• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next Lions HC

Next Lions HC?

• Lovie Smith (just get him a decent OC and were set)

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Rex Ryan (see Lovie)

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Mark Dantonio (maybe he can help our corners)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bill O'Brien (only the Lions in worse shape than PSU)

• John Gruden (did he throw his name in the hat last night)

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Cowher (rumor is he will only take the Giants job but I put him here anyways)

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Ken Wisenhunt (Calvin would love him)

• Mike Zimmer (he'd make our D a top 3 unit)

• Jay Gruden (if pops won't unretire it's plan B)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Jim Schwartz "reluctantly" admitted to cursing at Lions fans for booing the team's decision to run out the clock late in the fourth quarter of Sunday's loss to the Giants as overtime approached.

It's likely to be the final nail in Schwartz's coffin as head coach of the Lions. Detroit had two timeouts with 23 seconds left and the ball at their own 25-yard line. Instead of trying passes to get into field goal range, they ran it with Theo Riddick. Lions fans booed, and Schwartz cussed at them. Twice. "(I should have) just kept it in my mind and said, ‘Geez, why’s somebody booing when it’s 4 seconds left in the half?,'" said Schwartz. "'Don’t they know what this situation is and the risk-reward of doing something other than what we did right there?’" Schwartz previously attempted to pass off the expletives as "trying to get my team fired up," which was a blatant lie.

My buddy has season tix behind Lions bench and says Schwartz said "Fuck you guys!" when they bood him lol

Does Ford need any other reason to send Schwartz packing? Most guaranteed contracts also include language to void the buyout due to negligence or non-performance. Clearly, alienating customers by direct action rises to that level. I'm not big on firing individuals due to a loss, however this goes beyond X's and O's and to core beliefs that the team is there for the fans, not the other way around.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm all in for Wisenhunt. He's a motivator and has a success through his coaching talent in getting the best from his team.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this.. We give Dungy a 6 year $70 Million contract? Why the fuck not? His cush NBC job should turn to shit then!!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he brings Tom Moore, Lovie and Peyton Manning Im game for Dungy. He's a Lions fan already.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't want him as our head coach, but if Dennis Allen gets fired by the Raiders he'd be worth a look at offensive coordinator...

rd27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love Wisenhunt or Ray Horton.

I would be okay with Schwartz being retained as a D Coordinator. No ideas for the O though.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wizenhunt and Horton would top my list of realistic candidates, too...

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The QB type coaches:

O'Brien, Kelly, Jay Gruden

all are decent picks but IMO it's a QB coach that the Lions really need. Lions could go defense if they invest on guys to work with Stafford that have success. I could live with D-Coordinator Quinn from Seattle bringing Smith the QB coach with him. He has done a great job with Russel Wilson. Wilson plays the game to his strength but when he does throw is high effective.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if the new coach wants to switch to a 3-4? How does the personnel currently on the roster fill those spots? Fairley at NT? Suh to a DE? Ziggy becomes a standup rusher/OLB? Serious questions on say like Rex or Horton who are 3-4 guys.

Ashlee Palmer on the field for 3 downs, OH SHIT!!

Love to hear some input...

ShadowJ20

I'm Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be on board with Ken Whisenhunt. Or Jay Gruden. Whisenhunt being my top choice.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please no tampa-2. Also a 3-4 would be yet another "wait until he gets "His" guys in here" mentality. I hope whoever they hire can step in and make an impact with how they are(for the most part) currently constituted.

Last edited by a moderator:

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one's concerned with how the Cards fell apart under Whisenhunt? There was very little controversy over his firing. That thing had become a disaster. He mishandled the QB situation terribly, and allegedly neglected the O-line for years - something I don't want to see anymore of here. Yes, he got to the superbowl, and should have won, but Dennis Green takes a lot of credit for that team at that time.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one's concerned with how the Cards fell apart under Whisenhunt? There was very little controversy over his firing. That thing had become a disaster. He mishandled the QB situation terribly, and allegedly neglected the O-line for years - something I don't want to see anymore of here. Yes, he got to the superbowl, and should have won, but Dennis Green takes a lot of credit for that team at that time.

A coach will live and die by his QB. After Warner, who did he have to lead the offense? Defense was great BTW.

ShadowJ20

I'm Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well we have a QB and an OLine. So he doesn't have to worry about those. He gets a lot of credit for turning around Phillip Rivers career. I think he can have the same effect on Stafford.

rd27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you guys take Schwartz back strictly as a D-Coordinator? He was pretty good as one in Tennessee. I think we already have most, if not all, the pieces for the wide-9 to work.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if the new coach wants to switch to a 3-4? How does the personnel currently on the roster fill those spots? Fairley at NT? Suh to a DE? Ziggy becomes a standup rusher/OLB? Serious questions on say like Rex or Horton who are 3-4 guys.

Ashlee Palmer on the field for 3 downs, OH SHIT!!

Love to hear some input...

Prefer not to. Willie Young would be the other OLB not Ziggy. The other 5 guys would rotate in at DL. I would go to a 4-6 defense before doing that. The 4-2-5 works for us though so I don't see the reason to do it.

I would rather have a HC who is a game manager and talent evaluator and knows how to strategize between games. Let the OC and DC handle what goes on for each side of the ball.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my fucking god. What if Junior decides the buyout is still too high?

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my fucking god. What if Junior decides the buyout is still too high?

Can't be too high. They just sent out playoff tickets via FedEx to a non-existent game. Perhaps it was on JS saying 'we're a lock for the playoffs' or something along those lines?

Seriously, after the way this season ended, change is needed even if there is a one time cost associated with ending the Jim Schwartz tenure.