• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

............. Next Longhorn Head Coach

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFA the offensive HC, I'd ask, "Are you willing to bring back Chizik as DC?" Yep, I know some don't like him, but he did good at Texas.
AFA the defensive HC, I'd ask that they hire someone competent and stay out of their way.
:noidea:

I would disagree. I think the head coach needs to have a view on what he wants his defense and offense to accomplish. If not you will float from system to system. He doesnt need to call plays, but he should be able to set the broad philosophy of both units.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strong is IMO the best out of those candidates. Just look at his record and resume.

He develops talent on BOTH sides of the ball. I'm not sure he really has any big weaknesses as a coach. His teams play offense and defense. They are fundamentally sound. He can recruit, and will get talent from both Texas and Florida. He's coached as a position coach on both sides of the ball. He's also relative young compared to Briles and Dantonio.

I'm PRAYING they offer Strong at this point. I think Briles would be the worst hire of the bunch.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gus Malzahn ?
-
I really like him. One of the highest upsides out there. Problem is nobody knows if he can really run a program. Never really had to recruit for himself and build a team.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
I really like him. One of the highest upsides out there. Problem is nobody knows if he can really run a program. Never really had to recruit for himself and build a team.

Texas recruits well no matter the coach...

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They better jump on him before Cleveland does then, Appears he is on their radar and they want to speak with him about the opening.

Who would go to Cleveland after they fired their coach after 1 season?

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas recruits well no matter the coach...

Not really. If you had followed the Longhorns and recruiting as long as I have, you would written something different. It has actually rotated between Texas, OU and the gaggies. Up until the early 2000s half of the Top 10 in Texas went out of state.

I started attending UT in the fall of '76.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logic doesn't work with longhorn fan.

Somehow, they will tell you that UNC finishing #6 was a good team but the 2012 A&M team being ranked #5 wasn't.

Good gawd! An aggy talking UT and football logic. Time to close this thread.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good gawd! An aggy talking UT and football logic. Time to close this thread.

Yes, logic. You longhorns have this unreal preception that Texas is the be-all, end-all of college footbal and everything and everyone else is crap. Therefore you cannot think logically about anything related to the sport.

Mack Brown finishing ranked #6 at UNC is a good team. A&M finishing ranked #5 doesn't mean shit (in longhorns opinion). The diference being the great Mack Brown (the coach yall just run out of town) coached the UNC team.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has nothing to do with who the Next Longhorn HC might be?

Why don't you just start a "gaggies don't get any respect" thread?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, logic. You longhorns have this unreal preception that Texas is the be-all, end-all of college footbal and everything and everyone else is crap. Therefore you cannot think logically about anything related to the sport.

Mack Brown finishing ranked #6 at UNC is a good team. A&M finishing ranked #5 doesn't mean shit (in longhorns opinion). The diference being the great Mack Brown (the coach yall just run out of town) coached the UNC team.
-
This sword cuts both ways. A&M fans say A&M is on par with Texas. A&M is a great program with great tradition, but they believe the are disrespected if they are held to a higher standard than UNC. To be honest, I do not think Mack was great at UNC. HE took over for Dick Crum. CRum won 72 games in 10 yrs. Mack won 69 games in 10 yrs. Crum had 4 ranked teams and 2 top 10 teams in 10 yrs. Mack had 5 ranked team and 1 top 10 finish. When looking at the 2 coaches, it is really hard to say that Mack did a much better job.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What Mack did at UNC doesn't mean shit to me just like A&M crowing about a #5 ranking doesn't mean much. Hell, the Aggys moved up four spots in the polls after a bye week this year then had to have a prayer answered to get a win against a basketball school that was a heavy underdog.

27-25

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has nothing to do with who the Next Longhorn HC might be?

Why don't you just start a "gaggies don't get any respect" thread?

Well, if you want me to say something about the next HC at Texas, her goes.......

Maybe the next head coach for the longhorns can field a team that can have more points than punts in a bowl game.

AFA not getting any respect, I didn't say anything about that. I was just pointing out how you longhorns like to see things and twist things to match your warped sense of reality.

Again...gaggies...kept you and your boyfriends private lives off these boards.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
This sword cuts both ways. A&M fans say A&M is on par with Texas. A&M is a great program with great tradition, but they believe the are disrespected if they are held to a higher standard than UNC. To be honest, I do not think Mack was great at UNC. HE took over for Dick Crum. CRum won 72 games in 10 yrs. Mack won 69 games in 10 yrs. Crum had 4 ranked teams and 2 top 10 teams in 10 yrs. Mack had 5 ranked team and 1 top 10 finish. When looking at the 2 coaches, it is really hard to say that Mack did a much better job.

Based on the product on the field the last couple of years, A&M is more than on par with Texas.

No based on history, being able to sucker ESPN out of $15 million a year for a POS network, raise money, and sell t-shirts, A&M is not on par with Texas.

Again, not feeling disrespected just emphasizing how some longhorn fans cherry pick stats and completely disregard others that don't match the world through burnt orange glasses they see.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the product on the field the last couple of years, A&M is more than on par with Texas.

No based on history, being able to sucker ESPN out of $15 million a year for a POS network, raise money, and sell t-shirts, A&M is not on par with Texas.

Again, not feeling disrespected just emphasizing how some longhorn fans cherry pick stats and completely disregard others that don't match the world through burnt orange glasses they see.
-
Using a 2-3 yr window would be exceptionally incomplete. That logic would put Louisville as one of the top programs in CFB

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. If you had followed the Longhorns and recruiting as long as I have, you would written something different. It has actually rotated between Texas, OU and the gaggies. Up until the early 2000s half of the Top 10 in Texas went out of state.

I started attending UT in the fall of '76.

Welll...you gotta make some effort. How many times have you heard I would have went to Texas if they had recruited me?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welll...you gotta make some effort. How many times have you heard I would have went to Texas if they had recruited me?
-
i think you can say both are right. If Texas is winning, than they are the dominant team in Texas recruiting. As long as Texas is running at 80% of their potential recruiting in not a problem.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban - No
Harbaugh - No
Fisher - No
Dantonio - No?
Shaw - No?

List is getting pretty thin.