• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Year's Six Predictions: Week 9(According to SportsHoopla Poll)

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. As I have already said in both threads, all 3 were horrible rankings when trying to give an accurate top 25, or top 40.

I'm just surprised you didn't vote for Ranking A because you love ppg so much.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you're actually going to elaborate, stop begging for attention.

PPG and PPG allowed were part of what was used to determine this ranking. Probably why it turned out to be the shittiest one? :noidea:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PPG and PPG allowed were part of what was used to determine this ranking. Probably why it turned out to be the shittiest one? :noidea:
Probably. Comparing that metric with someone like OSU and Texas State, for instance, is stupid.

Comparing it for OSU and michigan, however, seems pretty fair. Even though OSU has played a much tougher schedule.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably. Comparing that metric with someone like OSU and Texas State, for instance, is stupid.

Comparing it for OSU and michigan, however, seems pretty fair. Even though OSU has played a much tougher schedule.

OSU has played a tougher schedule, but not "much" tougher.

Wisconsin = Wisconsin
Penn State = Penn State
Colorado = Oklahoma
Rutgers = Rutgers
Hawaii better than Bowling Green
UCF worse than Tulsa

Why I say Ohio State's schedule is slightly tougher is because Indiana is slightly better than MSU and NW is better than Illinois, but all four teams suck on their own.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU has played a tougher schedule, but not "much" tougher.

Wisconsin = Wisconsin
Penn State = Penn State
Colorado = Oklahoma

Rutgers = Rutgers
Hawaii better than Bowling Green
UCF worse than Tulsa

Why I say Ohio State's schedule is slightly tougher is because Indiana is slightly better than MSU and NW is better than Illinois, but all four teams suck on their own.

Wisconsin at home =/= Wisconsin in Camp Randall at night
Penn State at home =/= Penn State in Happy Valley at night
Colorado is not equal to Oklahoma regardless, but they're definitely not the same when Colorado, again, was at home and Oklahoma, again, was on the road at night.

OSU's schedule has been much tougher.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin at home =/= Wisconsin in Camp Randall at night
Penn State at home =/= Penn State in Happy Valley at night
Colorado is not equal to Oklahoma regardless, but they're definitely not the same when Colorado, again, was at home and Oklahoma, again, was on the road at night.

OSU's schedule has been much tougher.

You're right Colorado has been better than OU this year.

And you're right Rutgers =/= Rutgers when one was played at home and the other one at night on the road.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right Colorado has been better than OU this year.
Not in the eyes of those who actually know what they're talking about. Oklahoma would beat them by 2+ TDs.

And you're right Rutgers =/= Rutgers when one was played at home and the other one at night on the road.
And yes, it is. Don't be stupid. Neither was at night either.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in the eyes of those who actually know what they're talking about. Oklahoma would beat them by 2+ TDs.

And yes, it is. Don't be stupid. Neither was at night either.

What the hell you basing that off of other than it will help your already biased stance? You just got done arguing how home advantage is a big deal, yet OU looked like shit against OSU(who is worse than Michigan), and Colorado did well for themselves at Michigan. Colorado lost at USC, OU lost on a neutral to Houston, not much difference there. At worst they are equal this year. Colorado has better wins too.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell you basing that off of other than it will help your already biased stance? You just got done arguing how home advantage is a big deal, yet OU looked like shit against OSU(who is worse than Michigan), and Colorado did well for themselves at Michigan. Colorado lost at USC, OU lost on a neutral to Houston, not much difference there. At worst they are equal this year. Colorado has better wins too.
Maybe, maybe not.

OU looked like shit against us because of what we did. It's not like they were dropping passes and missing holes all night. We shut them down.

Oklahoma is more talented, and at the end of the day, that would be the difference. According to you, they have the best offense in the nation. Colorado wouldn't be able to keep up. They'd get points, don't get me wrong, but not enough.

And how the hell am I biased when I'm saying #12 in the nation would beat #21? Stop fussing.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, maybe not.

OU looked like shit against us because of what we did. It's not like they were dropping passes and missing holes all night. We shut them down.

