• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next Head Coach Thread:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching update:

This is what I have compiled from around the web and different places so far.

Fangio asked the front office for consideration.

The 49ers have sought permission to interview, Adam Gase, Dan Quinn, and Todd Bowles.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OC Gase is the leader right now but others in the mix like OC shanahan, DC Quinn, McDaniels, DC Bowles DL coach Tomsula and DC Fangio.

A lot of options right now.

No clue who I would want.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OC Gase is the leader right now but others in the mix like OC shanahan, DC Quinn, McDaniels, DC Bowles DL coach Tomsula and DC Fangio.

I dont want Tomsula and not thrilled with Gase.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Agree with you Patterson, kinda feel like Tomsula is another Singletary albeit a bit better. Gase, the issue I have is if it's Peyton or if it's Gase.

I kinda like Pep Hamilton if we was willing to leave Luck.

For me it would be 1) Fangio 2) Hamilton

I fear that if we hire someone other than Fangio though, he is going to bolt for a HC job somewhere else (NYJ perhaps)

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont want Tomsula and not thrilled with Gase.
:agree: No to both IMO. If the 9ers hire from within it should be Fangio not Tomsula. I'm not getting how Quinn is a choice just yet either. This may take a while if we are looking at coaches currently on teams that are in the playoffs.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: No to both IMO. If the 9ers hire from within it should be Fangio not Tomsula. I'm not getting how Quinn is a choice just yet either. This may take a while if we are looking at coaches currently on teams that are in the playoffs.

Fangio would be the only one on the list I would be hoping for. I think Quinn is smoke screen to show they're not interviewing Bowles just as the Rooney rule requirement. They can say see we're interviewing multiple DC's. It really makes no sense to bring in a D guy outside the organization to be our HC.

I'd say no to Gase just based on the fact that if your getting shutdown on O with Denver's offensive talent by Seattle, how are you going to beat them with ours?

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So true. Denver and Seattle could both be back in the Super Bowl.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking McDaniels and keep Fangio!! Go 49ers!!

Falcons are going to Interview McDaniels.

York said they will search for the next head coach in the next 7-10 days. So we should have our coach soon.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gotta say I don't want Gase. Who knows, maybe he'd be a good coach. But as I stated in a different post, I don't think a first time HC is the way to go here.

Of these, I'd prefer McDaniels and I'm hoping that Fangio stays on as DC.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons are going to Interview McDaniels.

York said they will search for the next head coach in the next 7-10 days. So we should have our coach soon.

Yeah, I'd imagine Joshy McD is gonna get a lot of consideration. He's qualified, but I think there's better out there.

Personally, I'd like to hire an offensive guy and keep Fangio.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Fangio as the head coach. He is respected by all the players and is a great defensive coordinator. I like the idea of McDaniels as the head coach but if that makes Fangio go bye bye; I don't want it.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fangio is going to be a key guy to stay here in SF. If he leaves the defense will suffer and Jed will really be up shit creek without a paddle. Fangio is a key to keeping some of the heat off Jed. Pay that man more money to stay.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fangio to HC, Tomsula to DC, keep Rathman & Solari (if possible), bring in an offensive minded individual to take the reigns at OC. Not sold on Gase as Manning is mainly running the show on the turf, but maybe he can bring some structure for Kaep to grow into? There are a ton of names out there for the OC position, but for a lot of them it would be a lateral move or a step down in their eyes I would imagine.