• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

............. Next Longhorn Head Coach

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Mora
2) Strong
3) Briles
4) Franklin

In that order, imo.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Mora
2) Strong
3) Briles
4) Franklin

In that order, imo.
-
247 guys have been pretty steady saying Fisher, Strong, Briles are the first cut.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll have lotto hopes that the 49ers go belly up this weekend and the owner offends Harbaugh, leading to a firing.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mora just said thanks, but no thanks.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did Art Briles, he's out. Said today he has no plans to leave Baylor. List is getting shorter....

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did Art Briles, he's out. Said today he has no plans to leave Baylor. List is getting shorter....
-
Just something to keep in mind.

LSU hired some guy that couldnt win at a .600 clip in the Big 10.. Won a NC (Saban)
Rich Rod: home run hire. Michigan got there first choice. Poor Bama missed on him and ended up with some schmuck named Saban.
A&M killed it when they got Franchione.
USC was once forced to go with the their 5th choice. Some broken down retread NFL coach named Pete Carroll
New England hired a coach that Cleveland just fired.
Texas hired DKR after posting a 17-13 record in the 3 prior yrs at Washington and Miss State.
Funny, how things work out.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pure conjecture on my part, but:

Gruden had once said he would seriously consider Texas, but now nothing of it;
Multiple reports have come out saying Briles would accept the Texas job if offered, but now he says "No";
Mora agreed to be interviewed, but now says he is staying;

Really makes me wonder if Texas has already decided who they are getting, and the interviewees are made aware of it. They then save face with their current school by afterwards saying "I'm love it here and am staying put."

This would lead me to believe that it is either Jimbo, Guss, or Harbaugh - (and waiting b/c they all still have games left).

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure Briles or Mora even were interviewed.

I think the hire will be a surprise, and all this crap in the media is smoke. But I'd be happy with any of those listed. Just get a coach and move on. Let's go.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only people interviewed, by Patterson, according to what I've seen, is Franklin (several weeks ago) and Strong several days ago. Reportedly, he tried to interview Briles before the bowl, but it didn't happen. And after the bowl, it didn't happen.

Mora has not been interviewed yet, and apparently wont happen. Reportedly, his family wants to stay in California, and wouldn't blame them. If your happy, why the hell move. But that's all that I've heard (which would be what anyone of us could have heard, cause I got no sources...)

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been pointed out to me that if Malzhan where to move it would be his third job in three years and that isn't something that is very likely plus he just signed a large new contract.

Word on the street is that Jimbo's contract still leaves him an out if he wants to change jobs but not sure what that means.

Strong might be waiting out the Florida job that is where his recruiting base is and where he is comfortable.

Franklin has been rumored to Penn State but that sounds like a very bad job at the moment for any coach due to the Joepa cult.

I would bet against an NFL guy because the only thing stopping them from wrapping that up is the playoffs and I don't see anyone in the playoffs jumping to college.

If I had to bet money I'm think Franklin is the guy because Strong's game is over and it could be a done deal while Franklin plays tomorrow plenty of time to get him to Austin before the dead period is over.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ppppppppppperhaps, de goonna get da Coach Klein

waterboy_display_image.jpg

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe all these coach's aren't wanting to go head to head with Stoops every year?

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Mack can come back for another year until a good candidate shows up.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been pointed out to me that if Malzhan where to move it would be his third job in three years and that isn't something that is very likely plus he just signed a large new contract.

Word on the street is that Jimbo's contract still leaves him an out if he wants to change jobs but not sure what that means.

Strong might be waiting out the Florida job that is where his recruiting base is and where he is comfortable.

Franklin has been rumored to Penn State but that sounds like a very bad job at the moment for any coach due to the Joepa cult.

I would bet against an NFL guy because the only thing stopping them from wrapping that up is the playoffs and I don't see anyone in the playoffs jumping to college.

If I had to bet money I'm think Franklin is the guy because Strong's game is over and it could be a done deal while Franklin plays tomorrow plenty of time to get him to Austin before the dead period is over.

I think Auburn is safe with Mazlahn. The word is that his wife is outspoken and there's video, lots of it. UT likes their employee's wife to be quiet.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Auburn is safe with Mazlahn. The word is that his wife is outspoken and there's video, lots of it. UT likes their employee's wife to be quiet.
Yeah then Kristi isn't for you!!! I do hope Gus has a muzzle on her.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State jumping on James Franklin before Texas..
...gets down their list to him?
Pete Roussel ‏ @ coachingsearch 36m
A source has informed me that James Franklin will interview for the Penn State job on Sunday. http://******/jRpb35
Retweeted by Pat Forde