Oklahoma is more talented, and at the end of the day, that would be the difference. According to you, they have the best offense in the nation. Colorado wouldn't be able to keep up. They'd get points, don't get me wrong, but not enough.

And how the hell am I biased when I'm saying #12 in the nation would beat #21? Stop fussing.

Oklahoma does have a great offense, they also have a shitty defense. Colorado is much more balanced offensively and defensively.

And if we're going to use the AP poll, I guess Michigan is definitely beating Ohio State then.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma does have a great offense, they also have a shitty defense. Colorado is much more balanced offensively and defensively.

And if we're going to use the AP poll, I guess Michigan is definitely beating Ohio State then.
Oklahoma has the best offense in the nation, let's not be mistaken here. Who on Colorado would be able to slow down the likes of Baker Mayfield, Joe Mixon, Samaje Perine and Dede Westbrook? They haven't faced an offense even remotely close to that level of talent this year. Oklahoma has a shitty defense, sure. They would outscore Colorado though.

2 vs. 6 is a much closer matchup than 12 vs. 21. Let's also not forget, the only reason michigan is ranked higher is because of a fluke blocked FG. If OSU got to face Penn State at home, they'd of won just like michigan did. As I illustrated earlier, it's just how this H2H goes.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma has the best offense in the nation, let's not be mistaken here. Who on Colorado would be able to slow down the likes of Baker Mayfield, Joe Mixon, Samaje Perine and Dede Westbrook? They haven't faced an offense even remotely close to that level of talent this year. Oklahoma has a shitty defense, sure. They would outscore Colorado though.

2 vs. 6 is a much closer matchup than 12 vs. 21. Let's also not forget, the only reason michigan is ranked higher is because of a fluke blocked FG. If OSU got to face Penn State at home, they'd of won just like michigan did. As I illustrated earlier, it's just how this H2H goes.

Yes OU has a great offense, best in the country, they also have a horrible defense. Houston had no problem slowing down OU, I'm sure Colorado, who is better defensively could do it. Just not sure why you're so dismissive of Colorado? OU couldn't even beat TCU, Texas or Texas Tech by 2 TD's but they will definitely against Colorado? You say you understand how H2H works but can't make the correlation between how Colorado performed on the road against Michigan and how OU performed at home against OSU, even if OSU/Michigan were still ranked #2/#3. If home field matters so much, it's undeniable Colorado has performed better this year.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes OSU played a hell of a game against Oklahoma, but they also played other games.
Even the dirt burgler homers on the hoop will tell you that beating Oklahoma this year isn't as big of an accomplishment as it usually is. One of 'em even stated that winning the Big 12 this year is going to be like winning the Special Olympics.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd argue at this point that OSU's defense has been just as good, if not better, considering we've faced the #5 and #12 scoring teams in the nation and are only giving up an average of 3.5 more PPG

You know I respect your opinion, but I think you are letting your allegiance to OSU and hatred for UM get in the way here.

Wisconsin and Penn State had 350 yards of offense COMBINED, this includes garbage times for PSU after UM was up by 35-3 in the 3rd quarter and started bringing in more and more players off the bench.

Wisconsin scored only after returning an interception to the UM 31. I'm not sure they crossed mid-field the rest of the game?!?! If they did -- it was maybe once more.

PSU had like 40 yards of offense at the half against UM and it was 28-0. The game was a joke. UM ran for 300+ yards on PSU.

OSU has a really good team, but as I said earlier in the year, I think they are a year away from being great. That being said -- I still am not confident in the OSU game, because UM still struggles with running QB's. I'd let Barrett throw all game long and take UM to win. Unfortunately for UM -- that isn't going to happen and unless UM is holding back some exotic look on defense they are planning to only use against OSU -- I can see them having issues with Barrett.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes OU has a great offense, best in the country, they also have a horrible defense. Houston had no problem slowing down OU, I'm sure Colorado, who is better defensively could do it. Just not sure why you're so dismissive of Colorado? OU couldn't even beat TCU, Texas or Texas Tech by 2 TD's but they will definitely against Colorado? You say you understand how H2H works but can't make the correlation between how Colorado performed on the road against Michigan and how OU performed at home against OSU, even if OSU/Michigan were still ranked #2/#3. If home field matters so much, it's undeniable Colorado has performed better this year.

