• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

............. Next Longhorn Head Coach

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban - No
Harbaugh - No
Fisher - No
Dantonio - No?
Shaw - No?

List is getting pretty thin.

not sure where you go that information. I dont think there is much information to base anything on. Fisher signs an extension, so that means he is a no. That actually ignores that his extension lowered his buy-out and made it is easier to hire away. Just let it play out. We should all have a pretty good idea on everything by next week.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if you want me to say something about the next HC at Texas, her goes.......

Maybe the next head coach for the longhorns can field a team that can have more points than punts in a bowl game.

AFA not getting any respect, I didn't say anything about that. I was just pointing out how you longhorns like to see things and twist things to match your warped sense of reality.

Again...gaggies...kept you and your boyfriends private lives off these boards.

Clearly you didn't read my reply to when I explained that my use of the term gaggies has nothing to do with homosexuality. If I wanted to make that allusion, I'd use faggies instead of gaggies. It has to do with the tradition that your school has of choking in big games. Get it? gaggie is a play of words with chokers.

I remember 76-37-5, but I can't remember a single sport where your school's teams holds a winning all-time record versus my school's team. :omg:

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly you didn't read my reply to when I explained that my use of the term gaggies has nothing to do with homosexuality. If I wanted to make that allusion, I'd use faggies instead of gaggies. It has to do with the tradition that your school has of choking in big games. Get it? gaggie is a play of words with chokers.

I remember 76-37-5, but I can't remember a single sport where your school's teams holds a winning all-time record versus my school's team. :omg:

Oh, I read it charlie. I made the reference to gagging to insult you and only you. You got your panties all in a wad when I used terms like t-sip and t.u.. So, I quit using them as you asked me to but you continue to use your insults. Also, other Texas fans I converse with don't feel the need to use insults to refer to A&M so I quit using them. You seem to have a fixation with gagging, thought you must be think about you boyfriend.

Funny thing your memory. You want to remember those wins that Texas has over A&M from before the Wright Brothers flew at Kitty Hawk, but you don't want to remember or respond to the fact that the longhorns only scored 7 points and had 7 punts in last weeks game. Care to comment on that? Oh, wait you didn't care about the bowl game, you were more concerned with the next coach at Texas.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who is the favorite anyway? heard a handful of names. Charlie strong, jimbo fisher, james franklin etc...but no clear cut favorite.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Applewhite has been canned.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question for the Horns fans: Why wouldn't Texas consider hiring a cracker jack pro assistant coach that has a hell of a talent for coaching defense or offense while surrounding him with people like Major Applewhite, Darrell Wyatt, etc. to do the recruiting? Texas can get the players...that's not a big problem...it's coaching them up that seems to be where Mack fell short. Feed the right coach enough talent and he'll be hard to beat.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Applewhite is gone, it implies that the next HC has accepted the position.

There were very few Longhorns that thought Major was going to be on the staff in 2014. There was a rumor back before Mack's resignation that all the assistants were told that they were getting canned. It's quite possible that one or more of the assistants were the ones who leaked that Mack was gone before the official announcement.

He made a Major mistake choosing to leave Alabama and join Mack's staff. That's life.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question for the Horns fans: Why wouldn't Texas consider hiring a cracker jack pro assistant coach that has a hell of a talent for coaching defense or offense while surrounding him with people like Major Applewhite, Darrell Wyatt, etc. to do the recruiting? Texas can get the players...that's not a big problem...it's coaching them up that seems to be where Mack fell short. Feed the right coach enough talent and he'll be hard to beat.

If there are Longhorns who know what Patterson and others are going to do, they are keeping their opinions to themselves.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad Major had his gameplans hi-jacked by Mack every week. And when they sucked, he took the blame.

He'll land somewhere, hopefully where his boss will trust him and let him do his job.

Just watched a replay of the Holiday Bowl between Texas/Washington, where Major started, after spending all year on the bench as Simms started. The first strategic mistake by Mack, and it dealt with quarterbacks. What do you know?

Major threw for 475 yards and 4 TDs leading the Horns from 16 down to victory.

Also, just got a report that says the Barking Carnival article is incorrect: as of yet, no coach has agreed to anything, that they are waiting for the new coach to be announced. Sure it's just a formality.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am starting to feel downright bad for the Longhorns as the list shortens dramatically. --- Just dont go with Art Briles, please.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear they have a lot of interest in jim mora jr of UCLA. per adam schefter twitter...interesting wouldn't say hes the better of the crop

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but a blow delivered to the cross town rival wont hurt my feelings none

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TEXAS handled this properly in the broad text of things.

Despite the rumor mongering and social media idiocy, Texas has kept it very tight lipped and professional.

They have never once officially said a single thing to respect the privacy and professionalism of the interviewing and vetting process.

They interviewed both Charlie Strong and James Franklin at private undisclosed locations to avoid media circus.
They made contacts with some NFL coaches through agents and professional intermediaries.
They invited boosters into the conversation, but made sure the power came down to the people charged with the task.

It is a DARK PERIOD. There is no real sense of urgency or panic during a DARK PERIOD.
I like the patience under the protective umbrella of a DARK PERIOD.

I suspect that it will be either Franklin or Strong, but there are at least 2 other candidates that have been interviewed as well as those two bigger names.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TEXAS handled this properly in the broad text of things.

Despite the rumor mongering and social media idiocy, Texas has kept it very tight lipped and professional.

They have never once officially said a single thing to respect the privacy and professionalism of the interviewing and vetting process.

They interviewed both Charlie Strong and James Franklin at private undisclosed locations to avoid media circus.
They made contacts with some NFL coaches through agents and professional intermediaries.
They invited boosters into the conversation, but made sure the power came down to the people charged with the task.

It is a DARK PERIOD. There is no real sense of urgency or panic during a DARK PERIOD.
I like the patience under the protective umbrella of a DARK PERIOD.

I suspect that it will be either Franklin or Strong, but there are at least 2 other candidates that have been interviewed as well as those two bigger names.

And by everyone knowing they interviewed Strong and Franklin would be the exact opposite of "tight lipped and professional"

you texas guys crack me up:laugh3:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim "Sweater vest" Tressel

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And by everyone knowing they interviewed Strong and Franklin would be the exact opposite of "tight lipped and professional"

you texas guys crack me up:laugh3:

It was also just on ESPN that they wanted to interview Briles this week. Tight lipped is not exactly what I would call this process so far.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interviewing candidates as they can. Patterson taking his time, because if he picks wrong, it'll be bad for his career... I think he is going to leave no stone unturned, and whoever gets the job, it should be okay. I'm not worried, as there is no shortage of coaches who are hoping to get an interview. Just got to pick the right one.