESPECIALLY when playing for a contender like Milwaukee, because less playing time is available early on to allow those players to develop. Young players need game reps to develop.

I guess then the rest of the teams should find their own Jon Horst to have as GM... Then they may end up with a team which is dreadful on the court, is favored to win the title and has the ability to even add a top-10 player if there is one in the market for next season and still stay under the lux tax threshold!

Still wonder why the guy was awarded "executive of the year" by the league?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just wondering how tlance was "born with an argumentative spirit". Did he have the cojones to disagree with you?

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you're saying, it just doesn't work that way. Read up on the TPE and what it is and how it works. If you traded Ilyasova to a team they have to have open cap space to create a TPE. Then the TPE is non-transferable. You're not able to combine it, you can use it to acquire another player at 7M or less. You open up 7M off the cap figure, but even with out that (counting the dead money you still have on the books) you're still over the cap. It doesn't create 7M in cap space for you to use. It only creates the exception for which you can acquire another player.

correct... I don't say different.

Perhaps you thought I was saying the Bucks would use the TPE to trade Ilyasova? It's not what I'm saying...

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like you're about to find out
Shocked! Ohhhhhh please... please... don't do this... pleeeeease!

You aren't tired of :wank:in here, are you?

:kissass:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocked! Ohhhhhh please... please... don't do this... pleeeeease!

You aren't tired of :wank:in here, are you?

:kissass:
What's wrong with you? I mean, your whole thing is so lame, why do you bother?

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's wrong with you? I mean, your whole thing is so lame, why do you bother?

why I bother reminding you that all you know in here is this :wank:you mean?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why I bother reminding you that all you know in here is this :wank:you mean?
No I mean why do you keep trolling the same dumb shit? It's not funny, you are mostly wrong, and you're about to get banned. Why are you even here?