I don't want to get in the middle of the OU debate, as I think they are a great team in the Big 12. The last 3 times they have played a team that is not a Big 12 defense -- that offense has been offensive. OSU, Houston and Clemson held them in check.

I don't want to kick a conference while they are down, but that conference plays a big role in having the best offense in the country -- they don't believe in playing defense. It is usually first one to score 50 wins.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been on record here saying I am not buying into Colorado. For OU, it was different. They knew OSU was an elite opponent. For michigan, they were obviously thinking nothing of Colorado, and why should they have? It caught them off guard (which is no excuse) but then michigan regrouped and won. I think if michigan played them today they'd win by twice as much as they did before. I haven't seen Colorado do anything overly impressive this year. OU still has much of the elite talent that brought them to a playoff last year.

Make no mistake, if Colorado played OSU the same way they played michigan, I'd be really disappointed in OSU. They're a nice story, but they're simply not on the same talent level as Oklahoma. Would it be impossible for Colorado to win? Of course not. Upsets happen. If both teams are playing to their full potential, OU wins by 2 TDs+.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I respect your opinion, but I think you are letting your allegiance to OSU and hatred for UM get in the way here.

Wisconsin and Penn State had 350 yards of offense COMBINED, this includes garbage times for PSU after UM was up by 35-3 in the 3rd quarter and started bringing in more and more players off the bench.

Wisconsin scored only after returning an interception to the UM 31. I'm not sure they crossed mid-field the rest of the game?!?! If they did -- it was maybe once more.

PSU had like 40 yards of offense at the half against UM and it was 28-0. The game was a joke. UM ran for 300+ yards on PSU.

OSU has a really good team, but as I said earlier in the year, I think they are a year away from being great. That being said -- I still am not confident in the OSU game, because UM still struggles with running QB's. I'd let Barrett throw all game long and take UM to win. Unfortunately for UM -- that isn't going to happen and unless UM is holding back some exotic look on defense they are planning to only use against OSU -- I can see them having issues with Barrett.
I don't disagree with you. Honestly, I was stirring the pot a little. michigan has performed better than OSU this year. That said, as I pointed out before, I'd really have liked to see michigan play on the road at night vs. Wisconsin and PSU and let OSU play them both at home. The outcomes would be different. Would michigan have lost to either? Maybe, maybe not. Would OSU have beaten both of them? I'd say absolutely.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with you. Honestly, I was stirring the pot a little. michigan has performed better than OSU this year. That said, as I pointed out before, I'd really have liked to see michigan play on the road at night vs. Wisconsin and PSU and let OSU play them both at home. The outcomes would be different. Would michigan have lost to either? Maybe, maybe not. Would OSU have beaten both of them? I'd say absolutely.

The only person on UM I'm worried about on the road is Speight and he was arguably the best all season in the MSU game. The rest of the team have all been on the road and played the games. So they know what to expect.

Personally, I think the issues OSU has been having has more to do with inexperience than anything else. I think in a year or even two with this year's class included. OSU is going to be extremely tough to beat. (Even more so than now). Young players are going to make mistakes. You learn from experience and many of these guys are learning on the fly.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only person on UM I'm worried about on the road is Speight and he was arguably the best all season in the MSU game. The rest of the team have all been on the road and played the games. So they know what to expect.

Personally, I think the issues OSU has been having has more to do with inexperience than anything else. I think in a year or even two with this year's class included. OSU is going to be extremely tough to beat. (Even more so than now). Young players are going to make mistakes. You learn from experience and many of these guys are learning on the fly.
You very well might be right there in terms of OSU's inexperience (especially the wideouts... ugh), though do any of the players on michigan really have that much experience in a tough road environment? They got both MSU and OSU at home last year, and obviously haven't had anything tough on the road this year.