• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next 10 Games: How will they do?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the next 10 games for the Warriors. This will be a critical stretch as we have Utah and Houston breathing down our necks.

vs. SA
@ MIN
@ IND
@ NYK
@ BOS
@ PHI
vs. TOR
vs. SAC
vs. HOU
vs. MIL

4 must win games in there (MIN, PHI, TOR, SAC)
3 could go either way games (IND, BOS, MIL)
3 tough games (SA, NYK, HOU)

If the Warriors go 7-3 that's probably best case scenario. Anything less than 5 would be terrible, imo.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off to a great start. Spurs were on the end of a back to back, but they didn't have to exert much during that romp of the Clippers. Warriors were also without Bogut. Coming back from down 13 in the 4th quarter was huge.

Couple of notes: That was probably the best defensive game David Lee played all year. He was extremely active and bodied up well against Duncan. He also rebounded like a beast. Jack was amazing. Landry is finally starting to be aggressive and effective on the offensive end (which I believe will help him become effective again on defense). Even though Klay and Curry had terrible shooting nights they came up big down the stretch. Biedrins played some great defense as well. Barnes needs to keep putting in work.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off to a great start. Spurs were on the end of a back to back, but they didn't have to exert much during that romp of the Clippers. Warriors were also without Bogut. Coming back from down 13 in the 4th quarter was huge.

Couple of notes: That was probably the best defensive game David Lee played all year. He was extremely active and bodied up well against Duncan. He also rebounded like a beast. Jack was amazing. Landry is finally starting to be aggressive and effective on the offensive end (which I believe will help him become effective again on defense). Even though Klay and Curry had terrible shooting nights they came up big down the stretch. Biedrins played some great defense as well. Barnes needs to keep putting in work.

This seems to be a positive for us. Maybe it just takes time to integrate a good player like him, or maybe he's never going to be healthy enough to really contribute. Lee seems to alter his defense (as in: play none) when Bogut is in the game. I dunno. This team confounds me and I'm still pissed at them for the losing streak.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the next 10 games for the Warriors. This will be a critical stretch as we have Utah and Houston breathing down our necks.

vs. SA
@ MIN
@ IND
@ NYK
@ BOS
@ PHI
vs. TOR
vs. SAC
vs. HOU
vs. MIL

4 must win games in there (MIN, PHI, TOR, SAC)
3 could go either way games (IND, BOS, MIL)
3 tough games (SA, NYK, HOU)

If the Warriors go 7-3 that's probably best case scenario. Anything less than 5 would be terrible, imo.

I would have said 5-5 before last nights game. Now, I see 6-4. Unless Bogut comes back and the defense goes comatose again.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-0

Gotta be one of the ugliest wins in Warriors history. There were about 6 "What the fu--..., are you freaking kidding me?" plays. I think Lee made back-to-back horrible passes at one point, accounting for 2 of the 6.

They gotta grab one more win on this road trip, and hopefully get rolling playing so many games down the stretch at home. But winning one more game will be impossible if they can't take better care of the ball.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-0

Gotta be one of the ugliest wins in Warriors history. There were about 6 "What the fu--..., are you freaking kidding me?" plays. I think Lee made back-to-back horrible passes at one point, accounting for 2 of the 6.

They gotta grab one more win on this road trip, and hopefully get rolling playing so many games down the stretch at home. But winning one more game will be impossible if they can't take better care of the ball.

Three consecutive times down the floor, he committed a turnover. The first was a moving screen, and then the two stupid passes. That's when the Wolves stretched out from a 4 point to a 12 point lead.

Infuriating.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the bright side, it's a huge thing for Warrior fans to actually be upset when the Warriors play bad. In previous years we expected bad things and weren't nearly as upset when they would do something stupid. Now our expectations are higher and for good reason. I find myself yelling at the TV way more than I have in past years.

Indy has a great record but I think we match up with them very well. Hopefully the Warriors bring it tonight.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Lee has been suspended for tonight's game against the Knicks for his part in the Indy debacle. Expecting to see a healthy dose of Draymond against Melo.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The State of the Warriors: Score and Be Scored Upon - The Triangle Blog - Grantland

Grantland on the Ws troubles: the defense has been shitty the last 17 games, especially the zone defense

Thanks for passing it along. Some highlights:

The Warriors are 7-10 in their last 17 games, and have allowed 109 points per 100 possessions in that stretch, a mark that would rank dead last in the league.

Opponents over the last 17 games have shot 52 percent on 2-point shots and 43 percent from deep...

I wonder what their they rank in terms of turnovers during that 17 game stretch...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still thinking 6-4; they should beat Philly tonight. Then, 16 of the final 22 at home.

Six seed.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still thinking 6-4; they should beat Philly tonight. Then, 16 of the final 22 at home.

Six seed.

I think you're right.

I hope you're right.

This team is damn aggravating to watch, given all the lazy turnovers and lousy defense. I don't give them much of a chance against one of the top 3 teams in the playoffs. But making it there is an important part of the rebuilding process.

BTW: a win against Houston would be huge!

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't take three of the next four, and the smell of collapse will dominate the Bay Area.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're right.

I hope you're right.

This team is damn aggravating to watch, given all the lazy turnovers and lousy defense. I don't give them much of a chance against one of the top 3 teams in the playoffs. But making it there is an important part of the rebuilding process.

BTW: a win against Houston would be huge!

Agreed all around. Still, the schedule is extremely favorable now. This 7 game home stretch is where they will solidify the 6 seed or melt down.

I'm betting the former.