• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

............. Next Longhorn Head Coach

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, we suck. In fact in the last 9 years we sucked so bad that we've beaten OU 5 of those 9 years.:whistle:

5 out of 9...sounds like a Mack Brown stat.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoops was >>>> Mack
Mack was >>>> 90 percent of coaches until recently

Things change and people need to move on. Mack was good for Texas, but he lost his ability to win consistently along the way. People think Texas fans have unrealistic expectations, but it isn't really true. We put up with Mack being a 10 win guy who rarely won the conference for a long time. Because he was a good ambassador for the University and players loved him. I don't think it's unrealistic to want a coach that wins more than 8 games a year at Texas. That is what Mack had become. A 4 year sample is a pretty good indicator. Even if he won 10 next year that would be once every 5 years. Just not good enough and that would be the case at many programs.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds to me like he should have been the one to get the boot several years ago instead of GDGD and FussyMuss.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How fired are the current coordinators/talent evaluators/everyone currently involved with the football program?

I'd guess like...99% fired? Bags packed?

If not...why?

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Akina better stay [I know he won't]

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. Next year Mack would have probably finished 8-4 again. I'm hoping a new coach can do a little better, but there's been a lot of damage.

Whoa!!! You have hope that we'll do better? I was with you up until this line.

What hope do you have that we'd do better, even if this transition wasn't fumbled up like a mutherfuck?

Swoops is pretty terrible.
The Big12 had a really down year this season, especially at QB play. That won't happen again.
We'll be breaking in all new coaches.

Next year, by any standard, is going to SUCK.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What hope do you have that we'd do better, even if this transition wasn't fumbled up like a mutherfuck?

The Big12 had a really down year this season, especially at QB play. That won't happen again.

Yes, it's going to be a tough year. Our schedule is pretty tough. The first 6 games are going to define the season. My hope is that a good football coach can come in and get everything possible out of the talent we do have. Swoops isn't terrible, at least not yet. He has no experience. You can't walk off the field from high school and make and immediate impact in college unless you are exceptional. We let exceptional go to Florida St. a few years ago. I'm not even sure if Mack recruiting him that hard. Who knows? We will get a coach who is better than Mack at developing talent. Let's face it, my dead mother could probably do a better job so I'm not worried about that area. We will be fine. At the very least, it won't be any worse than if Mack were there for the first year or two. I just hope the new coach doesn't listen to any input Mack Brown has about football. Better yet, Lets all start a collection to help Nebraska double his salary. Maybe he will go. :laugh3:

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown Mack will be the next coach of Texas, and he will have a suspiciously large jet black mustache.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown Mack will be the next coach of Texas, and he will have a suspiciously large jet black mustache.

I thought it was going to be Brack SandBrown.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm more hopeful than you here. We bring back one of the most experienced rosters we have EVER had:

OFFENSE:

QB: Ash (senior); Swoopes (sophomore) - bring back all;
RB: Gray (junior); Brown (senior); Johnson (junior); Bergeron (senior) - bring back all;
WR: Shipley (senior); M. Johnson (junior); D. Johnson (junior); Sanders (junior) - lose Davis only;
TE: Daniels (senior); McFarland (junior); Swaim (senior) - bring back all;
OG: Riser (sophomore); Flowers (junior) - lose 2 Walters and Hopkins;
OT: Cochran (senior); Estell (junior); Harrison (sophomore); lose 1 but easily replaced;
C: Espinosa (senior); James (sophomore) - bring back all;
FB: Bergeron (senior); Moss (senior) - bring back all;

** On offense we lose 3 total players and our only real loss is the 2 guards. However we still bring back 7 offensive linemen plus the new freshmen.

DEFENSE:

DE: Reed (senior); Davis (junior) - lose 1 Jeffcoat, big loss;
DT: Brown (junior); Jackson (senior) - lose 1, Whaley;
MLB: Hicks (senior); Santos (junior); Edmonds (senior) - bring back all;
OLB: Jinkens (junior); Jackson (senior); Thompson (senior); Cole (sophomore) - bring back all;
CB: Diggs (senior); Thomas (junior); Davis (sophomore) - lose 1, Byndum;
S: Thompson (senior); Vaccaro (junior); Turner (senior) - lose 1, Phillips;

** On Defense we lose 4 total players, with the only big losses being Jeffcoat and Byndum. However we still have at least 3 guys who can fill in for the Byndum loss.

