• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers Schedule Released - How will we do?

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers 2022 Schedule:

1. at Bears, Sun, Sep 11, early
2. Seahawks Sun, Sep 18, late
3. at Broncos Sun, Sep 25, night
4. Rams Mon Oct 3, night
5. at Panthers Sun, Oct 9, late
6. at Falcons Sun, Oct 16, early
7. Chiefs Sun, Oct 23, late
8. at Rams Sun, Oct 30, late
BYE
9. Chargers Sun, Nov 13, night
10. at Cardinals Mon, Nov 21, night
11. Saints Sun, Nov 27, late
12. Dolphins Sun, Dec 4, late
13. Buccaneers Sun, Dec 11, late
14. at Seahawks Thu, Dec 15, night
15. Commanders Sat, Dec 24, late
16. at Raiders Sun, Jan 1, late
17. Cardinals TBA

Well, what do we think? And what will or record be?

Overall, the schedule isn't as hard as it usually is for us. We open against the rebuilding Bears, we get 2 games against the newly rebuilding Seahawks, to go with road games against the Panthers and Falcons (we'll stay overnight on the east coast), and home games against the Dolphins and Commies. That's 7 "should win" games. Not bad, but we've got some real tough ones in the Rams x2, the Cards x2, Chiefs, Bucs, and Chargers.

I could easily see us win anywhere from 8-10 games. It all really depends on how quickly (if at all) Lance develops.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers 2022 Schedule:

1. at Bears, Sun, Sep 11, early
2. Seahawks Sun, Sep 18, late
3. at Broncos Sun, Sep 25, night
4. Rams Mon Oct 3, night
5. at Panthers Sun, Oct 9, late
6. at Falcons Sun, Oct 16, early
7. Chiefs Sun, Oct 23, late
8. at Rams Sun, Oct 30, late
BYE
9. Chargers Sun, Nov 13, night
10. at Cardinals Mon, Nov 21, night
11. Saints Sun, Nov 27, late
12. Dolphins Sun, Dec 4, late
13. Buccaneers Sun, Dec 11, late
14. at Seahawks Thu, Dec 15, night
15. Commanders Sat, Dec 24, late
16. at Raiders Sun, Jan 1, late
17. Cardinals TBA

Well, what do we think? And what will or record be?

Overall, the schedule isn't as hard as it usually is for us. We open against the rebuilding Bears, we get 2 games against the newly rebuilding Seahawks, to go with road games against the Panthers and Falcons (we'll stay overnight on the east coast), and home games against the Dolphins and Commies. That's 7 "should win" games. Not bad, but we've got some real tough ones in the Rams x2, the Cards x2, Chiefs, Bucs, and Chargers.

I could easily see us win anywhere from 8-10 games. It all really depends on how quickly (if at all) Lance develops.

Wait there must be some mistake we actually must be playing Nawleans in Nawleans cause a regular season game against them at home.... Has that ever happened? :noidea: :brick:

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait there must be some mistake we actually must be playing Nawleans in Nawleans cause a regular season game against them at home.... Has that ever happened? :noidea: :brick:
Gotta be a misprint. No way the league would let us play the Saints at home...

Reminds me of all those years during the Cowboys early 90's hay days when they played the Packers every year, but always in Dallas.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If we started with two difficult teams i'd be thinking 8 or 9 wins. However, we start off with lesser (not gimmies) teams so i'll say 10-7 or 11-6. Not as concerned with Lance as i am with the interior O-line. Obviously, if the O-line struggles then Lance struggles too. Its worse for him getting pressure right up the middle.

The defense will be just as good if not better, and ST's should be improved.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jimmy G stays healthy 11-6. I think they are going to keep Lance on bench one more year. They will find a way to make Deebo happy. Jimmy’s shoulder should be healthy, it obviously wasn’t 100% in playoffs.

https://www.************.com/news/amp-158103/

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Jimmy G stays healthy 11-6. I think they are going to keep Lance on bench one more year. They will find a way to make Deebo happy. Jimmy’s shoulder should be healthy, it obviously wasn’t 100% in playoffs.

I just don't see Lance sitting another year.

I don't see us keeping JG but even if he remains, still see Lance starting.

TheLonestarDUCK

Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see Lance sitting another year.

