• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

............. Next Longhorn Head Coach

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we should give Gary Barnett another shot

:wacko:

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd prefer Charlie Strong and his strong defense. Gary Anderson at Wisky would be my top choice though.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that is fair but also factor in the MWC is complete crap and the entire B1G is worse than the SEC East. I guess you are stuck comparing crap to crap to see who has the best swirl.

:wtf:

How do you know that?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's my point. You want someone who's taken a relative nobody and built them to success, not someone who inherited a blueblood program and simply maintained it with it's vast resources.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Johnson's yacht was spotted in South Padre.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my point. You want someone who's taken a relative nobody and built them to success, not someone who inherited a blueblood program and simply maintained it with it's vast resources.

:agree:

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As only a few Longhorn posters really understand what's happening at Longhorn Central, I'll help.

One of the regents, Hall, has got it in for Powers, because Hall wasn't allowed to influence the College of Business.
That regent was appointed by a gaggie governor, who has tried to degrade UT. One of those measures was appointing a gaggie to the Longhorn Board of Regents. For those who don't understand, if a Longhorn was appointed to the Board of Regents at A&M, there would be a stink that would exceed the borders of the State of Texas.
Hall goes behind the back of Powers and tries to entice Saban to UT. But Saban, understanding politics, realizes that unless Mack is agreeable it's a "poison pawn" move.

It's a Game of Thrones, folks, and it's real.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RA, you should know by now that Kentucky would dominate every other conference in college football. Everyone knows this. The SEC is what is keeping them down.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RA, you should know by now that Kentucky would dominate every other conference in college football. Everyone knows this. The SEC is what is keeping them down.

Not so sure they'd "dominate" the PAC but I could see them winning it most years.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky? You guys are trolling.

Kentucky would have a MoV pushing 88 according to team SEC. Teams like Auburn and Tenn's defense kept their stats down.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is going to happen though. If you have success, or top 3 recruiting that makes it harder to recruit in a couple of years. Yes, top level players will still want to go to that school but if you are a 4 star recruit and you know that the last 3 years a 4 or 5 star has signed and another 5 star is heavily considering a school...are you going to go there? Sure if you make it to the starting lineup you are assured at least a training camp invite, but if you don't then you end up on ST and looking at Canadian ball :)

Texas "down years" of recruiting are more a product of a stocked system than it is the school losing prestige or anything Mack did. IMO

That's a good point. And Mack was always a good recruiter, and was at his best sitting in the living room with the folks. Whatever the reason though, a lot of the best players are going elsewhere.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wild Turkey, you don't have to explain James Franklin to us. We've seen him up close and personal when he coached at Kansas St. He's an offensive guy who regularly turns out mediocre offenses. His defensive coordinator is the one who can coach an Vandy. What did Franklin's offenses do at Kansas St, Maryland, and Vanderbilt that should make us get excited?

So the guy can recruit? Are we supposed to care? Some schools recruit to themselves and you don't need a great recruiter. We just got rid of a great recruiter with questionable X and O history as an offensive coordinator. I want a guy who has proven track record of dominating his chosen side of the ball. That way that side is always taken care of. We then can hire a proven coordinator to run the other side your odds of having a complete team are much better than a coach like Mack Brown or James Franklin who need to great coordinators to succeed. Nothing in Franklin's history tells me he will take care of the offensive side of the ball at Texas. DO NOT WANT...
That's cool it's your team and you guys are the ones that are making the decision....me I love the guy.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
I think this guy would be an excellent choice but wonder if he has enough "star power" to keep some of the faithful happy? And here please don't take offense but when the national as well as state media starts with Saban and now it's basically "Gary who". will the Texas faithful actually buy into it?

Myself, I hope not because if he's still available when Nebraska's HC goes, I'd take the guy in a New York minute