• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next Lions HC

Next Lions HC?

• Lovie Smith (just get him a decent OC and were set)

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Rex Ryan (see Lovie)

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Mark Dantonio (maybe he can help our corners)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bill O'Brien (only the Lions in worse shape than PSU)

• John Gruden (did he throw his name in the hat last night)

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Cowher (rumor is he will only take the Giants job but I put him here anyways)

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Ken Wisenhunt (Calvin would love him)

• Mike Zimmer (he'd make our D a top 3 unit)

• Jay Gruden (if pops won't unretire it's plan B)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they hired Rex Ryan, he'd scrap the wide nine and get the most out of this defense. Then it wouldn't matter that the offense sucks.

Dutchis59

Senior Advisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the tradition of the Lions it'll be someone that nobody has thought of

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the tradition of the Lions it'll be someone that nobody has thought of

You're probably right dutch.....Therein lies the problem. Get someone proven. The talent exist on this team. Andy Reid and Pete Carroll were proven coaches and stepped right in and made the Chiefs and Seahawks good in months, not years.

Just get someone proven, but I have a hunch the Lions brass is all about the status quo. The term "same ole lions" exist because the top brass is still the same.....Players come and go, so do coaches, but the brass is the same.....Ford needs to go before this team will get better.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget about Brian Kelly, and the chatter surrounding him to Detroit over the summer.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be starting to like the idea of Rex Ryan.. It would be controlled nastiness from the defense.. I think he brings a good balance of being a players coach while instilling discipline.. Another guy I would consider is Ken Wisenhunt since he could mold Stafford into a better QB kind of like what he did to Phillip Rivers.. The only problem with him is like Ryan, he had a bad second half of his tenure with Arizona..

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 votes for gruden? Who da hell else is voting for him? I would of voted cowher, but hell would freeze over before he would come to this cursed franchise. So give me both gruden bros!!!!

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Carroll was not proven. He had two unsuccessful stints in the pros and a good stint in college marred by a myriad of infractions.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol!

Yeah...... Ok

He's always looking to the next thing. The next level. The next challenge. He'd jump to the NFL in a heartbeat if the opportunity presented itself.

Last edited by a moderator:

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisenhunt was ruined because he couldn't get a good QB in there. I'd like to see what he could do with Stafford.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After giving it more thought, I could live with Jim Schwartz as head coach as long as they found a new OC.

I realize that means keeping the wide 9, but now they're getting the personnel to run the damn thing. Ansah and Taylor are just rookies. Next year they could be scary after going through a training camp that all of a sudden makes sense now. The defense keeps getting better. The offense always starts out well when Linehan's new wrinkles are new to opposing DCs. Then in the 2nd half of the season, when DCs have made adjustments, Linehan is screwed until he has an off-season to make new adjustments that will work for 6-8 games next year.

IMHFO if the Lions hire a competent OC, this offense will be able to score more than 16 friggin points and the defense will be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm liking schwartz less and less. But now I remember wanting linehan gone by the end of every year. He gets whooped by good d coordinators.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Carroll was not proven. He had two unsuccessful stints in the pros and a good stint in college marred by a myriad of infractions.

And the joke now is the 12th man in Seattle is HGH. He may be getting performance, but there seems to be clounds that form around his teams.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rex Ryan is the best of your choices.

But no fucking predictions.

I love the idea of Rex if/when he becomes available. As mentioned, he would need to bring a strong OC with him to pull in the reins on Stafford.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Jim Schwartz "reluctantly" admitted to cursing at Lions fans for booing the team's decision to run out the clock late in the fourth quarter of Sunday's loss to the Giants as overtime approached.

It's likely to be the final nail in Schwartz's coffin as head coach of the Lions. Detroit had two timeouts with 23 seconds left and the ball at their own 25-yard line. Instead of trying passes to get into field goal range, they ran it with Theo Riddick. Lions fans booed, and Schwartz cussed at them. Twice. "(I should have) just kept it in my mind and said, ‘Geez, why’s somebody booing when it’s 4 seconds left in the half?,'" said Schwartz. "'Don’t they know what this situation is and the risk-reward of doing something other than what we did right there?’" Schwartz previously attempted to pass off the expletives as "trying to get my team fired up," which was a blatant lie.

My buddy has season tix behind Lions bench and says Schwartz said "Fuck you guys!" when they bood him lol

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideally Gruden, Lovie and Wisenhunt would all come :D