I don't see us keeping JG but even if he remains, still see Lance starting.
I don’t see releasing him. The team is better with him under center than unproven, inaccurate Lance. Massive mistake our brass made with him. This team is a whisker from the Super Bowl with Jimmy. Probably wouldn’t make playoffs with Lance. If you are the owner what would you do? Release Jimmy and get nothing for him or run it back?

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gonna feel good to beat Seattle. I can barely explain how happy I was to see Wilson shipped out of town. Time for them to see how the other half live. They're gonna be tanking this year to land a QB next year.

On paper, the Bucs aren't as good as they were last year.
Lost starters at: TE, OG, OG, S
No A.Brown at WR
Godwin coming back off an ACL
Not sure if they'll get Suh back at DT or JPP back at DE

Getting the bye week in the middle of the schedule is good for us.

After the bye, we get the Chargers at home on Sunday night. Another plus.

Note that in the 2nd half of the season, the team doesn't have to travel much. It's a bye, then LAC at home, at AZ, Saints/Phins/Bucs at home, short trip to seattle, Commies at home, short trip to vegas, then Cards at home. At least the players won't be jet lagged.

If Jimmy G stays healthy 11-6. I think they are going to keep Lance on bench one more year. They will find a way to make Deebo happy. Jimmy’s shoulder should be healthy, it obviously wasn’t 100% in playoffs.]
I'll be happy to make a friendly wager on that. Barring some freak injury, Lance is the day 1 starter. There is a whole nother thread on Jimmy. Let's try and keep it there.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don’t see releasing him. The team is better with him under center than unproven, inaccurate Lance. Massive mistake our brass made with him. This team is a whisker from the Super Bowl with Jimmy. Probably wouldn’t make playoffs with Lance. If you are the owner what would you do? Release Jimmy and get nothing for him or run it back?
It makes sense to gain something in return for JG, but at this point that return is small. If it gets to the 53 man cutdown and there are no offers, i would release JG as the Owner. The locker room dynamic has a huge affect on your team, and you can't have players 'taking sides'. Then there is the cap dynamics which everyone already knows about.

We got Lance for a reason and the biggest reason is that JG is limited. We got to the SB and last season's NFC final almost despite JG. We got there with strong teams (mainly defense) and with better QB play, would've won the SB '19 and '21. Not claiming JG didn't contribute but his contribution is not enough. We'd need a super strong team to win a SB with JG, and that is unrealistic.

DurbanPoison2121

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like Deep said, no way the Niners are sitting Lance another year. Make Deebo happy? The reports were not that Deebo was unhappy with Lance but that he didn't want to shorten his football life expectancy by playing part time RB as well.

Regarding Schedule:

NFL West (5-1)
- I don't see the Niners losing to a RW/Wagner-less SEA team at all next season. 2-0
- I don't see ARZ as even remotely close to as good as they were last season, between losing Chandler Jones, not addressing their OL, and having a moody Franchise QB, so 2-0 vs. Also, SF is one of the most popular teams (Also, Dallas) in Mexico, so the Estadio Azteca in Mexico City is essentially having two home games vs. ARZ.
- I don't see the Rams as better. They signed Allen Robinson but they lost something like 10 starters, including Whitworth at LT and have not addressed many of those positions at all. 1-1 at worst.

NFC South (3-1)
- CAR is an ok team with a trash QB situation and a suspect OL aside from their LT.
- The talent discrepancy between ATL and SF is too great to believe that ATL can pull the upset despite it being the 2nd game of a 2-week East Coast trip
- NO at home, without Sean Payton and Drew Brees does not scare me.
- TB, TB factor to me = loss

AFC West (2-2)
- DEN has a GREAT defense and they now have RW, which sucks! I see DEN beating us in Denver.
- I think the Chiefs best us, but I can't wait to watch that game.
- Chargers are a good team, but can be beat if we can make them one dimensional. Their passing game is similar to what we have seen Shanny do with Lance, with playactions and rollouts to buy time to set feet to throw downfield, so I feel our defense who sees Lance daily can learn to chase Herbert effectively. I think we beat them, especially coming off a BYE.
-Raiders = win.

