• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

............. Next Longhorn Head Coach

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State jumping on James Franklin before Texas..
...gets down their list to him?
Pete Roussel ‏ @ coachingsearch 36m
A source has informed me that James Franklin will interview for the Penn State job on Sunday. http://******/jRpb35
Retweeted by Pat Forde

Hopefully so. I'm not impressed with Franklin.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is Steve Patterson and why does he keep calling me? Anyone else having this problem?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, I remember saying that the three best realistic candidates were Charlie Strong, James Franklin, and David Shaw when this first came out.

Some Texas fans said they weren't "big name" enough, lol.

Looks like I was pretty spot on.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see where a Texas fan said David Shaw wasn't a big enough name. So I can call them an idiot. Even Charlie Strong is a nice name. Not a huge fan of Franklin though.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, I remember saying that the three best realistic candidates were Charlie Strong, James Franklin, and David Shaw when this first came out.

Some Texas fans said they weren't "big name" enough, lol.

Looks like I was pretty spot on.

Which thread was that?

I recall most Longhorns being in favor of Charlie Strong and David Shaw. AFA Franklin goes, few if any Longhorns want him as the next HC.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if this article has been posted on any threads because I'm not going to read a thousand posts to determine that but this is a hell of an article on UT's new AD. I called a friend of mine with the Blazers and all he'd say after reading it is "you can believe every word in that article". I'm not trying to stir up some shit; I'm just curious about how the UT fans feel about the guy. I know I'd be double pissed if OU hired the guy after reading this article.

Oregonian columnist: Texas AD Steve Patterson hated media, screamed at staff, ran Portland Trail Blazers aground | Dallas Morning News

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if this article has been posted on any threads because I'm not going to read a thousand posts to determine that but this is a hell of an article on UT's new AD. I called a friend of mine with the Blazers and all he'd say after reading it is "you can believe every word in that article". I'm not trying to stir up some shit; I'm just curious about how the UT fans feel about the guy. I know I'd be double pissed if OU hired the guy after reading this article.

Oregonian columnist: Texas AD Steve Patterson hated media, screamed at staff, ran Portland Trail Blazers aground | Dallas Morning News

That's excellent.
Couldn't happen to a better school.
Maybe it's no wonder everyone is backing out after an interview.
:laugh3:

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the article a while ago it could be a disaster for UT if that article is correct. However I wouldn't count out the author having a bone to pick and spun the hell out of the article either.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's excellent.
Couldn't happen to a better school.
Maybe it's no wonder everyone is backing out after an interview.
:laugh3:

That's kind of what I was wondering. Hiring a coach is a two-way process. The coach also checks out the AD, the university President, etc. and talks to his circle of friends who have coached there in the past. His agent is also supposed to dig into the football program's past problems, accomplishments, etc. and try to predict how his client would/would not be a good fit for the job opening and the people he'd be working with.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the article a while ago it could be a disaster for UT if that article is correct. However I wouldn't count out the author having a bone to pick and spun the hell out of the article either.

That's what I thought too so I called a guy at the Portland Trail Blazers who confirmed it. He joined the team after all this happened but he's had plenty of opportunities to talk to people who were there at the time.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of reminds me of Steve Pederson at Nebraska through the Callahan years.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well this doesn't look good. Then again, the part about people backing out after interviewing is, I don't think, correct. From what I've seen, only two people have interviewed. Strong and Franklin. And Patterson wants to interview 4-7. Briles didn't get an interview. Neither did Mora. Now, they might have declined to interview, but they didn't interview, at least from what I've read. But who the hell knows. It'll probably all suck, and I'll die before UT is good again. What can you do.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could dig Strong as coach. He is the anti-mack. I had heard reports, right after the confirmed interview, that Strong had contacted the current staff and gave them tasks to do.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, on twitter now seeing what my tweeps are saying. looks like not confirmed yet