• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

............. Next Longhorn Head Coach

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was also just on ESPN that they wanted to interview Briles this week. Tight lipped is not exactly what I would call this process so far.

Maybe it would just be quicker to put out a list of coaches they don't want to talk to.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with privacy is huge. There are too many 1., reporters hanging out at Austin Executive airport, which just handle private jets en sech, and 2., idiot millionaire/billionaire boosters who want their guy, and will release any info they can to get their way.

Patterson has a bunch of those guys to navigate through.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Applewhite is gone, it implies that the next HC has accepted the position.

There were very few Longhorns that thought Major was going to be on the staff in 2014. There was a rumor back before Mack's resignation that all the assistants were told that they were getting canned. It's quite possible that one or more of the assistants were the ones who leaked that Mack was gone before the official announcement.

He made a Major mistake choosing to leave Alabama and join Mack's staff. That's life.

You Horns got Steve Pattersen and a selected committee pulling the strings around their...Pattersen WILL clean house BEFORE a HC is choosen, guy is known to do so (P-Town Blazerz of the NBA).:suds:

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until I found out he was Greg Davis Jr, I really wanted Major to be the Longhorns' next HC.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For such a high profile job it has been handled with extreme secrecy.

They interviewed both Strong and Franklin without anyone knowing until a few days later.

There was no tracking of private planes with radar. There was no photos at the airport.

There was no twitter-verse telling us where and when.

The Horns released the bare minimum about those interviews AFTER they were completed.

They met them at private undisclosed locations without distractions.

The other 2 interviews are still completely unknown. Franklin and Strong are the only ones confirmed.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Shefty says his sorzziz are Jim Mora Jr, does that mean he's the leader in the clubhouse?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere if Texas doesn't get their #1 choice, they best option is to hire an interim coach for next year and start searching again after next season.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And by everyone knowing they interviewed Strong and Franklin would be the exact opposite of "tight lipped and professional"

you texas guys crack me up:laugh3:

I was laughing too.

"Tight lipped, but this is who they've talked to."

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They interviewed both Strong and Franklin without anyone knowing until a few days later.

There was no tracking of private planes with radar. There was no photos at the airport.

The Horns released the bare minimum about those interviews AFTER they were completed.

The other 2 interviews are still completely unknown. Franklin and Strong are the only ones confirmed.

Whats funny is in the age of Video conferencing, coaches can interview in secret and never have to leave a room at their school or house. I conducted five interviews this year with people who were not even in this country and hired two of them. They have never even stepped foot in the country to do their jobs for me. It is possible to have a face to face without actually doing so now days.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOLOLOL

f-117_02-front.jpg

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was also just on ESPN that they wanted to interview Briles this week. Tight lipped is not exactly what I would call this process so far.

I read that they were interviewing Briles today. There is nothing tight lipped about the interviews.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Patterson was in New Orleans and interviewed Saban this morning.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until I found out he was Greg Davis Jr, I really wanted Major to be the Longhorns' next HC.

insane.

Okie State game was a bit too horizontal, but it really did seem that Mack reined Major in... why would one say it seemed like that... because the other games were well called by Major letting Case attempt to be good, etc... doing what we needed to do to give our shitty team a chance to win.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patterson has handled this EXTREMELY well.

The only thing we KNOW is that Franklin and Strong have been interviewed. Everything else is internet rumor. NOTHING has been leaked.

People read rumors and think Texas has been botching this hire, or that everyone is turning them down, when there hasn't even been a confirmed offer out to ANYONE yet. So far, I'm impressed with Patterson. He runs a tight ship.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mora is like his dad, he can use his quote when Texas has issues.
Playoffs? Don't talk about—playoffs?! You kidding me? Playoffs?! I just hope we can win a game! Another game!

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mora was just one of the 4 interviewees.

4 people expressed interest and either interviewed or were scheduled to be interviewed.

We know about STRONG and FRANKLIN both wanting the job and interviewing.

It looks like MORA wants it as well. He is probably the 3rd interviewee if these reports have truth....

Which leads me to speculate that Briles is the 4th.

But other than STRONG & FRANKLIN, we really don't know anything.