Others (2-1)
- CHI is tearing their roster down, our D will eat against their OL bc Fields' targets are trash. Dub.
- MIA is a tough one and Mike McDaniel is one of ours...McDaniel is a first year coach and his roster, although SERIOUSLY improved, is still not as talented as the Niners roster. However, the NFL has upsets all the time and the Niners are not immune. Chalk up a loss.
- WAS is WAS, even with that DL. Win.

Total 12-5

I think people need to remember how many impact players moved from the NFC to the AFC (See Devante Adams, DJ Jones, RW, etc.), which has shifted the competitive balance of the NFC quite a bit. Most every NFC team got worse this offseason, the question is which teams did the best job applying deodorant to the stink they have created.

DurbanPoison2121

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2022 Trey Lance prediction: 4000+ yards passing, 28/14 w about 400 yards rushing.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JG will not be on the roster for game 1... at least not with his current contract. And even if he reworks his deal to be less than the $25M cap hit that exists today, it'll be in a back up role. I doubt he wants to go that route. The team tried to shop him, but the surgery caused a setback. The team is prepared to move on to Lance this year. Don't believe the national hype out there from folks that haven't seen Lance practice in months.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hope you guys are right. I think Lance was a mistake
We're all expecting a top NFL QB, not right away or at least we shouldn't be right away, but thats our expectation based on the trade. Based on this expectation, he could end up above average and we'd call it a mistake. He could be a Tier 2 NFL QB and we'd call it a mistake.

The only way we won't say 'mistake' is if he's an elite NFL QB. The margin for error is very small.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t have traded all the picks. I would have continued to build with young talent.
I think every rational fan realized that the Shanahan/Lynch regime put their credibility (and potential career with the 9ers) on the table with that trade. Given the fact that Lance has already sat one year and you still have the $25M JG cap hit out there - they HAVE to move forward assuming Lance is the starter.

If your point is that the trade was questionable, I'm with you. But you can't undo it, and the team can't possibly live with JG's contract and another year lost on Lance's development. They just just can't. If JG showed up different in the PO's maybe..... but he was the same guy he's been. Outside of locker room support, there isn't anything you can point to on film that would suggest he's worth taking that type of risk.

These are the breaks.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wouldn’t have traded all the picks. I would have continued to build with young talent.
This is fine because initially this was my opinion too.

I knew JG wasn't a top QB, but back then thought he had enough to win the SB. This past season really showed that JG can't lead this team far enough on his play. It was more like this team carried JG, and this was the same in '19. All the film and stat breakdowns from the '19 and '21 play-off games, reinforces it.

The QB's impact is too large to just continue status quo, you can't build enough team talent to make up for what JG lacks. You can surround JG with more young talent, but you'd still need him play better than he's able. I'm not saying JG is lousy, didn't make an impact, or didn't contribute anything, he did. Am saying what he brings isn't enough to win SB's, and we're in the window now.

Looked another way, if our QB was just a little bit better, we'd have won the SB in '19 and '21.

TheLonestarDUCK

Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is fine because initially this was my opinion too.

I knew JG wasn't a top QB, but back then thought he had enough to win the SB. This past season really showed that JG can't lead this team far enough on his play. It was more like this team carried JG, and this was the same in '19. All the film and stat breakdowns from the '19 and '21 play-off games, reinforces it.

The QB's impact is too large to just continue status quo, you can't build enough team talent to make up for what JG lacks. You can surround JG with more young talent, but you'd still need him play better than he's able. I'm not saying JG is lousy, didn't make an impact, or didn't contribute anything, he did. Am saying what he brings isn't enough to win SB's, and we're in the window now.

Looked another way, if our QB was just a little bit better, we'd have won the SB in '19 and '21.
Totally agree but here is the rub. Lance isn’t a little bit better. Think we take a step backwards with him. Time will tell.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the first two relatively easy games, we see a rather hard stretch of games for the first 1/3 of the season.

At Denver, then Rams at home. The Rams are loaded again and Wilson has always managed to beat us. WE get a 2 game break with the east coast road trip Panthers and Falcons, but then it's back to back tough games against the Chiefs and at Rams. Then the bye, but we still play the playoff-level chargers.

The last half of the schedule looks relatively easy by comparison and like i said earlier, there isn't a lot of travel miles. That early 1/3 or 1/2 of the schedule will be tough.