On our entire roster next year the ONLY loss I can't see us being able to replace is Jeffcoat. We lose 7 guys total with 6 of those being easily replaced. Plus we have not factored in yet the new freshmen.

There is reason for optimism if we can just get a damn coach in the door.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more hopeful than you here. We bring back one of the most experienced rosters we have EVER had:

OFFENSE:

QB: Ash (senior); Swoopes (sophomore) - bring back all;
RB: Gray (junior); Brown (senior); Johnson (junior); Bergeron (senior) - bring back all;
WR: Shipley (senior); M. Johnson (junior); D. Johnson (junior); Sanders (junior) - lose Davis only;
TE: Daniels (senior); McFarland (junior); Swaim (senior) - bring back all;
OG: Riser (sophomore); Flowers (junior) - lose 2 Walters and Hopkins;
OT: Cochran (senior); Estell (junior); Harrison (sophomore); lose 1 but easily replaced;
C: Espinosa (senior); James (sophomore) - bring back all;
FB: Bergeron (senior); Moss (senior) - bring back all;

** On offense we lose 3 total players and our only real loss is the 2 guards. However we still bring back 7 offensive linemen plus the new freshmen.

DEFENSE:

DE: Reed (senior); Davis (junior) - lose 1 Jeffcoat, big loss;
DT: Brown (junior); Jackson (senior) - lose 1, Whaley;
MLB: Hicks (senior); Santos (junior); Edmonds (senior) - bring back all;
OLB: Jinkens (junior); Jackson (senior); Thompson (senior); Cole (sophomore) - bring back all;
CB: Diggs (senior); Thomas (junior); Davis (sophomore) - lose 1, Byndum;
S: Thompson (senior); Vaccaro (junior); Turner (senior) - lose 1, Phillips;

** On Defense we lose 4 total players, with the only big losses being Jeffcoat and Byndum. However we still have at least 3 guys who can fill in for the Byndum loss.

On our entire roster next year the ONLY loss I can't see us being able to replace is Jeffcoat. We lose 7 guys total with 6 of those being easily replaced. Plus we have not factored in yet the new freshmen.

There is reason for optimism if we can just get a damn coach in the door.

I too, have optimism for next year, IF, and that's a big IF, we can get the right coach in here. The new coach is going to have a loaded roster full of experience. It's not like Mack is leaving the cupboard bare. If Ash comes back, that will be a big plus. I'm not sold on Swoopes at all. I would rather have Jerrod Heard as Ash's back up than Swoopes. On the negative side with all of these experienced players coming back, they also are responsible for some mediocre seasons over the last 4 years, but I'm hoping it was due to some mediocre coaching.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Plus we bring in the #11 recruiting class as of now - and there are still a couple 4/5 star recruits considering us. I should have mentioned that with the loss of Jeffcoat - we do bring in the #4 SDE in the country. Though he will obviously be a true freshman, and the #15 OLB in the country.

Realistic chance to pick up Tony Brown (#3 CB); Edwin Freeman (4 star OLB/S).

Can we just skip the Alamo Bowl and it be next year yet???

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reed is thinking about leaving early for the NFL, it will probably depend upon the new HC. I also sincerely doubt that Ash will ever play football again.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reed is thinking about leaving early for the NFL, it will probably depend upon the new HC. I also sincerely doubt that Ash will ever play football again.

Hmmm. Reports I've read said Ash will seek medical redshirt, is participating in meetings and game plan, and will be back in spring.

Had not heard that about Reed. I sure hope not. Even Jeffcoat is predicted to go in 3rd Round - which means Reed would likely barely get drafted. He is ranked 22nd DE. Hope for us and for him he stays.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw him coach once in rout 66. They got to shoot the canon once it was fun.

I was there. Our biggest play was a draw play to Hodges Mitchell, and it was called back on a hold.

Stayed to the bitter end, only about 5000 people left in the stands. This was Texas pre-Mack.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was fencing for the UT Fencing Club at Jower's Gym in San Marcos. I watched a bit of the game on a very small TV that I brought and then I turned it off.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is texas has games @ Stillwater, @ Ksu, @ Tech, and OU in Dallas. It will be a harder road next year.

I hope like hell Ash comes back.