• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

............. Next Longhorn Head Coach

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BdVg0ceCcAAlycO.jpg

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know Red McCombs but what I do know is too many times when someone disagrees about something regarding a black person you're automatically portrayed as a racist. That BS gets old in a hurry. The PC crowd just loves to shout racist, homophobe, misogynist, etc. when they don't like what someone else says.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck thd Boosters, but fuck Chip Brown's lying ass more.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know Red McCombs but what I do know is too many times when someone disagrees about something regarding a black person you're automatically portrayed as a racist. That BS gets old in a hurry. The PC crowd just loves to shout racist, homophobe, misogynist, etc. when they don't like what someone else says.

He's a defender of Mack and wanted Gruden here. Basically, because he's a big booster he thinks he's the owner of UT and thinks his opinion matters.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Hicks sent his Gulfstream to pick up Strong and his family. Rode along. So there's one BMD who is going with the change.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Horns fans in our offices are pretty evenly split between thinking Strong is a good choice and those who have some strong reservations. I'd assume that's the way most Horns fans feel right now. You (naturally) want it to work out but IF it doesn't then you'll have a bigger mess on your hands than you did with Mack. I'm in the camp that doubts he'll be a long term success at Texas but I am the first person to congratulate you guys if you feel happy about the new hire. What we Sooners fans think doesn't matter. What matters is can Charlie Strong beat OU most of the time and consistently win Big XII Championships with the occasional run at a NC. If he doesn't do that you will be howling for his head. We'll see. The guy deserves a couple of years to get things back under control.

No matter who the Horns hired, if he cant do what you say above, we'll be howling for his head. That's a given, even if it was some big name.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to hell with McCombs. He has a history of sticking his nose in things, not just at Texas.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Franklin on Espin's gameday coverage this afternoon.

While he's a good coach and all, he started to annoy me after a couple of minutes.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been predicting that the Strong hiring will unfortunately result in a lot of tension regarding his race. It isn't fair. It isn't smart. It isn't even always true. But it's a problem that will have some ugly accusations until he proves himself. That's just part of life.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no real race tension. This isn't redneck Oklahoma. This is Austin.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly hope it doesn't happen, it will really piss me off if it does. He just needs to win, regardless of everthing else. It's pretty clear Patterson told him that he will have a huge support staff (just as Mack did, by the way) and that he doesn't need to worry about anything but his players and winning.

He was hired, first and foremost, for one thing: To change the culture surrounding the program.

What a lot of football fans around the country don't realize, is that the culture of the athletic department, especially football but not just football, is very bad. There is something wrong over there, for whatever reason. It has to be changed.

Patterson was hired for that reason. And Charlie Strong is going to be his change agent.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no real race tension. This isn't redneck Oklahoma. This is Austin.

Ahem, OU hired a black head coach a long time ago. OU also played black players years before UT did. OU can hardly be considered "redneck Oklahoma" when it comes to minorities participating in its athletic programs. And I know you know that. This isn't an OU vs. UT issue. It's just a part of living in this world we are all trying to figure out as we go along.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, this is one Longhorn that LOVES me some Switzer. They don't make 'em like that anymore. The stories that cat isn't allowed to tell must be GOLD

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, this is one Longhorn that LOVES me some Switzer. They don't make 'em like that anymore. The stories that cat isn't allowed to tell must be GOLD

Looks like you and codaxx had the same inspiration for avatars.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's pretty open about his cheating.