• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

............. Next Longhorn Head Coach

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
butterbillboard_zps84083f95.jpg

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which thread was that?

I recall most Longhorns being in favor of Charlie Strong and David Shaw. AFA Franklin goes, few if any Longhorns want him as the next HC.

It was StarBigD and I can't recall which thread it was...there were a million of them. Claimed that Strong and Franklin didn't have the star power necessary for the UT job.

But then again, he also was a big proponent of Saban being an actual thing.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was StarBigD and I can't recall which thread it was...there were a million of them. Claimed that Strong and Franklin didn't have the star power necessary for the UT job.

"Some" isn't one. re: your post on 1-3 @ 4:17pm

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WRONG ON ALL COUNTS

I was anti-Saban, in MULTIPLE threads

My top 2 candidates have always been Shaw and Strong. Was undecided on Franklin, and even posted his stats as a OC and HC.

Once again, I get blamed for people that either can't tell Texas posters apart, or can't read.....

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to his introductory presser right now. Holy fuck, this dude is the anti Mack. Love it.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so feakin happy! We got us a football coach. Current Texas players better get their butts down to the weight room, pronto.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas wont be soft again. That is for sure.

The dude made me want to go to the weight room at 5am and kill it.

I don't know if he will be able to deal with all the distractions, but he seems like one hell of a motivator and Xs and Os coach.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas wont be soft again. That is for sure.

The dude made me want to go to the weight room at 5am and kill it.

I don't know if he will be able to deal with all the distractions, but he seems like one hell of a motivator and Xs and Os coach.

THIS ^^^^^ No more clapping and patting on the butt when his players fuck up. Ass chewing and accountability will now be in place. Expect to see some transfers from these spoiled babies who can't handle the new transition. Bye bye country club type setting, hello hardass!!!!! We'll FINALLY HAVE A TEAM WITH TOUGHNESS!

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strong's a good second choice for me.
At least we'll have a strong D. I try hope he keeps Akina.
I would still have liked more of a CEO coach like Dantonio.
Anyhow, we were not going to be good next year even if Mike Ditka were DC and Phil Jackson were OC.

I wouldn't say that. Mack isn't leaving the cupboard bare. Depends on QB play. If Ash isn't half a retard yet and can come back for his SR. year, we could field a good team. All RB's are back, majority of O-line is back, good crop of WR's coming back and some bad ass RB's coming back as well. I'm sure Strong will whip that D into place. I'm pretty optimistic about next year. Big 12 will still be tough as hell to win, probably the toughest conference rom top to bottom next year.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS ^^^^^ No more clapping and patting on the butt when his players fuck up. Ass chewing and accountability will now be in place. Expect to see some transfers from these spoiled babies who can't handle the new transition. Bye bye country club type setting, hello hardass!!!!! We'll FINALLY HAVE A TEAM WITH TOUGHNESS!

erDXQY1.gif

Let's hold our horses here. It's one thing to say it. It's another thing to do it and put it our there on the field. Remember when Mack would say this every year too? We'll see how tough they are real quick when they play Top 5 UCLA in jerrah world in the first game.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta play UCLA in Dallas next year? well, shit. But we'll see.

And all those guys that cant cut, just means more we can recruit. I still think a couple big recruits are going to jump over to Texas. May not help us next year, but will help the following year.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year will be a little tough to figure out....The Horns will be a little up and down

But, the Big 12 will look a little more normal with the traditional programs.

Oklahoma returns a fairly loaded team.
Kansas State and WVU will be better as well.

Texas Tech and OKlahoma State lose everybody.
They will be in for some struggles especially early. Gundy will have to earn his money in 2014.

Baylor loses a lot as well, but maybe not as much as OSU/TTU.
But "road challenged" Baylor has to travel to Austin, Morgantown, and Norman.

OU should rule the Big 12 in 2014, but there is no reason Texas cannot finish 2nd in year #1 with the depleted rosters of OSU, TTU, and Baylor.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say that. Mack isn't leaving the cupboard bare. Depends on QB play. If Ash isn't half a retard yet and can come back for his SR. year, we could field a good team. All RB's are back, majority of O-line is back, good crop of WR's coming back and some bad ass RB's coming back as well. I'm sure Strong will whip that D into place. I'm pretty optimistic about next year. Big 12 will still be tough as hell to win, probably the toughest conference rom top to bottom next year.
-
I actually think Texas will have some issues. 3 of the top 5 OL are gone. That is a hard spot to get instant success from. #1 WR. Gray will not be back, and if so at a lower level. QB is an issue. DT is great. DE could be an issue if Reed leaves. If TExas has the same record next yr, it will actually be a step forward. The Big 12 will be much better next yr.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disagree, but you didn't give props on my badass Phil Jackson reference, brosef.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
erDXQY1.gif

Let's hold our horses here. It's one thing to say it. It's another thing to do it and put it our there on the field. Remember when Mack would say this every year too? We'll see how tough they are real quick when they play Top 5 UCLA in jerrah world in the first game.

Actually UCLA is the third game. We play two home games first, North Texas and BYU.